Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The HD ad is ****e and not a good representation of the New GNR. They cut out the best parts of the song to make it fit the ad, it's not even their best song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umn1JLFBjUo

That's their best song I've heard.

Mushy wrote:
    CAnt see the album coming out for another while though, well, not before Christmas anyway.
    You're not up to date with the whole goings on re:New GNR are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hey Mushy

Wake up and smell the coffee, will ye???? It's out this year!!! There's been too many leaks, people talkin about it on various chat boards(like this one)!!??:)

Aparently "Better" IS the new f**kin single:eek:!! And has been leaked online already!! Double:eek: :eek: !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

*sigh*

I am looking forward to hearing this album, purely out of curiosity more than anything else, but jesus, relax will yiz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

LundiMardi wrote:
    *sigh*

No time to sigh man, Better just got its FIRST ever play on American radio today!

Yeah,

I clicked on the link for it, then discovered that the speakers on my(brother's)piece of s**t, cheapo computer aren't working!!!!:mad: He's currently in Amsterdam, but when he returns I'll kick his f**kin arse!!!!!

Hopefully, Irish radio will get hold of it soon too........????

Hopefully, Irish radio will get hold of it soon too........????

Yes, and then we'll get some kind of single, with artwork...in our hands, with a B-Side and everything, and then an album!

I think the artwork for the album is at this link????

www.mygnr.com

I hope this is the artwork, it looks cool!?

Aparently "Better" IS the new f**kin single:eek:!! And has been leaked online already!! Double:eek: :eek: !!!!!!
    Better was leaked online over 8 months ago.

They played the leak on the radio.

• Advertisement

Still think it'll be the first single off Chinese Democracy, though........???:)

Yup, definately, check the source code of the HD ad: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/NmHJoker/better.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Open Rant
    {
    I think its a joke!
    The G'N'R band is long gone man...this is Axl and his side project.
    He's using the G'N'R name just to keep people instrested in him.
    ...sad,...sad man

I wont buy the album cos I got it from bitLord and its ****!
    if thats the real stuff that Axl have spent all these years on..well he should really quit now.
    I think the nearst thing to G'N'R are Velvet Revolver!
    }
    Rant End

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Velvet Revolver are a far cry from Guns N Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Velvet Revolver are a far cry from Guns N Roses.

From the old GNR that is. Im listening to it now again, and theres just some really cool stuff on it. IMO, Scott>new Axl. GNR just dont have that edge anymore. VR kinda have an edge, not what it used to be from old-GNR era though.

JC2K3, not too much up on it, what with the whole length of album release thing. Maybe two years ago when I actually had a bit more interest in them and wasnt bored s***less of them

Mental Mickey, maybe with the new(possibly official) first airplay of the first single, and all that stuff you mentioned, then it just might be true

It HAS to be.......??

Ye don't just hear a new song and not expect an album to come out soon afterwards.......???

All will/will not be answered this time next month........

Well, they did play some of that stuff here in ~December 2003, and an album still didnt appear soon after that. thats on the uncertain side though. Although with the bigger-scale tour incl. Europe this summer, it'd make ya wonder

Mushy,

-They didn't play ANY shows in 2003(Let alone December, Tour was cancelled in 2002) and certainly never played here with the 2001/2002 band.
    -Axl himself said in 2002 that the album WOULDN'T be coming out soon.
    -In 2006 Axl said, for the first time EVER that Chinese Democracy would be out this year, "in late Fall". ANY other "confirmation of release" before this has NOT been official, and definately has not been from the band or Axl himself.

Oh and VR are REALLY average, they don't really have much of an edge IMO, they sound so generic and most of Contraband just sonds like a rip off of It's So Easy.... There Was a Time by New GNR blew me away...

Guys.

Have a look on www.critical-solution.com, or www.chinese-democracy.com!

They(GNR)are starting an American/Canadian tour this week, so there HAS to be an official announcement of a single/album release within the next couple of weeks......!?

I'm gettin out of these forums now, cos too many people are talking utter B******S:mad:

How are people talking bóllocks?

US tour starts Tuesday.

• Advertisement

I wish people would quit making stupid guesses about the release date for the new album!!!! Some of them are just takin the piss!!!:mad: No one knows when the album's coming out.....except the band/management co.!!!

The US/Canada tour starts tomorrow, so let's wait n see what Axl does or doesn't say on stage........?

JC2K3, they played here in some year around then, i meant to say 2002, but maybe it was 2001 they played. It was the year they played Reading that year. My mate has the t-shirt from it(its the only way I know they played). So that was my mistake. Im not gonna complain if Contrband sounded like Its So Easy anyway, its my fav GNR song. I hope the album does come soon cos Im kinda curious now

Mushy wrote:
    JC2K3, they played here in some year around then, i meant to say 2002, but maybe it was 2001 they played.

Ok, maybe you mean Europe, but GNR never played Ireland in 2001. They only ever played Ireland 3 times, once in 2006 and once in 1992, and apparently they played in a small town in Antrim when their manager was getting married but I'm not 100% sure about this story....meant to ask one of the locals

GnR in Antrim??? B***s**t!!!!!???:rolleyes:

An announcement on any release dates should(hopefully)be made this week, cos as previously stated, the US tour starts....

the US tour starts....

tomorrow, which is excellent news for progress!;)

Yep! It is.......

He's gotta say something about a future release date.....? Don't think they'll release the thing without a prior announcement......?

Mushy wrote:
    JC2K3, they played here in some year around then, i meant to say 2002, but maybe it was 2001 they played. It was the year they played Reading that year. My mate has the t-shirt from it(its the only way I know they played). So that was my mistake. Im not gonna complain if Contrband sounded like Its So Easy anyway, its my fav GNR song. I hope the album does come soon cos Im kinda curious now
    They didn't play Reading, they played Leeds in 2002. And Pukkelpop in Belgium and a show in London the same year. They are the only 3 shows the 2001/2002 GNR played in Europe.

http://www.gnrontour.com/

And lets not bring VR into this any further, God forbid this topic turn into a childish bitchfest about who is/was more talented etc.

For those of you who haven't been up to date with the developments of Chinese Democracy over the past few months here's a summary:
    -There was no intention to release Chinese Democracy around 2001/2002 despite new songs being played on the tour. After the 2002 VMAs Axl said CD would not be out soon. Any rumours of a release were bullshít. The tour was scrapped for unknown reasons in mid 2002, possibly because of problems with Buckethead.
    -c. mid 2005 - early 2006 a number of Chinese Democracy Demos were leaked. AFAIK these demos were on a CD given to a small amount of industry insiders. The first leak was IRS, played on Eddie Trunk's radio show. Leaks of Better, There Was a Time and Catcher in the Rye followed.
    -Soon after the leaks a tour was announced by New GNR. Buckethead had left and therefore rumours of Slash rejoining started.(They turned out to be bullshít).
    -Axl is interviewed by Rolling Stone in Jan 2006: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9155514/axl_rose_breaks_his_silence/
    -On May 5th, just before the start of the tour, Axl gave an interview on Eddie Trunk's Radio Show and stated that Chinese Democracy would be out, "Fall, late fall, definetely this year!"
    -May 25th - July 30th ->Europeon Tour. All the leaked songs bar CITR are played as well as some new songs from 2001/2.
    -August 31st at VMAs - Axl says in an interview that album will definately be out this year.
    -Oct 2nd - http://www.gunsnroses.com FINALLY gets updated. Video of Europeon Tour on site.
    -Oct 5th - Rolling Stone reports that Chinese Democracy will be out on Nov 21st. Claim to have an inside source. GNR Management do not confrim this and some reports say Rolling Stone picked the wrong Tuesday (albums come out on Tuesday in the US). http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/10/05/holy-eff-chinese-democracy-finally-gets-a-release-date-maybe/
    -Oct 18th - Another Rolling Stone article, GNR manager says, “I don’t know that we will announce a release date, you just might walk into your record shop one Tuesday and find it there.” http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/10/18/exclusive-more-juicy-chinese-democracy-tidbits/
    -Oct 20th - It is reported that GNR licence music to Harley Davidson for adverts. The two tracks are Paradise City and Better. At first the commercial on their site has Better as the backing track but is quickly changed to Paradise City as someone jumped the gun. This is the first "official" release of music from Chinese Democracy and confirms Better as the first single.

And the US tour starts tomorrow. It's rumoured the Harely Davidson ad with Better may be officially out tomorrow also. We can only wait and see...

At LAST!!!:rolleyes: Somebody talks sense!!!! Jeez!!!

I'll be back on www.gunsnroses.com to check for any updates about the single/album.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    And lets not bring VR into this any further, God forbid this topic turn into a childish bitchfest about who is/was more talented etc.

Well, now you mention it.....no, ill restrain myself....ill restrain....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

JC2K3, fair enough, they didnt play here then. Now im just wondering about that t-shirt my mate has?

But anyway, thats good, tour starts today so. Im still unsure though whether he will announce anything. The whole "walk into a record shop and see it there" would be a great thing. Id nearly get lost trying to follow it all myself, lets hope in a month that its here

Advertisement