Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It makes you wonder how often this happens to people . Time and time again we see or read of , innocent people being released (if they're lucky) after spending half their lives in prison , just because the law officials want to stamp case solved on the files .

Who Killed Little Gregory was very sad .

Yep, and 2 more cleared yesterday. After what? 20 years !

Edit :30 years..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8518305/Judge-dismissed-charges-against-two-men-jailed-30-years-1985-Connecticut-murder.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Notdeco wrote: »

That's truly awful , it's frightening tbh how easy it seems to be for a person to be imprisoned wrongly .

I'm not sure of the name but The Innocence Files (I think!) on Netflix are worth a watch if you haven't seen it already .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Business of Drugs
    To understand the origins and true impact of the business of drugs, a former CIA analyst investigates the economics of six illicit substances.

Urzila Carlson: Overqualified Loser
    Stand-up comedian Urzila Carlson keeps the crowd roaring with her thoughts on recasting "The Biggest Loser," sex tape regrets and boxed wine hangovers.

We Are One
    Activists around the world fight injustice and drive social change in this documentary that follows their participation in the music video "Solidarité."

added

Derry girls season 2 has gone

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

peteeeed wrote: »
    Derry girls season 2 has gone
    Must be a record.. was only on there for like 5 days!

Basq wrote: »
    Must be a record.. was only on there for like 5 days!
    yep , 9th July

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I only got a notification on my phone yesterday telling me it was added! I suspect something around licenses has come up and it will pop up again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga - Nil pwah

The only saving grace is getting to look at Rachel McAdams for a couple of hours.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I only got a notification on my phone yesterday telling me it was added! I suspect something around licenses has come up and it will pop up again soon.

Netflix just posted on Twitter that they put it up before they were supposed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The Channel 4 player has all of Derry Girls for free without even needing to make an account btw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,290 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cursed.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but it arrives on Friday, all the episodes apparently.

It looks really good, a lot going on and Loki is in it, gotta love Loki.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Cursed.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but it arrives on Friday, all the episodes apparently.

It looks really good, a lot going on and Loki is in it, gotta love Loki.
    I think reviews are embargoed that's not always a good sign but fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I've been enjoying Never Have I Ever. Very funny and zips along at a good pace. The John McEnroe voiceover takes a bit of getting used to though.

24 Hours in A&E 2 seasons
    In one of Britain's busiest accident and emergency departments, the staff takes on medical trauma and high drama around the clock.

Body Fixers season 1
    A team of experts sets out to help everyday people with their beauty blunders and cosmetic woes.

Brüno
    Flamboyantly gay television reporter Bruno stirs up trouble with unsuspecting guests and large crowds through brutally frank interviews.

Buy It Now season 1
    Entrepreneurs must pitch their products to an audience of shoppers in hopes of securing an order from a national retailer in only 90 seconds.

Celebs Go Dating 4 seasons
    At the Celebrity Dating Agency, clients mingle with everyday singletons for a chance to find love with the non-famous

Crashing season 1(Phoebe Waller-Bridge)
    In exchange for low rent, a hodgepodge group of 20-something tenants set up residence as property guards in a disused hospital, where hilarity ensues.

Dark Desire (mexican)
    Married Alma spends a fateful weekend away from home that ignites passion, ends in tragedy and leads her to question the truth about those close to her.

Hotel Del Luna season 1 (Koreon)
    When he's invited to manage a hotel for dead souls, an elite hotelier gets to know the establishment's ancient owner and her strange world.

The Players (italian)
    From campy lies to sexy surprises, this collection of vignettes captures the follies of several men as they fumble with fidelity and relationships.

Skin Decision: Before and After season 1
    Skin and beauty expert Nurse Jamie and plastic surgeon Dr. Sheila Nazarian use the latest procedures to bring out their clients' best selves.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I just saw this on Netflix twitter, I know it annoyed some people when u stopped watching something and it remained in continue watching row, now you can remove it...

PSA: You can now remove a film or series from the Continue Watching row.
    On your mobile device, simply click the three dots below the title and select Remove From Row.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I finished stateless, an excellent show based on real-life events

only 6 episodes so won't keep you long

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone watching single wives club?

Very good, another reality dating show. The Aussies make some good dating shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone watching single wives club?

Very good, another reality dating show. The Aussies make some good dating shows.

I'll give it a go. Quite like the dating shows which is embarrassing. Loved too hot to handle and the love is blind one (US).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lisha wrote: »
    I just saw this on Netflix twitter, I know it annoyed some people when u stopped watching something and it remained in continue watching row, now you can remove it...

PSA: You can now remove a film or series from the Continue Watching row.
    On your mobile device, simply click the three dots below the title and select Remove From Row.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1283163648903376896?s=21

Any ideas how on a laptop/tv?

Got through the three episodes of Paula. An Irish/BBC production that goes a bit mad and pointless. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Heres a soppy one, maybe mentioned. I watched Ladies in Black a few days ago, even had a teary moment. Just thought it was delicate, elegant, poised and a bit of wholesome fun in these jaded times. Really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Heres a soppy one, maybe mentioned. I watched Ladies in Black a few days ago, even had a teary moment. Just thought it was delicate, elegant, poised and a bit of wholesome fun in these jaded times. Really liked it.

Loved it. Think I posted about it at the time but that's months ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Last film I watched on Netflix was Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga. Silly, and slow in places, but not too bad. Highlight was getting to see Husavik, really enjoyed that little village when I was in Iceland.

Tried watching the Jeffery Epstein documentary, too depressing and upsetting. Don't think I'll be rushing back to finish that one off.

Started watching American Vandal, a good premise for a show, it does get a bit old quickly however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

<3 American Vandal, I was surprised with how entertaining I found it after the initial novelty wears off. Really enjoyed the second season too. I'd have it as one of my favourite Netflix originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

peteeeed wrote: »
    24 Hours in A&E 2 seasons
    In one of Britain's busiest accident and emergency departments, the staff takes on medical trauma and high drama around the clock.

Body Fixers season 1
    A team of experts sets out to help everyday people with their beauty blunders and cosmetic woes.

Brüno
    Flamboyantly gay television reporter Bruno stirs up trouble with unsuspecting guests and large crowds through brutally frank interviews.

Buy It Now season 1
    Entrepreneurs must pitch their products to an audience of shoppers in hopes of securing an order from a national retailer in only 90 seconds.

Celebs Go Dating 4 seasons
    At the Celebrity Dating Agency, clients mingle with everyday singletons for a chance to find love with the non-famous

Crashing season 1(Phoebe Waller-Bridge)
    In exchange for low rent, a hodgepodge group of 20-something tenants set up residence as property guards in a disused hospital, where hilarity ensues.

Dark Desire (mexican)
    Married Alma spends a fateful weekend away from home that ignites passion, ends in tragedy and leads her to question the truth about those close to her.

Hotel Del Luna season 1 (Koreon)
    When he's invited to manage a hotel for dead souls, an elite hotelier gets to know the establishment's ancient owner and her strange world.

The Players (italian)
    From campy lies to sexy surprises, this collection of vignettes captures the follies of several men as they fumble with fidelity and relationships.

Skin Decision: Before and After season 1
    Skin and beauty expert Nurse Jamie and plastic surgeon Dr. Sheila Nazarian use the latest procedures to bring out their clients' best selves.

added
    Crashing is well worth a watch, it on all4 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So I guess Joseph Gordon Levitt's back from whatever brief acting hiatus he had going on; looks all right, though as always hard to tell with these "Netflix" films. Has the feel of a series as much as a film TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Watched Mickey Blue Eyes with Hugh Grant last night. Very funny.

pixelburp wrote: »
    So I guess Joseph Gordon Levitt's back from whatever brief acting hiatus he had going on; looks all right, though as always hard to tell with these "Netflix" films. Has the feel of a series as much as a film TBH.

The younger, cheaper and less offensive Mark Wahlberg lol

MILF
    In the south of France, three best friends in their 40s navigate loss and heartbreak while embarking on steamy affairs with much younger men.

Fatal Affair
    A lawyer is caught in a terrifying game of cat and mouse when a drink with an old friend escalates into an obsession that jeopardizes everyone she loves.

Indian Matchmaking season 1
    Matchmaker Sima Taparia guides clients in the U.S. and India in the arranged marriage process, offering an inside look at the custom in a modern era.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

gmisk wrote: »
    Crashing is well worth a watch, it on all4 as well

Looking forward to that actually, her stuff is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Any ideas how on a laptop/tv?

Got through the three episodes of Paula. An Irish/BBC production that goes a bit mad and pointless. :rolleyes:

On a laptop --> Account --> Profile and Parental Controls --> Your profile name --> Viewing Activity -->
    A list of all your watched programs will pop up. There's an option to 'hide from viewing history' for each program.

Advertisement