Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

All the NEO's are leased as well

I wonder do they still have the little metal plate in the cockpit giving info on the actual owner "this aircraft is leased from XXX Inc"
    I remember the A330s used to have that. (probably still do)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Tenger wrote: »
    I wonder do they still have the little metal plate in the cockpit giving info on the actual owner "this aircraft is leased from XXX Inc"
    I remember the A330s used to have that. (probably still do)

If they're leased aircraft then they'll definitely still have the metal ownership plate in the cockpit.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

Flights to ICN not starting until next monday now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Shamrockj wrote: »
    Flights to ICN not starting until next monday now it seems.

Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Nice, thought Delta had won that gig but good to see EI get another destination on the list while helping us all out.

Incidentally what's odd is Delta's previously canned ATL route is back in August and JFK is pushed back,there must of been some truth they got some form of PPE contract and decided to route it via ATL for logistical reasons or it's a total coincidence with timing etc? Beats me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Which A330 landed at Gander on 911?

Did the EI crews ever do any interviews or talk about the experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

It was the EI105 DUB/JFK

Probably one of the early -300's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

It was the EI105 DUB/JFK

Probably one of the early -300's

Ah here! No need to patronize me. That part was obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI-SHN, and many did internally :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

My housemate at the time was diverted in there. Got home a day or two later.
    She slept on the aircraft (the passengers were taken off)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Is ICN still going tomorrow or is it Monday now

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Is ICN still going tomorrow or is it Monday now

Commencing from Sunday;

EI9030 DUB1530-1100ICN* 333 EI-EAV
    EI9031 ICN1500-1930DUB 333 EI-EAV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Any update on EI loads since expanding the offering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Commencing from Sunday;

EI9030 DUB1530-1100ICN* 333 EI-EAV
    EI9031 ICN1500-1930DUB 333 EI-EAV

Change of plan?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »
    Change of plan?

Not sure but I heard tomorrow was the new start date

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

Looking like next wed fir PPE to Seoul
    Loads ex Dub to bucket and spade routes are poor
    Bad news really as demand impacted by confusion of GVT rules

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I am looking at flying to Faro on the 1st Aug should I expect the flights to run as a normal schedule. I see I can book them using the EI app.
    Just want some opinions if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I am looking at flying to Faro on the 1st Aug should I expect the flights to run as a normal schedule. I see I can book them using the EI app.
    Just want some opinions if possible.

As things stand the flight is planned to go ahead. What nobody can say is how the government approach to travel is going to change going forward and how that will affect airlines in Ireland.
    I would say the flight is most probably going to go ahead but whether you'll be facing a self isolation period on returning is anyone's guess.

As things stand the flight is planned to go ahead. What nobody can say is how the government approach to travel is going to change going forward and how that will affect airlines in Ireland.
    I would say the flight is most probably going to go ahead but whether you'll be facing a self isolation period on returning is anyone's guess.

Thanks for the reply I work from home anyway so self-isolation is not an issue.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I would say there are no guarantees. Too much could change. Government policy here, government policy in Spain, airlines making changes as a result of government policy and demand, etc.

I would recommend to use credit card for any bookings. And if booking hotels etc. to select the option where you don't pay up front, can easily cancel.

• Advertisement

bk wrote: »
    I would say there are no guarantees. Too much could change. Government policy here, government policy in Spain, airlines making changes as a result of government policy and demand, etc.

I would recommend to use credit card for any bookings. And if booking hotels etc. to select the option where you don't pay up front, can easily cancel.

Yes will book everything on credit card the flights are nearly covered with credit I have with EI already rest will go on a credit card. Same with hotels will not prepay in case anything happens.

ICN not happening tomorrow Wednesday was scheduled for 1120 off blocks in Dublin

It's been constantly pushed back, reasoning is not known to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Digging their own graves IMO, they won't/can't get any Gov help this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

roundymac wrote: »
    Digging their own graves IMO, they won't/can't get any Gov help this time around.

Digging their own graves or working for free, those are the choices apparantley.
    There will be government help, the airline industry is ruined for the next year at best, we are a island, like it or not its a fairly important part of the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

kona wrote: »
    Digging their own graves or working for free, those are the choices apparantley.
    There will be government help, the airline industry is ruined for the next year at best, we are a island, like it or not its a fairly important part of the economy.

Couldn’t agree more. All the people in this forum saying Ireland will be the only EU country not bailing out the airlines and that Aer Lingus isnt irish when Iberia and vueling got bailed out by Spain etc and that EI it shouldn’t get any help....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Kcormahs wrote: »
    Couldn’t agree more. All the people in this forum saying Ireland will be the only EU country not bailing out the airlines and that Aer Lingus isnt irish when Iberia and vueling got bailed out by Spain etc and that EI it shouldn’t get any help....

EI hasn't asked for any aid. They won't get any either unless they ask.

And Iberia/Vueling got commercial loans that are government guaranteed up to a max of 70%. That's not a bailout.

EI and FR haven't asked for any help
    Stobart and Cityjet have gone cap in hand for help, got none.

IB/Vueling got access to liquidity under commercial terms and any company offered access to a overdraft at lower rates than they are current paying will be signing up very quickly

It's going to be fun watching AF/KL/LH group as the government is now tied in and trying to get the level of efficiencies needed to compete won't happen. You won't see the Willie Walsh style aggressive surgery.

EI has survived since Bernie Cahill took over without handouts, survived 9/11, has survived despite sharing its home base with Ryanair and was one of the most profitable airlines in the world by passenger carried. That happened as it was forced to get with real world, AF has never lived in the real world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

EI and FR haven't asked for any help
    Stobart and Cityjet have gone cap in hand for help, got none.

IB/Vueling got access to liquidity under commercial terms and any company offered access to a overdraft at lower rates than they are current paying will be signing up very quickly

It's going to be fun watching AF/KL/LH group as the government is now tied in and trying to get the level of efficiencies needed to compete won't happen. You won't see the Willie Walsh style aggressive surgery.

EI has survived since Bernie Cahill took over without handouts, survived 9/11, has survived despite sharing its home base with Ryanair and was one of the most profitable airlines in the world by passenger carried. That happened as it was forced to get with real world, AF has never lived in the real world

Aer Lingus got help during the 9/11 which at the time much contributed to sustain voluntary packages reducing workforce on a voluntary basis. No one permanent was forced to leave as everyone who did took a package and this helped the airline restructuring. This time no package is being offered and they want to touch permanent staff (even after sacking all fixed term staff which in fairness they would have no legal right to stand and Thats Understandable)

You may say AF and Lufthansa are tied up etc, but facts are: they are all still there. They all still flying and increasing flights. Staff are being reduced on a voluntary basis / early retirement scheme, and they are treating it fairly.

At Aer Lingus, they are refusing to seek aid as they know the government in Ireland wouldnt give any. But also opting for making the staff take all the pains when during the profitability time Of millions for the last 5 years, this same staff shared zero of that same profit

Advertisement