Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Last Of Us 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You're about 66.5% complete

Edit was actually typing as Phantom was so we've obviously come to the same conclusion completnesswise

Being about 66.5% is an incredibly accurate percentage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

You're about 66.5% complete

Edit was actually typing as Phantom was so we've obviously come to the same conclusion completnesswise

I think they're closer to 62.39%

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Thanks everyone for the very exact answers :D

Although I am enjoying the game I had kind of hoped that I was further towards the end. It's getting very repetitve at this stage. I'm someone who explores every nook and cranny so I'm feeling quite fatigued while playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Although I am enjoying the game I had kind of hoped that I was further towards the end. It's getting very repetitve at this stage. I'm someone who explores every nook and cranny so I'm feeling quite fatigued while playing it

I definitely explored less during those sections but then I hit a few chapters later and didn't want it to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I accidentally managed to brick and bottle throw a bunch of clickers and runners onto a human patrol. So I just sat in a bush watching them take each other out thinking to myself this must be how Attenborough feels.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Glad I gave this one another chance. After being bukkaked with exposition in the intro and bored stupid once you get to Seattle it's been very well paced. Very much enjoying the gameplay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im a bit further ahead of you and glad its nearly over because tbh Im bored sh1tless! This is a dull game, all the reviews would have been 6/10 if it wasnt a sequel to one of the best games of all time. This new Abby character and her gender-confused (rolled my eyes when they shoehorned that in :rolleyes:) friend cant hold a candle to the spark between Ellie and Joel travelling together in the first one. It started well with the horses in the snow but now its just endless rooms and arenas to be cleared out by Abby, its so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Glad I gave this one another chance. After being bukkaked with exposition in the intro and bored stupid once you get to Seattle it's been very well paced. Very much enjoying the gameplay now.

Where abouts are ya?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Into day 2 now so loads to go. Probably will get fatigued of it of it's as long as people so but still enjoying the tense combat and stealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Damien360

Into day 2 now so loads to go. Probably will get fatigued of it of it's as long as people so but still enjoying the tense combat and stealth.

Probably shouldn’t say this. Which day 2 ? Long way to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Can someone let me know how much of the story I have left to complete (hours or %)

I am currently
    playing as Abby and I'm heading to the hospital with Lev to get supplies for Yara's surgery

I've just reached this part, I would've thought that I was further along than 65/70% it's took me 23 hours of game play so I figure I have easily have 10 plus hours left.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Probably shouldn’t say this. Which day 2 ? Long way to go

Oh I know. Just at day 3 now. First one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Played this all weekend, longer than planned and at the part where
    Abby just got to the hospital

I'm liking it. With a lot of games I check walkthroughs to see how far along I am, but haven't referenced 1 at all for this game.

I'm not sure what the outrage is about but if my understanding is correct, I agree. How dare they
    leave Pluto off the solar system in the museum?! Trying to push their beliefs!
    I can understand why people are up in arms with those decisions.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the outrage is about but if my understanding is correct, I agree. How dare they
    leave Pluto off the solar system in the museum?! Trying to push their beliefs!
    I can understand why people are up in arms with those decisions.

I'm sorry but I agree with all the gamergate people,
    Pluto hasn't yet cleared its orbit of debris and therefore is not a planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Its taken me a long time to get there, longer then I expected, so 50 % Id imagine but
    Finally gotten to start playing Abby.
    Aquarium scene was a brilliant piece of story telling/acting.
    The getting Nora was a very unsettling piece of Gaming.

Seriously enjoying it, get to play a few chunks here and there.
    I wonder am I the only person who got it on launch that has not finished it!! And its not because I didnt want to :D

I've not finished it either and got it close to launch. Was a busy week for PC games with Halo 3 and Death Stranding and I've also been playing FF13-2 and really enjoying it. Taking my time going between all these games.

Well I have to throw suspension of disbelief well out the window with this game.

Ellie and her mates are murdering an insane amount of people. so much so it's gotten silly.

I mean what happened in between TLOU and Part 2? Did they get ninja and SAS training in between and the entirety of Jackson are now ninja assassins? It's a wee bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I thought the global population would be much lower between the infected and infighting.
    So I was going into this expecting way less infected, but that they’d be really strong and far along like bloaters -the odd runner or stalker as fresh infected.

So when there were hundreds of hoards of them around it didn’t really make sense.

How annoying is it that you could be low on ammo and the bad guys seem to have infinite ammo but you kill them just before or after they run out

Game is starting to drag a bit. I got up to killing Vita girl. In normal game length terms for an action game I should be getting to the final stretch but I've hours to go and not even halfway there and the gameplay and encounters are varied enough. The stalkers are the only thing that's changed things up a little.

Also the game is very obviously doing the Resident Evil 4 thing of making you think you are low on supplies but making sure you never run out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I thought it was better implemented in the first one, in that the game always seemed to give you resources when you were running low, here they are just abundant, depending on the difficulty level.

Well it at least means I've plenty of little explosives gifts for the doggies to leave in my scent trail.

Never thought of that. Had them but never used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Just watched the credits roll . I have already left a couple of my impressions already on this thread but I can finally give my overall opinion on this game .

I have stated a few times in the past already but I was not a fan of the first game . Outside of its incredibly presented Cutscenes and well written story I did not find Last of us that grate of a game . Between its clunky controls , its level design and the constant repetitiveness of its gameplay loop ,really left an unsatisfying experience for me as a whole.

So when Last of us 2 was announced to get a sequel my first thoughts were whats the point ? the first game was wrapped up so well it didnt need a sequel to my eyes, but it could of left an interesting chance for the game to change things up and follow another set of characters in the same world.

But E3 came around with its 20 minute game presentation and while the game looked incredible visually I was back to being confused why Naughty Dog decide to continue with Ellie and Joel. to me there was a missed opportunity.

The controversy surrounding Last of us 2 characters and how the way they were behaving and the storyarc as a whole is the least of the game problems imho.
    the length of the game hurts it , 30 hours is way too long and I was feeling that after the 15 hour mark playing it .
    Going back to the same locations more than once felt like the devs were running out of ideas when it came to different locations
    there is only so many times you can make the aquarium interesting

The combat is actually kinda pathetic in alot of ways. The amount of money that went into this project and the development time I would of expected the game would not feel so prehistoric. it almost one to one the exact same as the first game outside of the dodge button and prone .

There also seems to be alot of false advertising with the build up leading up to the release date . I remember vividly Neil saying
    you dont have to kill the dog , but ellie kills owens dog in the Aquarium with no option not to

it was also suggested the game would have a big amount of upgrade features to weapons when in reality , there was not that much at all.

Overall I give the game a 6/10.

Sounds like you shouldn't have bothered if you didn't enjoy the first game.....

Also sounds like you played it just to air your opinion about it here.....what a waste

Sounds like you've your own preconceived notions that everyone must love what you think is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Sounds like you've your own preconceived notions that everyone must love what you think is great.

Where did I comment that t think it's a great game genius? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Barlett

About halfway through, as someone who values story in games, this is up there with the best. I'm only getting 3/4 hours in a week but can see how it would drag if you binge on it. It's one of the first games I've ever played where you definitely need to have played the first to appreciate the real impact of it. I'd find it difficult to pick a favourite between the two so far, but this is already into the top 5 games I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

This underpins just about every argument people have online

This underpins just about every argument people have online

I agree.

Unless it's people saying soulsbourne is bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Finished it last night and whilst I did enjoy it, I found it did drag on a bit. The whole farm bit was painful.

Advertisement