Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

There is a fella at work who keeps calling me by an abbreviated version of my name. Only he calls me that.
    I wish I knew the thought process whereby he figured this would be ok.
    I have that too. Except the 'guy' is the Managing Director/BossMan or whatever the boss is called these days.

My name is abbreviated normally. But yer man uses a different abbreviation that I have never used!! (A few years ago at a 'service dinner', he had been giving other lads that 'shoulder nudge' thing that certain people* do. He didn't attempt it with me. (Height difference).)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have that too. Except the 'guy' is the Managing Director/BossMan or whatever the boss is called these days.

My name is abbreviated normally. But yer man uses a different abbreviation that I have never used!! (A few years ago at a 'service dinner', he had been giving other lads that 'shoulder nudge' thing that certain people* do. He didn't attempt it with me. (Height difference).)

It's one step away from giving me a nick name!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The amount of people out shopping today was unreal. I planned to visit two shops to buy one thing I needed for the house, and one thing I wanted but wasn't urgent. Queued to get in the first shop and overheard the two ladies in front of me discussing what they "might" find. They didn't need ****ing anything - they were going in for a browse! Once in there, there was a family doing the same - very slowly moving through the shop, stopping to look at and handle everything!

The second shop had a ten person queue out the door. I didn't bother waiting...

^^^^^^^^^^

You're 'partially' TA'd at yourself so B :pac:

My TA
    TA'd at having to root around for ruddy mask as soon as I see bus coming; I don't like them, and they're not exactly 'user friendly' - a flimsy piece of synthetic material just held on by the ears, tis a bit awkward as hair and caps etc tend to get in way of putting the damn thing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Saw a woman today at a supermarket at the trolley sanitiser station gleefully and generously spraying her hands with the surface cleaner.
    Wait for the rash later, hun.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Saw a woman today at a supermarket at the trolley sanitiser station gleefully and generously spraying her hands with the surface cleaner.
    Wait for the rash later, hun.

I don't think she's the only one :o - withoujt the 'gleeful' part tho :D

My TA

Was thinking they were strange enough looking bottles for 'hand sanitising'
    purposes. No more :pac:

They don't exactly make it explicit though; 'money savin' kernts' . Likely tis cheaper stuff. I'm doubly :mad: over here :pac:

I don't think she's the only one :o - withoujt the 'gleeful' part tho :D

My TA

Was thinking they were strange enough looking bottles for 'hand sanitising'
    purposes. No more :pac:

They don't exactly make it explicit though; 'money savin' kernts' . Likely tis cheaper stuff. I'm doubly :mad: over here :pac:

I swear she was spray happy.
    Giggling away to herself, lashing it on, rubbing her hands enthusiastically.
    She obviously thought she was doing her part but little does she know. Vom..

Another on topic TA

I've been in places where they insist on using the hand sanitiser, and recently I had hardly gone 2 yards past it when bird behind counter "shrill - fully" reminds me of same :pac:

Have used that trolley/basket type stuff quite a few times on me hands in grocery shops and aint no one said a mumblin' word :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

TA'd that I rarely hear 'Anchorage' by Michelle Shocked on the radio. Used to hear it fairly regular.
    Maybe less than once a year now :( , as most likely very few stations play it. All because she went on a
    rant a while back. What about separating the 'Art from the Auteur', as I once heard mentioned on an episode of "the wire", so decided to chuck it on here in a bid to sound intelligent :D:D

It's a bloody great song too :mad:

It’s on The Brit Awards 1989 compilation. She keeps removing her own tracks from YouTube (uploaded by others)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Restaurants - we are now told they want the table back in 90 minutes of whatever. Fine but TA is keeping us waiting an excessively long time:
    1/ to take our order
    2/ to give us the bill

• Advertisement

It’s on The Brit Awards 1989 compilation. She keeps removing her own tracks from YouTube (uploaded by others)

And there was me thinking YouTube removed it :o

Restaurants - we are now told they want the table back in 90 minutes of whatever. Fine but TA is keeping us waiting an excessively long time:
    1/ to take our order
    2/ to give us the bill

I've only been out once since restaurants reopened.
    We were bang on time for our reservation but it took 45 minutes for the food to hit our table.
    I said to my company that if they come looking for the table back I'll be reminding them of why we're still there.
    They didn't anyway :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I don't know what a double dipper is and am concerned that I may be one :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dipping something into a sauce, taking a bite out of it and then dipping the remainder into it again. Grand if it's your own individual sauce, but from communal ones....

New Home wrote: »
    Dipping something into a sauce, taking a bite out of it and then dipping the remainder into it again. Grand if it's your own individual sauce, but from communal ones....

That's akin to back washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I double dip, but I have the decency to flip the item around so the un-bit side gets the second dip. Maybe that's not double dipping though...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I double dip, but I have the decency to flip the item around so the un-bit side gets the second dip. Maybe that's not double dipping though...

They get your skin cells rather than your saliva so!

TA the bloody weather, a week of sun would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭Be right back

The way hands get wrinkly as you get older! All this hand sanitizer doesn't help either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They get your skin cells rather than your saliva so!

I usually use this mad thing called a fork. Great yoke, keeps the hands clean. If I can't use a fork, I get enough dip on the first one and pile it into my gob.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I usually use this mad thing called a fork. Great yoke, keeps the hands clean. If I can't use a fork, I get enough dip on the first one and pile it into my gob.

I'll allow that, you'll be delighted to hear!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭maherhonda

The neverending wipe and and then the times come you have to shave your bum hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Somebody pass the mind bleach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

maherhonda wrote: »
    The neverending wipe and and then the times come you have to shave your bum hole.

You have it easy, it's worse for us men

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You have it easy, it's worse for us men

I'm lost again :pac: WTF are you talking about??

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Waking up with a coldsore and a sore throat. Feeling paranoid I've gotten covid 19 now. Bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

There is a fella at work who keeps calling me by an abbreviated version of my name. Only he calls me that.

Ah relax, Trigg :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is this because you keep calling him Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Ah relax, Trigg :p

*Head explodes
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Is this because you keep calling him Dave?

I am starting to deliberately mis-pronounce his name. My own mini act of defiance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

^^^^^^^^^^

You're 'partially' TA'd at yourself so B :pac:

:o

I'm aware that every time you hear someone complaining 'There was so many people at...', your immediate thought is : 'Well, why were you there?' - could be a TA in itself. There's a definite difference between shopping for something I need and something specific and going in for a browse though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My big toe is absolutely killing me. it feels like somebody is trying to cut it off just behind the nail. #prayfortoe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement