Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I will take these if they are still going. I have some Rapira blades to give away if anyone is interested as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

What’s regarded as the best electric shaver?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Dinarius wrote: »
    What’s regarded as the best electric shaver?

Thanks.

D.

Not sure what type of answer you'll get here as it's more cut throat and double-edge razors in here. My personal experience is to avoid Philips who had a bad reputation regarding their rechargeable batteries. My hair clippers are Remington which I find a good brand or check out Braun? You'll probably get more help from Amazon or Argos.co.uk reviews.

Alternately, some of us consider this the way to a superior shave:
    https://www.shaving.ie/products/luxury-safety-razor-starter-kit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

garo wrote: »
    I will take these if they are still going. I have some Rapira blades to give away if anyone is interested as well.

Would love those Rapira if still going spare...
    Greg

nephster wrote: »
    Would love those Rapira if still going spare...
    Greg

Send me a PM with your address or if in Dublin can meet in city centre.

• Advertisement

garo wrote: »
    Send me a PM with your address or if in Dublin can meet in city centre.
    Brilliant, PM sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Merkur 15C free to anyone who wants it. A harmless little razor giving a very gentle introduction to open-comb shaving. Also three bristle brushes. Doing a clear-out. PM me and I'll put any or all in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Michael G very kindly sent me on the Merkur 15c, together with three brushes.

The 15c was initially very mild, but having read about it in shaving fora online, I tried a shim in the razor as many others seem to have, and wow, what a shave - smooth, close, comfortable, this is my new daily razor! Thanks Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Not sure what type of answer you'll get here as it's more cut throat and double-edge razors in here. My personal experience is to avoid Philips who had a bad reputation regarding their rechargeable batteries. My hair clippers are Remington which I find a good brand or check out Braun? You'll probably get more help from Amazon or Argos.co.uk reviews.

Alternately, some of us consider this the way to a superior shave:
    https://www.shaving.ie/products/luxury-safety-razor-starter-kit.html

Tempted to give these a try, how many times can I expect to cut myself on first attempt? :)

Double edge shaving? If you are careful shouldn't be more than a small nick or two.
    1) Get a mild razor to start with - Edwin Jagger DE89 is highly recommended.
    2) Blades and razors are a personal choice so keep experimenting till you find something you like.
    3) Good prep is essential. Do you first shave after a shower.
    4) The trick is to keep the razor parallel to your cheek rather than perpendicular and then use almost no force at all. Let the blade glide cross your face.
    5) Watch this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/mantic59

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

I have a Muhle R89 Grande which I've only used a couple of times so it's like new.
    Will sell or swap for an Edwin Jagger DE89.

https://www.shaving.ie/products/muhle-r89-grande.html

EDIT: Also have a Merkur 23c for sale or trade.

https://www.shaving.ie/products/merkur-23c-safety-razor.html

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Bought new and used 4 times so its as new and in excellent condition and sterilised.
    €45

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1600/x3llq02/products/96/images/1905/merkur_futur__19081.1445423679.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

macadam wrote: »
    Bought new and used 4 times so its as new and in excellent condition and sterilised.
    €45

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1600/x3llq02/products/96/images/1905/merkur_futur__19081.1445423679.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

An excellent razor. I already got one off "Jurgen Klopp" earlier on this thread and can recommend it.

The smooth finish doesnt do it for me, I like knurled finish, it does give a great shave. I started on 1.5 and tried a 3 the next time for a very smooth shave with a feather blade.

Hi gang,
    If anyone wants to give the old mop the chop and go for a skinhead look I have some clippers up for grabs, free and gratis.

EDIT: and gone to their new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Hi Folks, I'm looking to see if I can get me hands on a Merkur vision 2000 for my Dad who had his Mekur and his Fatboy stolen recently along with some other adjustable and SE razors. I've managed to get replacement for most but would love to get my hands on a Vision (preferably with the box) for him as it was his daily razor.

I'm in Clondalkin in Dublin and can pay cash or can swap other razors I have. While helping building up a replacement collection I've gotten many duplicates so have razors to swap. Some of these would be New old stock. I've a new unused and boxed Schick adjustable injector razor, a new unused boxed PAL injectomatic razor , a new unused boxed Standard Schick injector razor. I've a couple of unboxed but very clean and good condition Gillette slim adjustable razors and Gillette super slim adjustables razors , sometimes referred to as Gillette Black Beauties.

If anybody has a Merkur Vision ands is looking to sell or swap please pm me.

Hi Folks, I'm looking to see if I can get me hands on a Merkur vision 2000 for my Dad who had his Mekur and his Fatboy stolen recently along with some other adjustable and SE razors. I've managed to get replacement for most but would love to get my hands on a Vision (preferably with the box) for him as it was his daily razor.

I'm in Clondalkin in Dublin and can pay cash or can swap other razors I have. While helping building up a replacement collection I've gotten many duplicates so have razors to swap. Some of these would be New old stock. I've a new unused and boxed Schick adjustable injector razor, a new unused boxed PAL injectomatic razor , a new unused boxed Standard Schick injector razor. I've a couple of unboxed but very clean and good condition Gillette slim adjustable razors and Gillette super slim adjustables razors , sometimes referred to as Gillette Black Beauties.

If anybody has a Merkur Vision ands is looking to sell or swap please pm me.

Merkur Futur any good to you €40

Merkur Futur any good to you €40

Thanks for the offer but not looking for one at the moment as I've got one :-) Satin Silver original 1980's version with the W.Germany manufacturer mark on it.

What finish is on yours ?

Thanks for the offer but not looking for one at the moment as I've got one :-) Satin Silver original 1980's version with the W.Germany manufacturer mark on it.

What finish is on yours ?
    Its Brushed Chrome, just dont like the smooth finish, I like a bit of rough!!

Okay thanks, I think it's the same finish as one I recently got.

• Advertisement

Anyone looking for some Personna Platinums? Have 130 sat in a box...
    Ideally would love to swap for some Russian blades (this thread has been very good to me on that front!), but if you are in Dublin 1/2/3/5/9 happy to pop a few boxes through your letterbox for nowt.

Hi Guys , I sourced a Merkur VISION from here previously.

Now looking to get some open comb and slant razors for my personal collection either as swap or to buy if the price is right. I currently have the wonderful Merkur 37C and the 15C which have been great for me, I also have a Fatip Grande but it's the original version 1 which is a bit of a beast :-) I'd be interested in the newer Fatip, razorock and Ikon slants.

Also looking for a Merkur 45 bakelite razor.

I've a number of vintage Gillette adjustable razors, Gillette TTO and non-gillette SE razors available to trade. In the Dublin 22 area.

@nephster are the personna blades the Israeli or German made ones ?

@nephster are the personna blades the Israeli or German made ones ?

Israeli Reds, I believe.
    This type:
    wp2afee582_05_06.jpg

Would be happy to send for cost of postage if you are interested.

Israeli Reds, I believe.
    This type:
    wp2afee582_05_06.jpg

Would be happy to send for cost of postage if you are interested.

Id be interested in trying a few of these.

Id be interested in trying a few of these.

Drop me a PM and we'll sort something out with a couple of packs :)

...and those Personnas gone to macadam :)

...and those Personnas gone to macadam :)

Cheers nephster, great blade and nice to meet you and your hat !!

Anyone interested in a Merkur Futur probably only used 6 times at most, never felt comfortable with it.
    Make me an offer..

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭RandomUsername

6 boxes of Derby Extra blades here free to good home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

This still going?

Amazon seems to have stopped shipping these outside the UK.

In physics we trust....

Advertisement