Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

hesker wrote: »
    What do you make of this then?

513792.jpg

Is that the Sky Expension? The 90s MTBs have so many innovative and collectable designs. I even saw a Tioga disk wheel on sale here a few years back. Yours?

In fairness, I know very little about them overall, but even the lowliest MTB of the era has a dice shape. Straight forks on the front for chepaer ones would make it even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Is that the Sky Expension? The 90s MTBs have so many innovative and collectable designs. I even saw a Tioga disk wheel on sale here a few years back. Yours?

In fairness, I know very little about them overall, but even the lowliest MTB of the era has a dice shape. Straight forks on the front for chepaer ones would make it even better.

Correct but not mine sadly. It belongs to a Dutch guy who posts on several bike forums. Front triangle is carbon and rear is alu. When new the spec on this would have set you back about €5K.
    I've never been into the MTB scene but when I saw this I spent quite a while scouring ebay for one all over Europe without luck. Quite rare I think.

On first glance I thought ffs specsavers for yee both but on second glance I'd happily sit on that. Definitely grows on you.

I think the angles on it are great. Seat tube matches forks. Top tube angle matches stem angle. It’s pretty classic of that era. Plus the tall seat post clinches it.

9405850343_fc757a8d62_b.jpg

• Advertisement

5989111038_74d624b7c5_z.jpg

c5b18d9c4b7b23eaadc6a27ff54608bf8d14e39b.jpg

2020-Pinarello-Maat-track-bike_integrated-aero-carbon-World-Cup-track-bike_Tokyo-2020-Olympics_Italian-national-track-team-studio-driveside.jpg

Bishop-Item-4-2.jpg?w=2000&quality=75

Outlaw-Teal-867.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Maybe a bit over the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Finnrocco wrote: »

A little toe rag would look at that and it'd disappear from underneath you mid pedal stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

The components and rims are actually gold plated, so the guy changes the wheels if hes going out for a spin!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Finnrocco wrote: »

It's fabulous I love it! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Maybe it doesn't belong here, or at least just yet as it's not quite finished and it's entirely subjective, but my new steed finally built up.

Tour de fer, with a not very touring bike like ultegra triple groupset.couldnt find a matching sten for seat post but will keep looking

Need to wrap bars, find good pannier racks, fit Dyno and stick on my brown/tan tyres

519750.jpg.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

brown (faux) leather bar tape, i guess?

I'm liking the plan for the tape and tyres.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

brown (faux) leather bar tape, i guess?

Yes. I have the tyres and tape already. I'm getting new wheels built, but might stick with these and put them in the croix de fer.

A brooks saddle down the line but the charge spoon is great for comfort

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've found my brooks B17 is lovely and comfy in the short term, but its width means it can be a little chafey when you're out for maybe two hours or more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Am not loving the flipped stem and spacers I am afraid, nor the chainset. But it's a lovely bike, and when it's done with the tanwall tyres, fleather tape, and racked up it will probably look lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Triple’s are under-rated, have a Campagnolo Athena on one of mine (an enigma) and love it, didn’t think Shimano we’re still offering them in Ultegra.

Nice bike btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

l2NgqxA.jpg
    shameless self plug, but very happy with how it has finally finished looking.......bar the crankset which i need to replace with something nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

fnHH5aJ--HGNcVhdkRlelBUI_vYZjFii234Vz-zBio7tiPE52IoYOVc1LgqjoOKKSGdHav2Tl0dhdsLTm87pQCJ5NHYVDclhj7EoBjgK8PE48In6H6KPfcwHU6zMQN6Msc9npK5D2MLqeS754YNjiwfusgunk9x92cbm4cNHILqAIhDRCtar6NeIYP-aNS2q6hPYrotnq-1D7AzTW5FPoMeB3fzeT-7snMHGJyIlQ6JBERSjA6IYD3BBaMwnuTiqTzwwTd6GnDd58Kt1K6J4n22S4CqigdMWPAlY2lVQXJsvc8EZwzyVObVl0rlmt48H54BOcvjGahFYmWz3EIbGh1BFX8Nr2bntbCmREOfqZKbBev_6pHzySE4ZjRLeWIlONz_ZTswLhWxDjucUXevL8YOwKE5zAms8i7Bv0QEjC4clf6J6yEe-NhtMnmoXWoLx0BkTy4wPog8tbrTINUy-6KiOXAZW-99lHzOtKyuFuutIf-yUFu7tUqRTsA67qCHDeGNGF7m8QeCk0mCkNnqYMKKVwTYb5myzCGyQFC_AW376gIPSAcAJtBerGHSZd-Lvf99GoGmkp8CNdcj0GUP3eau4oWNPrxcY-pLSCCak4FSMB2_t81dYSOmTU3opo4ngmBqO0Yln2RPQSpbOEcmac380Nl65CO_t-FQkjQ_bYo3Jb34LLIx2AhryqTeOig=w2661-h1995-no?authuser=0

shameless self plug, but very happy with how it has finally finished looking.......bar the crankset which i need to replace with something nicer

photo not working for me

sorry, any good now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Yeah it's there now. What's the frame manufacturer?

fat bloke wrote: »
    Yeah it's there now. What's the frame manufacturer?

Its a china frame from velobuild, had it for around 2 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

IMG-20190420-172947.jpg
    upload pic[/IMG]

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I admire the fact that you have colour coordinated your electrical wiring to the bike, top marks for going aove and beyond.

• Advertisement

colour co-ordinated chain also!

Advertisement