Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Query

Options
  • 13-07-2020 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I’m looking for information on installing Saorview and Freeview - have had Virgin TV the last two years, overpriced rubbish.

Based in Co. Meath, in a new build. Have no aerial, house under 2 years (Virgin TV did not require it.

Lots of info here, just wondering if someone had any advice on best way to go about it - don’t mind looking for someone to install, etc.

Apologies if this has been asked loads of time before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,478 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Best option would be to contact a local installer to see if UK Freeview is available at your location via a combined Saorview/Freeview aerial setup from a transmitter from NI.

If not, a separate Saorview aerial will be required for the Irish channels and a satellite dish for the UK channels via a Freesat or FTA satellite receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

I got a combi sat dish and Saorview aerial installed, works a treat. The aerial is attached to the dish bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

RadioRetro wrote: »
    I got a combi sat dish and Saorview aerial installed, works a treat. The aerial is attached to the dish bracket.

Thanks for that - can I ask how much that roughly cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

chases0102 wrote: »
    Thanks for that - can I ask how much that roughly cost?

€160.

• Advertisement
Advertisement