Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

showpony1 wrote: »
    The UK takes over Dublin shirt is on WWE Euroshop now

any link?
    Cant see it atm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oooh, buy 1 t-shirt, get 1 t-shirt for £1. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I do think wearing a t shirt that says "UK Takeover Dublin" will look as well as an orange sash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭kksaints

I do think wearing a t shirt that says "UK Takeover Dublin" will look as well as an orange sash

It would go well with the new Linfield jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

i assume at the actual show they might have a few irish inspired designs with more green etc.
    prob doesn't bode well those shirts being on shopzone now in june.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ordered a hoddie off euroshop 2 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived

I'll keep an eye closer to the event, they might have a few new designs up for it. Always cheaper to buy online than at the venue

i assume at the actual show they might have a few irish inspired designs with more green etc.
    prob doesn't bode well those shirts being on shopzone now in june.

The shirts were probably ready to go for April, I imagine we’ll hear sooner rather than later

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The shirts were probably ready to go for April, I imagine we’ll hear sooner rather than later

that was my point that they are selling them off now instead of hanging onto them for October.

But at same time you can always get the Wrestlemania shirts weeks before the show online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was reading that yesterday but couldn't remember of sportskeeda was a reliable source.
    It is believable though. I can't see NXT UK being a big money maker

This event is cursed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its a pity for the talent who didnt do anything wrong.

The event wasnt going ahead anyway in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

I still have my ticket for Michael Jackson's This Is It in London's The 02. I didn't bother with a refund as I considered my ticket a piece of memorabilia for a much talked about show that never happened.

When Takeover Dublin is cancelled, I might do the same with my ticket for that show too. Although, I will need to explain to my other half why I am amassing a collection of cancelled tickets for shows by sexual deviants.

I just hope she doesn't find my Drawing with Rolf Harris Annuals which I keep in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

sirmanga wrote: »
    I still have my ticket for Michael Jackson's This Is It in London's The 02. I didn't bother with a refund as I considered my ticket a piece of memorabilia for a much talked about show that never happened.

When Takeover Dublin is cancelled, I might do the same with my ticket for that show too. Although, I will need to explain to my other half why I am amassing a collection of cancelled tickets for shows by sexual deviants.

I just hope she doesn't find my Drawing with Rolf Harris Annuals which I keep in the attic.

Pretty sure they don't ask for the ticket back so get your money AND have your memorabilia. Don't ever give Ticketbastard more than you have to!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

sirmanga wrote: »

those tickets were f*king crazy money - I had one myself, but I was a poor college student so the news of his death had just broke and I was on to ticketmaster :pac:

those tickets were f*king crazy money - I had one myself, but I was a poor college student so the news of his death had just broke and I was on to ticketmaster :pac:

Ah yeah I say been dead was deff a concrete sign of the gig not going ahead

Apparently big NXT UK news coming out today

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I say been dead was deff a concrete sign of the gig not going ahead

Apparently big NXT UK news coming out today

Im betting its abolition.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sounds like the name of a PPV. NXT UK Takeover Abolition

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im betting its abolition.

They can’t close it
    Bt contract won’t allow and they confirmed already there is No plans to

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They can’t close it
    Bt contract won’t allow and they confirmed already there is No plans to

Im not going to pretend I know what contract WWE has with BT, but Im sure BT wouldnt care whats cancelled, once new content replaces it.

Sure I doubt NXT UK is a ratings winner for BT. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I'm glad that I didn't bother buying a ticket, there is not much star power on NXT UK brand.

NXT UK always felt like a rushed job to counteract with WOS on ITV which never gained much attraction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm glad that I didn't bother buying a ticket, there is not much star power on NXT UK brand.

NXT UK always felt like a rushed job to counteract with WOS on ITV which never gained much attraction.

I never bought my ticket for the star power. Being honest, I've never even watched an episode.

I bought my ticket because...

1. We've NEVER had a taped WWE show in Ireland, and it would have been a spectacle to see it. From a production standpoint, I wanted to see the stage setup, the camera crew and all that side of things.

2. I think the crowd would have been electric, because (again) we've never had the taped show. Having been to the NXT house show a few years back, having been to the odd OTT show, I think there would have been a fantastic atmosphere there, regardless of a big star or not.

It would have been great to see Finn vs Walter or Bate. I think that would have had the crowd absolutely bouncing.

But I think there could have been two absolute no name jobbers, and the crowd would have been up for it.

Slim chance but the ppv could happen at some point

They could start back tv tapings before the end the year and then have a ppv Jan/feb 2021 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

I've said it all along since the days before Scrappermania was cancelled, neither that show nor Takeover will happen and I maintain that to be true, just swap Scrappermania for the 6th Anniversary show.

I've said it all along since the days before Scrappermania was cancelled, neither that show nor Takeover will happen and I maintain that to be true, just swap Scrappermania for the 6th Anniversary show.

also neither OTT or NXT UK have a roster anymore after #speakout

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

also neither OTT or NXT UK have a roster anymore after #speakout

Still have Kings of the North, Club Tropicana, Martina and Barry Nasty! Who else do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Still have Kings of the North, Club Tropicana, Martina and Barry Nasty! Who else do you need?

Justy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Wompa1 wrote: »

KOTN and Tropicana? Come on man.

Advertisement