Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 hour suncream

• 28-06-2020 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi. Our creche has set a new condition regarding sun cream. Staff can no longer reapply cream during the day so we've been asked to apply 8 hour suncream every morning. I didn't know there was such a thing.. Our daughter has excema so as is we need to use certain creams like la Roche posey. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

73trix wrote: »
    Hi. Our creche has set a new condition regarding sun cream. Staff can no longer reapply cream during the day so we've been asked to apply 8 hour suncream every morning. I didn't know there was such a thing.. Our daughter has excema so as is we need to use certain creams like la Roche posey. Any suggestions?

The P20 sunscreen is always highly recommended. Im pretty sure that lasts ages! Don’t know about using it on sensitive skin etc tho

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Bobbins

73trix wrote: »

I think Boots Soltan range do an 8 hour one but I remember reading some review that mentioned it wasn't a greatness pick for sensitive skin types. I have used p20 in the past and that is a once a day application but it stinks so badly it put me off using it!

Will your child be in crèche for the whole day? I think I'd cover head to toe with light clothes/sunhat with built in UV protection and apply la Roche posay before I drop them in. Tell the staff that you would prefer she is kept in the shade as much as possible whilst outside which I'm sure they would be doing anyway? It's a tricky one. if they are assisting with toileting/nappy changes you would imagine the risk would be the same and ppe would offer the same protection for those tasks?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Bobbins

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

I think you should see Soltan's Once Sun Protection range. They offer 8 hours of protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kanlurk

I have sensitive skin and had a very bad reaction to P20 before. If you called in to your local pharmacy, would they perhaps have testers so you could do a small patch test of what they recommend on your child?. My local chemist has testers for quite a few products, including Roche Posay but not sure about other sunscreens. I hope you find something suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Kanlurk wrote: »
    I have sensitive skin and had a very bad reaction to P20 before. If you called in to your local pharmacy, would they perhaps have testers so you could do a small patch test of what they recommend on your child?. My local chemist has testers for quite a few products, including Roche Posay but not sure about other sunscreens. I hope you find something suitable.

Called into 3 local pharmacies. No suggestions and said suncream should be reapplied. The point is that the crèche won't do it anymore so no help regarding suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Kanlurk wrote: »

Called into 3 local pharmacies. No suggestions and said suncream should be reapplied. The point is that the crèche won't do it anymore so no help regarding suggestions

Advertisement