Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straight razor getting started

• 02-07-2020 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

I got a really nice straight razor for Christmas and I'm slowly getting the hang of it but I need to sharpen it. any advice to get started? Do I just need a strip or do I need stropping paste too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

muddle84 wrote: »
    I got a really nice straight razor for Christmas and I'm slowly getting the hang of it but I need to sharpen it. any advice to get started? Do I just need a strip or do I need stropping paste too?

No idea to be honest, there might be a few posters here though from Facial Hair and Hats might be able to help out.

I’d love to try one myself for the craic but I’d likely slice myself to ribbons, barber I go to does a grand job though :o

Advertisement