Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now ye're talking - to an electric car driver

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,801 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

youngblood wrote: »
    Today newbie when it comes to electric cars, say I'm visiting a friend/relative down the country from charge points, can I bring a plug and charge there? Is it that frowned upon with electric Cost, running cable from house etc?

Yes it's called a "granny cable" and goes into any ordinary socket. If they don't have an outdoor socket you'd have to run the cable through a window. Cost would be roughly 50c per hour on standard rate electricity.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Yes it's called a "granny cable" and goes into any ordinary socket. If they don't have an outdoor socket you'd have to run the cable through a window. Cost would be roughly 50c per hour on standard rate electricity.

Thank you!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I guess the battery died :pac:

I'll check in with the OP and see if it's done or if he has time to come back and reply to the last few posts. Thanks for the reminder, youngblood.

Ok unfortunately it's time to close this one up. Thanks for the questions and answers all.

If anyone wants to talk further about electric cars or hybrids, we have a dedicated forum with a very knowledgeable bunch of regulars here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1634

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement