Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Journalist holding Trump's feet to the fire

• 23-03-2020 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

This is what passes for rigid journalistic oversight in the US now. A "journalist" from the One America Network, an unashamed Trumpist propaganda organ, puts it up to the president re COVID 19, or as they like to call it China Virus.

Transcript here, followed by video clip if you can be bothered to sit through it.
    Does the American public acutally buy into this rubbish? How dumb are they?

Transcript

OAN Reporter: Mr President, thank you. I have two questions.

Trump: O-A-N

OAN Reporter (breathless): Yes Sir

Trump: Very good. Thank you very much. They treat me very nicely. Go ahead.
    OAN Reporter: I have two questions. Do you consider the term “Chinese Food” racist?

Trump: No

OAN Reporter: Because it’s food that originates in China. Or it has Chinese…

Trump: I don’t think it’s racist.

OAN Reporter: And on that note, major left-wing news media even in this room, have teamed up with Chinese Communist Party narratives, and they claim you are racist for making these claims about Chinese virus. Is it alarming that major media players just oppose you, are consistently siding with foreign state propaganda, Islamic radicals and Latin gangs and cartels and they work right here at the White House with direct access to you and your team?

Trump: It amazes me when I read the things that I read….because I know the truth and people out there in the world really don’t know the truth. They don’t know what it is. ……Blah Blah Blah. .. New York Times.. Washington Post….blah blah .It’s fake news. It’s corrupt news…..When they write a story they never call me. It’s totally fake. …..

OAN Reporter: They’re siding with state propaganda

Trump: Well I think they do. They’re siding with China. If we had an honest media in this country it would be an even greater place.

Advertisement