Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

ok - let me give the buyer a shout and see if he's still interested. i wouldnt mind getting a deal done today

Np. Dropping the Ocean one to Pablo later so I can swing by Rush on my way home. Might be a bit later as I've a good bit of running around to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭micks_address

oxocube wrote: »
    Np. Dropping the Ocean one to Pablo later so I can swing by Rush on my way home. Might be a bit later as I've a good bit of running around to do!

my buyer is still on for tomorrow evening. If anything changes ill let you know!
    Cheers,
    Mick

my buyer is still on for tomorrow evening. If anything changes ill let you know!
    Cheers,
    Mick

Np. Let me know.

Did he take the watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭micks_address

Did he take the watch?

Yes sorry it's gone

• Advertisement

Yes sorry it's gone

:(

Anyone selling an Steinhart ocean vintage GMT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Sure feck it dude, it's Christmas, buy yourself a new one for 500 quid. If you like them that much then you'll have it years, and if not then they can obviously be sold in a jiffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There are quite a few up on eBay at the mo, including a pepsi if that's your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Getting a new G-Shock so the old one is going if anyone is interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/19425884

• Advertisement

I feel like Delboy here. Regulars on the watch forum get a discount

http://www.adverts.ie/19440621

Anybody got any experience selling on Chrono24? Their commission is 6,5%.

Any thoughts or insights?

FdP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Anybody got any experience selling on Chrono24? Their commission is 6,5%.

Any thoughts or insights?

FdP

I had a watch on C24 before, it didn't sell and of the two enquiries I received in 3 months, one was a phishing attempt.

I didn't like that I was tied into keeping the watch on the platform for the 3 months and that if I sold it elsewhere, I would have to pay C24 a fee. Don't think I'd use it again to sell.

Well, it was worth asking the question there - I didn't know any of that. A shame you didn't have a great experience, but glad you let me know.

Thanks for the heads up.

FdP
    eljono wrote: »
    I had a watch on C24 before, it didn't sell and of the two enquiries I received in 3 months, one was a phishing attempt.

I didn't like that I was tied into keeping the watch on the platform for the 3 months and that if I sold it elsewhere, I would have to pay C24 a fee. Don't think I'd use it again to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Cienciano wrote: »
    I feel like Delboy here. Regular on the watch for get a discount

http://www.adverts.ie/19440621

That's pretty lovely. Can't at the moment alas. Would you be interested in a swap?

I recently got a Shinola Runwell serviced, battery replace.

Have a look. It's a quartz though. Sorry, will have to add picture later.

Here's the same colourway and below is more info on the model.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/megachance/item/9267410111296/

https://www.shinola.ie/therunwell47-leather-watch-65287.html

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Just found out this watch existed.
    Anyone have a casio mtd 1010 to sell?

Birneybau wrote: »
    That's pretty lovely. Can't at the moment alas. Would you be interested in a swap?

I recently got a Shinola Runwell serviced, battery replace.

Have a look. It's a quartz though. Sorry, will have to add picture later.

Here's the same colourway and below is more info on the model.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/megachance/item/9267410111296/

https://www.shinola.ie/therunwell47-leather-watch-65287.html

Very nice, but I'm aiming for a cocktail time. I'm also going to sell a Luch because I discovered I can't ever have a watch without a date display

• Registered Users Posts: 64,684 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Putting up my Parnis for sale, it's a Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 BLNR "Batman" homage

Worn a few hours, pretty much brand new

MzU4MTI1ODJjZmQyNTU1YmEyYzhlMTZhNDgzMDE1OWLEU9FpdXscXMt7cOXaCT45aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDU0OGVkYTdkMGYyNjYwYzUwYzczMDA0ZDkzNGZjOTg1YzEwODJmNTI4YjE1ZGY1N2FjNWEzZDkwNTgxN2UxMi5qcGd8fHx8fHwyMTl4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Cienciano wrote: »
    Very nice, but I'm aiming for a cocktail time. I'm also going to sell a Luch because I discovered I can't ever have a watch without a date display
    I've got a Cocktail Time from last May that is barely used and I'd sell it for 20% under what I bought it for including box etc. I like it but need to free up some space for something new that I want, and have two dress watches that I wear less than I thought I would.

Problem is I live abroad so I'd need to post it or could deliver sometime around February - can get you photos next week if interested.

unkel wrote: »
    Putting up my Parnis for sale, it's a Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 BLNR "Batman" homage

Worn a few hours, pretty much brand new

[

Linky

It's a lovely homage Unkel, but IMO you are overpriced for it.

Can be picked up via Ali or DHgate for @68 delivered and that's without any discount coupons or TCB applied.

GLWS in any case

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    It's a lovely homage Unkel, but IMO you are overpriced for it.

Can be picked up via Ali or DHgate for @68 delivered and that's without any discount coupons or TCB applied.

That seems very cheap. Link?

Even at €68 delivered, if caught for customs (more often than not these days), that's another 23% * €68 + €14 admin charge, so €98

Plus people want things now, not wait 4-7 weeks. I recently bid €10 on a second hand charger that I would have to spend an hour to go pick it up, where the same charger can be had for €5 including shipping from eBay if you don't mind getting it sometime next year

And as always, adverts.ie prices have some margin built in. It's just an asking price. Make me an offer that I can not refuse ;)

giphy.gif

That seems very cheap. Link?

Even at €68 delivered, if caught for customs (more often than not these days), that's another 23% * €68 + €14 admin charge, so €98

Plus people want things now, not wait 4-7 weeks. I recently bid €10 on a second hand charger that I would have to spend an hour to go pick it up, where the same charger can be had for €5 including shipping from eBay if you don't mind getting it sometime next year

And as always, adverts.ie prices have some margin built in. It's just an asking price. Make me an offer that I can not refuse ;)

giphy.gif

While it may be a starting point, starting with an asking price 20% above the currently and widely available retail mark won't do any favours.

The official Parnis store on Ali has it priced at €74.53 with free delivery.
    https://a.aliexpress.com/BhTWFEq4

Other Ali stores have it as low as €54.

Even on eBay it's available from multiple stores in and around the €67 mark brand new.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F121975520606

Like I said, GLWS you seem to be able to justify your price and fair play if you get it.

IMHO, its overpriced and using potential customs or convenience wouldn't swing a sale for me, or anyone who had even a passing interest Parnis.
    It's a well made piece, but it's available new from multiple channels well below your asking price, many of those alternate channels LSO offer discount vouchers or cashback too.

Your watch is nice, but it's not offering any value to a 2nd hand buyer.

Fair enough, although the watches you link to are all unbranded, so probably dodgy to sell on adverts. My own ad got pulled, but got re-instated again when I pointed out to the adverts moderators that it is an homage watch, clearly branded as a Parnis watch on the dial, not a clone or a fake (which is against the rules)

Anyway, I'll take the best offer I can get. Currently at €55, already higher than the €54 you are mentioning (but have no link for) ;)

€ 56,48 20%OFF | 40mm PARNIS preto dial luminosa safira moldura de cerâmica GMT relógio dos homens automáticos de Luxo Da Marca Top relógio Mecân
    https://a.aliexpress.com/KGGpgEJA

My apologies, it was 56.

If you feel that the "Parnis" cachet carries extra value again good luck to you.

Edit: here's the one for 54, can be supplied with a Parnis dial on request after chatting to seller.
    Plenty more in and around that price available too ;)

€ 54,30 | New men's military GMT automatic watch 40mm sterile blue black ring sapphire crystal date movement 6217
    https://a.aliexpress.com/5EXVUBDO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

Fair enough, although the watches you link to are all unbranded, so probably dodgy to sell on adverts. My own ad got pulled, but got re-instated again when I pointed out to the adverts moderators that it is an homage watch, clearly branded as a Parnis watch on the dial, not a clone or a fake (which is against the rules)

Anyway, I'll take the best offer I can get. Currently at €55, already higher than the €54 you are mentioning (but have no link for) ;)

Wasn’t me that nuked it anyway :confused:

Homer wrote: »
    Wasn’t me that nuked it anyway :confused:

Nor despite the way it might seem from Unkel and I's exchange was it me that reported it.

Nothing at all wrong with Homage and Parnis in particular imo.

I've got a Cocktail Time from last May that is barely used and I'd sell it for 20% under what I bought it for including box etc. I like it but need to free up some space for something new that I want, and have two dress watches that I wear less than I thought I would.

Problem is I live abroad so I'd need to post it or could deliver sometime around February - can get you photos next week if interested.
    I'm not in a position to buy just yet, but put up some photos. I had a lot of interest on adverts for mine and it's not as desirable as a cocktail time

Edit: here's the one for 54, can be supplied with a Parnis dial on request after chatting to seller.
    Plenty more in and around that price available too ;)

€ 54,30 | New men's military GMT automatic watch 40mm sterile blue black ring sapphire crystal date movement 6217
    https://a.aliexpress.com/5EXVUBDO

Damn, that is cheap, well found!

Asian watch brands like Parnis can be a bit of a minefield. A $50 Aliexpress Parnis GMT is not necessarily the same as a $80 Aliexpress Parnis GMT. From first glance you might assume both stores sell the same thing and therefore one is clearly better value but it is not always the case. You can have different movements, different clasps, entirely different manufacturers. The sterile Parnis are said to be not the same as the branded ones.

You'll hear it said (on WUS etc) that such and such storefront has the 'best' Parnis, or that such and such store are cheap because they sell factory seconds and so forth.

I know that's not entirely helpful.

• Advertisement

That is quite helpful, teotwawki. I suspected that the unbranded (cheaper) watches were from different factories.

All I can say is that mine seems very well made. And I can pretty much omit the "for a cheap Chinese watch". Anyone interested in buying mine can of course come and have a look first (and bring a massive magnifying glass if needed :D) and only buy if they are 100% happy.

Advertisement