Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing house sale - gifts?

• 20-08-2019 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

After closing a house sale, do people usually get thank you cards and/or gifts for their solicitor and mortgage advisor/broker?
    Also, would you leave a gift for the purchaser of the property you're selling? I remember we were left a bottle of wine which I thought was a nice touch. I'm thinking I'd like to do the same for our purchaser.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

No and no. If you want to leave something, do, but its not normal

Solicitor gets paid, broker gets commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

We left our purchaser a gift, and the sellers of our new house left us a gift too.
    I decided against gifts for solicitors and mortgage advisor, especially for the solicitor who caused me a huge amount of panic and stress the day before closing.

Advertisement