Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Woman Loses Job for Holding Gender Critical Opinions.

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Professor Simone Buitendjik is a physician from the Netherlands. In her career she has researched perinatal epidemiology, fetal and infant health, undertaken studies that transformed ideas about the safety of home births and standards for midwifery, researched IVF pregnancies, and she has consistently fought for gender equality in academia. In 2016 she became the Vice Provost of the Imperial College in London which is the 8th ranked University in the world, and third in the UK after Oxford and Cambridge.

She has had to issue an abject letter of apology for liking tweets that basically called for greater debate and questioned the science of transgenderism. Or rather she partook in what is now known as ''transphobia''. Another woman on the edge of catastrophe for gender critical opinions.
    Most of the vice-provost’s social media activity relates to promoting women in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields, opposition to sexism and misogyny and support for LGBT+ rights and related events such as LGBT+ History Month.

But a closer look at the content she engaged with revealed a certain hostility to trans rights activism.

This is one of the Professor's ''transphobic'' tweets
    “As a feminist, M.D. and child health researcher, I find the notion of sex being fluid and gender being biological, engrained and dichotomous deeply troubling. That does not contradict that as VP Education I should protect trans students’ rights. We need respectful debate.”

From my perspective she is absolutely scientifically correct to query the notion of sex being fluid but gender being biological. Because it is a lie.
    Nonetheless students gathered and wrote a letter complaining about this woman, and got their pound of flesh.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/05/17/imperial-college-london-vice-provost-apologises-for-anti-trans-content/amp/

Zorya wrote:
    From my perspective she is absolutely scientifically correct to query the notion of sex being fluid but gender being biological. Because it is a lie. Nonetheless students gathered and wrote a letter complaining about this woman, and got their pound of flesh.

****ing disgusting. Agree with us or we will ruin your life. How progressive!

This is becoming more and more common. I'm absolute sickened by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

The irony being a third year (male) science(science ffs!!) student attempting to take out a senior (female) scientist, and especially one who has supported diversity from the highest levels all her career. For daring to wrongthink.

I think the spotty little trouble-making sh!te should have been kicked up and down the yard in answer to his letter of complaint, but then again maybe that's why I am not very successful career-wise. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Especially when it's someone from the medical community.

A bunch of clueless liberal students who never worked a day in their lives with mindless idealism. Maybe she should add a question to an exam paper on it, and fail students who don't agree with her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement