Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

fafy wrote: »
    If you don’t have a Loyalty Code, can tou stilk buy tickets on Saturday, at the higher prices ?

Of is the Saturday sale restricted to Loyalty Codes only ?

Saturday will be loyalty code and should be early bird too

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

After 4 years in general camping I think I’m going to splash out on pink moon for myself and the other half next year. It’ll be his first picnic and my fifth :)

Has anyone stayed in a 2 man rainbow tipi? Is it as spacious as they claim? I’ve camped in a 4 man tent with 2 rooms on my own the last two years and it’s perfect. Don’t like the idea of downsizing so much that there won’t be room for everything and having to pay through the nose for it!

Also, probably a bit of a silly question, but can you access the general campsite if you’re in pink moon? I know you can’t access pink moon if you’re in general, but not sure if it works the same the other way around.

Thanks all !

Snarky Snark Snark

After 4 years in general camping I think I’m going to splash out on pink moon for myself and the other half next year. It’ll be his first picnic and my fifth :)

Has anyone stayed in a 2 man rainbow tipi? Is it as spacious as they claim? I’ve camped in a 4 man tent with 2 rooms on my own the last two years and it’s perfect. Don’t like the idea of downsizing so much that there won’t be room for everything and having to pay through the nose for it!

Also, probably a bit of a silly question, but can you access the general campsite if you’re in pink moon? I know you can’t access pink moon if you’re in general, but not sure if it works the same the other way around.

Thanks all !

Tipis are large enough tbf and yes, anyone can access general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭fafy

Campervan and Caravan tickets now listed on Ticketmaster, but strangely, not anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Thanks all !

The Tipi's are quite large, bit awkward with the pole in the middle but there is enough room for double mattress, two backpacks and a large pile of dirty clothes slung a corner...I've used them three times. Have decided to not do so again. It more than doubles the initial outlay (€330 for tipi alone this year).

And you get very little for it, we did not use the showers this year:eek:, some neighbors were ok, plenty weren't and the place was manky. I'll take my chances in Eco from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

Afte

Thanks all !

Weve done two 2 man Tipi, they're nothing compared to a larger tent imo. We brought our 5man to Eco this year and it was like luxury being able to walk around, have separate room etc. It would be hard to go back to the smaller tent again

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

They really need to give us a break man. Having to fork out for this again just a week later is a bit much especially if you want to do Pink Moon. There's no reason why this cant be done in October or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Any idea how much the early bird tickets will be

Whats the main advantages of Eco Campsite ? Apart from the obvious - keeping things clean & green.

And is it easy to get tickets, and i assume there is no extra charge ?

Is Eco confined to Eco campers, or can anyone wander in there ?

Just getting a feel for it, as its got a lot if positive reactions on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

hope80 wrote: »
    Thinking of trying to get a campervan ticket for next year, whats that area like to stay in?

Depends on your campervan.

It so much better than general camping and now that freetown is there, it's not too bad a walk from the main arena at all.

However, this year they did away with one of the sets of toilets that are normally in the campervan area and now that Joplic was a lot busier, a lot of general campers use the campervan toilets. They were by far the worst toilets on site this year.

If you have a loo in the campervan it's not that big a deal but otherwise it's horrible.

There were a few people who left their pitch in a complete mess this year, which was dissapointing as camervans is normally quite clean - there's no excuse since you walk by many bins to go into the arena and you have a vehicle to take your rubbish away with you.

We own a campervan so it's a no brainer as the €100 between a few mates is nothing but if you're looking at forking out an additional few hundred euro to rent one, Id' be 50:50 vs pink moon.

• Advertisement

whelzer wrote: »
    It more than doubles the initial outlay (€330 for tipi alone this year).

Was thinking the same, but €330 for 2 tickets (excl booking fee however), and €330 for accom isn’t too bad IMO. Main reason for wanting to go pink moon is that it’s only the two of us next year, and I barely had the head for putting the tent up this year never mind taking it down with a hangover on Monday :( small prices to pay for a bitta peace at night and less to carry!

Thanks everyone for the input!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Kepler21

Whats the main advantages of Eco Campsite ? Apart from the obvious - keeping things clean & green.

And is it easy to get tickets, and i assume there is no extra charge ?

Is Eco confined to Eco campers, or can anyone wander in there ?

Just getting a feel for it, as its got a lot if positive reactions on here.

There is security at the entrance, so you can't get in unless you have signed up for it. Also means your stuff is safer.
    You do sign up to bring everything with you and leave nothing behind. There are those Nifty Bins there, so you bin stuff as you go, and its not really extra work. You don't have to be a big ECO head to be there, you just have to abide by the rules.

It tends to be decent people, relatively quiet, and the huge advantage of knowing you're not living in a pigsty.

There aren't that many food stalls inside; there was a Vegan Sandwich place and an honour coffee system, but food available outside near the Freetown Arena entrance. Loos were provided by Loowatts at a charge, and if you don't go for that, its quite a walk to the toilets in Wilde or Chaplin.

Kepler21 wrote: »
    There is security at the entrance, so you can't get in unless you have signed up for it. Also means your stuff is safer.
    You do sign up to bring everything with you and leave nothing behind. There are those Nifty Bins there, so you bin stuff as you go, and its not really extra work. You don't have to be a big ECO head to be there, you just have to abide by the rules.

It tends to be decent people, relatively quiet, and the huge advantage of knowing you're not living in a pigsty.

There aren't that many food stalls inside; there was a Vegan Sandwich place and an honour coffee system, but food available outside near the Freetown Arena entrance. Loos were provided by Loowatts at a charge, and if you don't go for that, its quite a walk to the toilets in Wilde or Chaplin.

Thanks, great info, only issue here is toilets. so if you decide to pay for the toilet, how much is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 carneal

hi is there showers in ECO.. the cost of buying early bird tickets plus pink moon is abit heavy on the cashflow atm plus i thought pink moon at times was abit of a mess ..

carneal wrote: »
    hi is there showers in ECO.. the cost of buying early bird tickets plus pink moon is abit heavy on the cashflow atm plus i thought pink moon at times was abit of a mess ..

PM was dodgy in parts alright, but that was down to the people here not the organisers, the amount of Crap some of my neighbours left behind was unreal, chairs, mattresses, but the showers and toilets are good there, and cleaned regularly. Seemed to be good security also.

One advantage i saw myself, but didn’t see it on here. Is the cafe area, there was that massive tent, handy during showers, plus, you could use the cafe covered area as well. Bring your own drinks or foodin there, no issues.
    On Sunday, we exited the arena about 5.30 adter we bought food at that burger/ tesco outlet, just by PM entrance, and had it in the cafe area, i thought that was really handy. Taking the odd break from the arena is welcome at times, and being able to sit down in comfortable chairs even better.

Snarky Snark Snark

PM was dodgy in parts alright, but that was down to the people here not the organisers, the amount of Crap some of my neighbours left behind was unreal, chairs, mattresses

There's always scumbags in the nice things, which is why we cannot have more nice things.

Most in Pink Moon were clean as whistles, but there was at least one patch in each row in the two mans which were left like a fly tipping demon had just rocked up and jizzed all over the place.

There's always scumbags in the nice things, which is why we cannot have more nice things.

Most in Pink Moon were clean as whistles, but there was at least one patch in each row in the two mans which were left like a fly tipping demon had just rocked up and jizzed all over the place.

True, it was 90 odd % free of litter i’d say.

Does anyone know how to keep the beer cold until Sunday, apart from the long trudge into tesco onsite, and q up for ages, I suppose i should have strolled into Shanbally for an ice run.

True, it was 90 odd % free of litter i’d say.

Does anyone know how to keep the beer cold until Sunday, apart from the long trudge into tesco onsite, and q up for ages, I suppose i should have strolled into Shanbally for an ice run.

We borrowed a cooler box for the weekend and put chilled cans and mixers into the box before leaving Dublin. Over the weekend We kept a layer of relatively cold ones at the bottom so that when you put new ones in, they chilled after a while of being in with the already chilled ones if that makes sense. At night because it was chilly enough, leaving your drink on the floor of the tent kept them cool as well

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Does anyone know the likelihood of getting a ticket if you show up to ticketmaster in person with wristbands on Saturday morning? And are your chances any better doing it this way versus trying online? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 carneal

that was our third year staying here ,we are oldies/newbies to EP, but we had an absolute brillant time.. yes i dont get the reason people leave their crap behind ,we had a bed thats now in the bin but managed to drag it to red car park walk from hell on a hungover monday.. PM has its advantages all right and everyone we met was friendly and up for a chat ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Thanks, great info, only issue here is toilets. so if you decide to pay for the toilet, how much is it ?

The Eco Loowatt weekend pass was €20 if you bought it once you got there. It was cheaper if bought in advance. Also had the option of paying per use, it was either €2 or €3. There was a Loowatt in Warhol too but prices were different and the Warhol Loowatt had a styling area.
    carneal wrote: »

No showers in Eco!

Snarky Snark Snark

Does anyone know the likelihood of getting a ticket if you show up to ticketmaster in person with wristbands on Saturday morning? And are your chances any better doing it this way versus trying online? Thanks.

From the ticketmaster link in post #1

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/ticket-info/how-claim-your-loyalty-ticket-discount-code

IF ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ELECTRIC PICNIC TICKET PURCHASES WERE FROM TICKETMASTER KIOSKS:
    If you have purchased any or all of your previous Electric Picnic tickets from a Ticketmaster Kiosk, then you will need to return to any Ticketmaster Kiosk with valid proof of purchase when tickets go on sale to redeem a loyalty code. A list of Ticketmaster outlets is available here.

Valid proof of purchase includes:

Electric Picnic ticket receipts
    Previous Electric Picnic wristbands
    Bank statements indicating an Electric Picnic ticket purchase

BUT

Validity of proof is at the discretion of Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Just went to register but it's closed. Didn't realise it would close before midnight.

Ah it says it on the EP tickets info page. Should have checked before today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

sadie9 wrote: »
    Anyone know can I bring my email with Loyalty Code to a Ticketmaster outlet? I made 3 Ticketmaster purchases but only have 2 physical bands?
    Last year got Loyalty Code but in spite of trying to buy tickets on the internet with two laptops and a phone, I could not get any tickets before they were sold out.

I don't think they really care at the outlets. They don't have to pass on any proof to Ticketmaster and will give you the 3 Picnics ticket quite easily. That's been the feedback on these threads for the past two years. I've always bought online but may use the local TM outlet on Saturday if I again fail to get my proper code in time.

This Laois TM outlet, limiting to two tickets max oer person, seems to be 4 per oerson online, for the Early Bird Tickets, and the normal 2 max for Loyalty tickets.

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/electric-picnic/475358/new-electric-picnic-2020-ticket-limit-at-laois-ticketmaster-outlet.html

Has pricing been released yet ?

Last year - first ticket sale pricing(excl TM Fees)

Early Bird (no previous picnics) €205
    Loyalty 1 or 2 picnics €185
    Loyalty 3 or more picnics €165

I could see the prices going up, by €5 to €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Kepler21

tvercetti wrote: »
    The Eco Loowatt weekend pass was €20 if you bought it once you got there. It was cheaper if bought in advance. Also had the option of paying per use, it was either €2 or €3. There was a Loowatt in Warhol too but prices were different and the Warhol Loowatt had a styling area.

No showers in Eco!

The lack of showers to me were the only downside to ECO. The only 'public' showers are in Hendrix, and it was about a 30 minute walk from ECO to get to them. It would be wonderful if they put in showers on the ECO side but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them

The lack of showers to me were the only downside to ECO. The only 'public' showers are in Hendrix, and it was about a 30 minute walk from ECO to get to them. It would be wonderful if they put in showers on the ECO side but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them

Ya, thats a complete no-no for me, need to shower each morning. I used those Hendrix showers before when in campervan at two picnics - and it wasn’t very pleasant to be honest.

I’l stay with PM again next year, it was quite good this year for first visit in there, all things considered.

Apreciate all the info and advice though, to make a more informed decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

On the showers and PM / boutique options....

If your group can pitch together and get yourselves a caravan (preferably with a working shower, toilet and fridge) it works out a good bit cheaper over 3 or 4 years and a lot more comfortable than any camping options. I paid under 4k for my little van and have used it for 10 festivals over the last 3 years. I plan to get at least another 3 years out of it and probably sell it on for over 2k easily.

If you split the cost among a few friends for a 4 berth, it will pay for itself quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭nc6000

Ya, thats a complete no-no for me, need to shower each morning. I used those Hendrix showers before when in campervan at two picnics - and it wasn’t very pleasant to be honest.

I’l stay with PM again next year, it was quite good this year for first visit in there, all things considered.

Apreciate all the info and advice though, to make a more informed decision.

It would be great if they had showers in a second location other than Hendrix. I've used them at least once for each of the last three EPs but this year was the worst. They weren't sponsored by Nivea so there weren't any bottles of shower gel etc in the showers. You either had to have brought your own or buy whatever they had on sale there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Or you can just have your breath taken away by using the cold water shower heads they have in eco. I had a bracing cold shower on Saturday morning. Better than just the wet wipes on their tod. I wasn’t going to trek down to Hendrix for a hot shower.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement