Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-12-2019, 14:00   #211
SozBbz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildly Boaring View Post
Nothing at all to do with the EA

They are glorified car salesmen

They get a listing up and find a buyer
They then pretend to try to speed things up while speaking out of both sides of their mouth to the two parties.

Solicitors do all the work - slowly
Slightly unfair and biased post there.

I bought agian recently. I found the EA I dealt with very knowledgeable and she actually assisted us wiht a problem that arose around closing.

The value of a good EA is who they know. In our case, our bank wanted to go back to the valuer for some unknown reason and he'd been non responsive. I mentioned this to the EA and she happened to know the person in question, that he'd recently taken up a new job. She contacted him and got him to move things along, and within half a day the issue was resolved. This is after a week of us/our solicitor and broker chasing the bank.

Don't get me wrong, I know she wasnt working for us but we had the same aim - we all wanted the sale to go through and she did genuinely help.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-12-2019, 18:08   #212
Piper101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlessienne View Post
Any luck with closing?

I'm nearly 18 weeks sale agreed and no contact from anyone or updates since week 12. The probate was supposedly due to be sorted 6 weeks ago but there's been radio silence since then. Still no contracts issued. Waiting for the EA to get back to me now again. At this stage I feel like pulling out completely as I'm sick of being in the dark. On the other hand I haven't seen any other properties that interest me.
This happened to us...forced their hand. They had no intention of actually selling. Wasted 12 weeks of house searching and mortgage approval.

Gone sale agreed for a second time.

Give them an ultimatum, some contact/update or you're pulling your offer.
17-12-2019, 23:35   #213
Underground

Lol - I'm less than four weeks sale agreed and was getting worried about lack of progress on the vendor's side, then I read this thread and now feel like an absolute idiot. Live and learn!
Thanks from:
19-12-2019, 07:05   #214
Corruptedmorals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground View Post
Lol - I'm less than four weeks sale agreed and was getting worried about lack of progress on the vendor's side, then I read this thread and now feel like an absolute idiot. Live and learn!
Lol, thankfully the sales in this thread are the exception not the rule. I'd say you are running into Christmas/January annual leave season for progress but hopefully you get contracts soon. Waiting around is not nice in any sale.

Our sale has just changed a bit, we have to try close it from a different angle now but everything is set up properly so not worried just a bit frustrated that Christmas is basically an added delay. We also have to balance the 30 day extension to loan of offer with re application next month. It will all be worth it in the end.
19-12-2019, 13:19   #215
ontheditch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildly Boaring View Post
Nothing at all to do with the EA

They are glorified car salesmen

They get a listing up and find a buyer
They then pretend to try to speed things up while speaking out of both sides of their mouth to the two parties.

Solicitors do all the work - slowly
Agree very much with this.

Mortgage drawdown yesterday, so hoping to get the hands on the keys before Christmas (hopeful, I know).

The whole process has been a pain, from start to finish.

I believe the whole process of buying/selling is crap and leads to unnecessary anxiety/stress, for everyone involved.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
19-12-2019, 17:18   #216
Fia11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheditch2 View Post
Agree very much with this.

Mortgage drawdown yesterday, so hoping to get the hands on the keys before Christmas (hopeful, I know).

The whole process has been a pain, from start to finish.

I believe the whole process of buying/selling is crap and leads to unnecessary anxiety/stress, for everyone involved.
Hopeful, but possible! We got keys 2 days after drawdown.
21-12-2019, 09:08   #217
trigger26

Close to signing and hopefully in end of January, there was a hold with the bank saying they sent out mortgage pack x 2 but they enver arrived, in the end I went in and collected the pack and hand delivered to my solicitor.

Patch of land at back of house that no one owns so that still to be sorted but at this stage I dont care about that bit, solicitor said hold back 5K till thats sorted which could take years. This year has felt like years, we've had 3 sale agreeds only for 2 to fall through and now so close!
21-12-2019, 09:18   #218
Sueffun

That's a nice Christmas present.
If you dont mind me asking why did two of your sale agree houses fall through and was it after quite a time.
I'm 12 weeks sale agreed and heard nothing from anyone. I have to plan everything to the day as we are moving over from South Africa, so at the moment I can't organise the container, cats or our house in SA.
It's going to be frustrating if it falls through, I can't just pop over and find another house.
21-12-2019, 10:30   #219
scarepanda

We will be sale agreed 12 weeks on the 6th of January and it's been radio silence since then from the vendors. I had to chase the EA to get the letter with everyone's details issued, the vendors went off on holidays without giving them their solicitor details.

Our solicitor has been trying to make contact with theirs for the last few weeks, but when it got so close to Christmas we didn't want to be packing up and moving with the kids etc. So come the 6th of January we will be starting up put pressure on the EA to get the vendors moving. We are very very close to pulling the plug ourselves but like another poster we haven't seen any other properties, so we're not sure what's the best way to go about things.

If it does arise that they don't actually want to sell, is there any way for us to recoup our costs from getting the place surveyed etc?
Advertisement
22-12-2019, 01:29   #220
Wildly Boaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarepanda View Post

If it does arise that they don't actually want to sell, is there any way for us to recoup our costs from getting the place surveyed etc?
No
Thanks from:
22-12-2019, 07:34   #221
scarepanda

Figured as much, but worth asking. The whole process really is to the favour of the vendor.
22-12-2019, 21:05   #222
kippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarepanda View Post
Figured as much, but worth asking. The whole process really is to the favour of the vendor.
Ya think so?
23-12-2019, 19:10   #223
trigger26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueffun View Post
That's a nice Christmas present.
If you dont mind me asking why did two of your sale agree houses fall through and was it after quite a time.
I'm 12 weeks sale agreed and heard nothing from anyone. I have to plan everything to the day as we are moving over from South Africa, so at the moment I can't organise the container, cats or our house in SA.
It's going to be frustrating if it falls through, I can't just pop over and find another house.
First one they couldn’t find deed after 3 months of waiting, 2nd one the house had problems with sewage system, would have needed planning and circa 10k to sort
Thanks from:
23-12-2019, 23:02   #224
ontheditch2

Went sale agreed end of January.
No progress and started looking again in June. Decided to withdraw offer.
Went sale agreed on 2nd house in August.
Between issues on our side and theirs, got the keys today.
Hopefully, won't have to go through this process ever again.
Thanks from:
26-12-2019, 19:34   #225
stevek93

Took me two months after sale agreed to keys in hand mortgage not cash.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion