Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

SK1979 wrote: »
    Anyone picked up a case for their p30 pro yet? Was on Amazon earlier and annoyingly all the Spigen cases won't deliver here. Sending to parcel Motel is just adding more expense...

Ebay seems to be even more expensive with more money on shipping. What one are you looking at? I had the slim armour before, really hard wearing and great fit, but slightly bulky. I'd rather a see through one for the P30. Might just fork out for parcel wizard, it's only €3.50 in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's a free sonas with the 3 ones think you need to order by Thursday online or in a shop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Cienciano wrote: »
    But I'm a human, not an excel spreadsheet. :pac:

Time to upgrade then - it the only unambiguous way of writing a date down in English speaking world - it is the same in Europe, US, Ozi and India. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Ebay seems to be even more expensive with more money on shipping. What one are you looking at? I had the slim armour before, really hard wearing and great fit, but slightly bulky. I'd rather a see through one for the P30. Might just fork out for parcel wizard, it's only €3.50 in the grand scheme of things.

Huawei has released a wireless charging case for the P30..not sure where you order it though

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/03/27/huawei-releases-wireless-charging-case-for-the-huawei-p30/

I'm going for the pro, and tbh, I've a wireless charger for my current phone and I never use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

SK1979 wrote:
    Anyone picked up a case for their p30 pro yet? Was on Amazon earlier and annoyingly all the Spigen cases won't deliver here. Sending to parcel Motel is just adding more expense...

At the moment they are doing 30 percent off Spigen cases so technically Parcel motel is free

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

I got that email from three about a delay but it also says....Please Note-If you have purchased a pre-order device, please delete this email- your pre-ordered device will be shipped by its advertised release date.

Looks like delivery is on schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I haven't gotten any email. No idea why I'm not but you guys are

MarkY91 wrote: »

Are you with three? Everyone seems to be getting different emails, I wouldn’t be to worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lfcfan2017

I got an email from 3 a couple of days after preorder saying there was a delay completing my order but that if it was a preorder to ignore the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MarkY91 wrote: »

Are you with three? Everyone seems to be getting different emails, I wouldn’t be to worried.

Yeah. Haven't heard from them since the email right after paying for it. you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The devices will be shipped on Thursday for delivery Friday. Ignore all other emails about stock etc.

We should pretend we all got dispatched emails just to fúck with MarkY91

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

grogi wrote: »
    Don't. Get the phone delivered, and if you don't like it, you have two weeks to return it no questions asked.

so if you order this from three you would need to open it and try it with another sim to confirm its unlocked...can you still return it then or does it have to be unopened for the 14 day change of mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Scruff wrote: »
    so if you order this from three you would need to open it and try it with another sim to confirm its unlocked...can you still return it then or does it have to be unopened for the 14 day change of mind?

Yes you can still return it...you'll have to cover the cost of postage back to them though.

Be warned it's a painful process! Took me almost 6 weeks to get a refund with multiple customer care advisers giving out conflicting info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Pacifico wrote: »
    Yes you can still return it...you'll have to cover the cost of postage back to them though.

Be warned it's a painful process! Took me almost 6 weeks to get a refund with multiple customer care advisers giving out conflicting info.

good to know. Cant just return it to a three shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Scruff wrote:
    good to know. Cant just return it to a three shop?

Nope ! Basically when you buy online you can't see or feel the physical phone so you can say it's too big or heavy etc. However in a shop you can mess with a dummy or maybe even a live unit. So hence you can return an online purchase but not an in-store one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

ianob7 wrote: »
    Nope ! Basically when you buy online you can't see or feel the physical phone so you can say it's too big or heavy etc. However in a shop you can mess with a dummy or maybe even a live unit. So hence you can return an online purchase but not an in-store one

The question was if the online purchase can be returned to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

grogi wrote:

Good shout ! Should really read these posts more clearly.

Apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

grogi wrote: »

Nope have to be posted to their online sales department...they make it as difficult as possible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

If the Three version comes locked how much would it cost to unlock it in one of the repair shops around the country, that or to purchase a code online, roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Just received delivery of my P30 this morning, was expecting it tomorrow, can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

rosmoke wrote: »
    Just received delivery of my P30 this morning, was expecting it tomorrow, can't complain.

Let us know first impressions etc when you have a chance to mess around with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding backing up all data from an unrooted and locked HTC to a P30 Pro? please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Was the phone locked or sim free?

Nice one, who was the delivery company?

EDIT: I see it's An Post, I got a dispatched email today, should probably arrive tomorrow then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Three use An Post. Can be tracked online on An Post site using the order number.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lfcfan2017

Got my Spigen P30 Pro case today, no phone though. Much narrower profile than my current Mate 9. About the same height.. More screen less phone I suppose :-=

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Just messing lads haha, I only got an email saying it was dispached today, hopefully tomorrow we get it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just messing lads haha, I only got an email saying it was dispached today, hopefully tomorrow we get it :)

:D

Checked out the dummy phone on lunchtime, it's a nice size. Really like the white colour.

Advertisement