Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

cjragoo wrote: »
    I honestly can't tell the difference between 720p and 1440p.. am I just blind?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

cjragoo wrote: »
    I see a lot of comments that this thing is underwhelming because of the 1080p screen so I decided to mess around with the resolution on my S9+ and I honestly can't tell the difference between 720p and 1440p.. am I just blind?

I never notice the difference neither. I don't even notice it on my 43" TV nevermind a 5" phone

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Ordered the p30 pro on Thurs really looking forward to getting my hands on it, but I was wondering if it is dual SIM, there's nothing on the three website about it, but if it is dual SIM would the phone have to be unlocked. We are going to America in the 3 weeks and I have a US sim I was hoping to use it in the p30

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Think I'm going for the P30 pro instead of the s10. I've had 3 samsungs in a row and want a change. You need to preorder before the 4th. Anyone know when you actually would get the phone?

fennor72 wrote: »
    Ordered the p30 pro on Thurs really looking forward to getting my hands on it, but I was wondering if it is dual SIM, there's nothing on the three website about it, but if it is dual SIM would the phone have to be unlocked. We are going to America in the 3 weeks and I have a US sim I was hoping to use it in the p30

I'd like an answer to this too.

In a little worried going from s9 to p30 pro..the size difference is HUGE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Cienciano wrote: »
    Think I'm going for the P30 pro instead of the s10. I've had 3 samsungs in a row and want a change. You need to preorder before the 4th. Anyone know when you actually would get the phone?

Release date is 5th

Good chance of being unlocked, highly unlikely to be dual sim.

dan786 wrote: »
    Release date is 5th

Ok. A Friday. Do they send them out for that day or would it be Tuesday/Wednesday the next week when you get it? Reason I ask is for getting rid of the old phone

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lfcfan2017

Can anyone recommend a screen protector for the P30 Pro? Glass or film, doesn't matter as long as there's full coverage.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Ok. A Friday. Do they send them out for that day or would it be Tuesday/Wednesday the next week when you get it? Reason I ask is for getting rid of the old phone

Depends where you order. Generally they are shipped Thursday to be delivered Friday if order before a certain time.

For example with Three, if ordered before 2pm Thursday it will be delivered Friday.

• Advertisement

Depends where you order. Generally they are shipped Thursday to be delivered Friday if order before a certain time.

For example with Three, if ordered before 2pm Thursday it will be delivered Friday.

Nice, I'll order today then. And get the gs8 up for sale

Good chance of being unlocked, highly unlikely to be dual sim.

No dual sim..hmm..I'll be canceling my pre order so. I Really need a dual SIM :(

That's unfortunate, but some features are dealbreakers.

I've preordered today, funny, till a few days ago I was definitely getting a galaxy s10. Sonos looks great too

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Everywhere says P30 and P30 Pro have dual sim. Second slot is Hybrid, meaning you could go for their proprietary storage card or 2nd sim.

rosmoke wrote: »
    Everywhere says P30 and P30 Pro have dual sim. Second slot is Hybrid, meaning you could go for their proprietary storage card or 2nd sim.

I'll give three a call tomorrow about the dual SIM.

And yeah some features are a deal breaker. I'm really hesitant with the pro as it's got no headphone jack. I have to convert eventually as headphone jacks are becoming less and less so I'll just give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'd nearly go for the P20 Pro Mate over the P30 because of resolution.

Interestingly neither have stereo speakers. Not sure how much that impacts sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Anywhere that I could preorder and get the watch GT instead of the sonos?

Maybe it's just me but I find them smart speakers to be completely needless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ant indication of when a P30 Pro Mate may come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

py2006 wrote: »

Mate 30 Pro? It's usually a couple of months after the P Series with some tweaks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Keith186

FatRat wrote: »
    Anywhere that I could preorder and get the watch GT instead of the sonos?

Maybe it's just me but I find them smart speakers to be completely needless.

Someone linked it above already. More expensive though than three...

https://www.amazon.es/Huawei-P30-Pro-Smartphone-Octa-Core/dp/B07PVK42Z4/ref=mp_s_a_1_5

Add watch separately.

• Advertisement

Three lvie chat confirmed that it is a dual SIM

MarkY91 wrote: »

Nice, back in the club :cool:

No headphone jack is the only problem, but I've moved to Bluetooth ones in January

MarkY91 wrote:

Three live have just told me it's a locked single sim phone, they double checked when I questioned it

py2006 wrote: »

Mate 30 PRO. October.

MarkY91 wrote: »

They lied. Firstly someone sitting in India wouldnt know, secondly they never tell you its dual sim. They will always say locked and single sim no matter what.

Example being the S10 series. All were dual sim unlocked but every carrier when asked said single sim and locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

How can it be single sim if the phone it's produced only dual sim?

rosmoke wrote: »
    How can it be single sim if the phone it's produced only dual sim?

Are you referring to P30? If so you are wrong.

ELE-L09 - Single sim P30 Pro which will be sold by carriers.
    ELE-L29 - Dual Sim P30 Pro

All S10 were dual sim and unlocked by default but carriers still told customers that they are locked and single sim. I was the first to confirm that they were all dual sim and factory unlocked by default. Refer to S10 forum for that.

That's mad. So what's going on? A guessing game until they arrive?

"Hi Mark ! welcome back to messenger. I'm Deepak , I'll take a look at this for you. You'll get the exact detail when the phone gets launches because on the website it states Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM. You can wait."

Just asked the guy again if it's dual or single SIM. Don't think he knows what he's talking about FFS.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote:
    That's mad. So what's going on? A guessing game until they arrive?

It looks like it. I don't know what to do now, no earphone jack, no stereo speakers I can live with but the dual SIM would have been handy to have, it's been a very disappointing launch. I was even hoping the watch would be part of the opening offer, but instead we get a speaker that I have no interest in but will be a pain in the ass to sell because adverts will be saturated with them in a few weeks.

Advertisement