Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: What do you believe happened Madeleine
Abductor had been watching and came in the open door 385 48.92%
She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo) 51 6.48%
The parents did it 79 10.04%
Accident happened, parents hid body 251 31.89%
Something Else 21 2.67%
Voters: 787. You may not vote on this poll

25-10-2018, 14:18   #31
jacdaniel2014

There wasn't a great deal of evidence in this case, but the evidence that there was all pointed to the parents. The theory that she died in the apartment and the parents covered it up is the most believable and somewhat backed up by evidence. The dogs signalled ONLY in the McCanns apartment and car. Background checks were done and nobody ever died in that apartment before. They washed her cuddle toy and bedsheets. Their statements each contradicted each other. Their behaviour in general and reluctance to do a reenactment was odd. The window didn't open from the outside, Kate's DNA was found on the window.

When Kate first noticed her missing, she yelled "They've taken her". Strange assumption to make when your child has just gone missing

Why the McCanns keep the case alive publically and why Scotland Yard don't seem to suspect them in any way is truly baffling though.

Ultimately, there is not enough evidence to proceed with this case.
Advertisement
25-10-2018, 14:25   #32

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nCfPFx5ogk

The discrepancies in the statements, discrediting of the dogs, the couple that gave statements to the police about lewd conduct and the police not forwarding the statements, the people chosen to handle the situation from the outset, the relative who said that charitable donations would be used for legal fees.....

If you're so inclined it's fascinating.
Thanks from:
25-10-2018, 14:35   #33
iamwhoiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwen View Post
Did the other people Kate & Gerry were having dinner/ on holidays with leave their kids in the same situation?
One family had the granny with them who was babysitting . The others were all left alone too . The Mc Canns apartment was more vulnerable as it was the nearest to the road and the steps from the patio led right onto a public road
25-10-2018, 14:40   #34
bucketybuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyladyxx View Post
I can provide proof of that.
"Proof" isn't some made up imaginary word that means whatever you want it to be.

Either you have proof or you don't, so come on, lets see your proof?
Thanks from:
25-10-2018, 14:40   #35
iamwhoiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tretorn View Post
No, you are wrong, most parents wouldnt do it.

They wouldnt even drop into the neighbour next door for more than two minutes if they had children that age asleep in bed.

All those resorts provide childcare for parents as it would be understood that most parents wouldnt go out and leave three under threes alone with only a quick glance into the room every twenty minutes being the supervision.
In that particular resort The Mc Canns had access to a free babysitting service where they could leave the kids under supervision and also access to a paid service where a nanny would sit in the apartment with the kids . They chose to do neither but to get their kids into bed by 7 pm and leave them alone to go out to eat with friends
Advertisement
25-10-2018, 14:51   #36
retro:electro

I don’t think Kate and Gerry had anything to do with it. I think the most obvious answer is what likely happened. Someone had been watching their behaviour on previous nights and acted on opportunity when they knew the kids were alone. I don’t think Kate and Gerry are particularly nice people, in fact I don’t like them at all and they are partly responsible for what happened to their daughter. But I just don’t think they’re capable of what some people are accusing them of. It’s clear as day that Kate is tormented ever since and she has grief written all over her face. I think they’re cold and detached and odd and have made a lot of strange decisions but I don’t think they’re murderers.
25-10-2018, 16:13   #37
SusieBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
Something that I always thought strange was the video showing Gerry allegedly laughing and joking a few days after the disappearance
Just didn't look or feel right
Firstly, people react very differently to stress & sadness. If I'm nervous about something, I get the giggles. There is no "correct" way to deal with and act when your child disappears.
And secondly, that photo was one of maybe 100 snapshots taken by that photographer. In the rest of the photos, his expression might have looked neutral, or sad, or stressed, or angry.
But which one got published? The one that portrays the father of a newly missing child as having the lols, of course.
Because its a better story and it'll sell more copies.
25-10-2018, 16:25   #38
loyatemu

If they did it, they're phenomenal actors and totally impervious to pressure, both of them. That seems unlikely. They obviously shouldn't have left the kids alone but they were also incredibly unlucky. Whoever snatched the girl probably killed her in the next few days and the body was disposed of well away from the resort.
25-10-2018, 16:45   #39
iamwhoiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyatemu View Post
If they did it, they're phenomenal actors and totally impervious to pressure, both of them. That seems unlikely. They obviously shouldn't have left the kids alone but they were also incredibly unlucky. Whoever snatched the girl probably killed her in the next few days and the body was disposed of well away from the resort.
It was Madeleine who was unlucky , let down by her parents .
Advertisement
25-10-2018, 18:25   #40
All My Stars Aligned

What get's to me is that they were not prosecuted for child neglect. I don't think they murdered their child but it was their actions that led to the poor child's murder/disappearance. Had they been working class parents the public reaction would have been very different and I somehow doubt the British authorities would still be investigating.
25-10-2018, 18:28   #41
Alrigghtythen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhoiam View Post
One family had the granny with them who was babysitting . The others were all left alone too . The Mc Canns apartment was more vulnerable as it was the nearest to the road and the steps from the patio led right onto a public road
The granny was at the table in the tapas bar. Wasn't another child ill that night?
25-10-2018, 18:38   #42
iamwhoiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrigghtythen View Post
The granny was at the table in the tapas bar. Wasn't another child ill that night?
Was one child vomiting and a dad stayed with it . Sorry , I think the gran might have been babysitting other night , maybe not the night in question . Now I am confused too !
25-10-2018, 19:13   #43
Alrigghtythen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhoiam View Post
Was one child vomiting and a dad stayed with it . Sorry , I think the gran might have been babysitting other night , maybe not the night in question . Now I am confused too !
It's very confusing with all the different accounts and media stories all contradicting each other! It seems (from Jane Tanners police interview) that the father was supposed to stay at home with the sick child. She left for dinner at 20:30 and he turned up a half an hour later at 21:00?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE-TANNER-10MAY.htm

Ev was sick and had difficulty with sleeping stayed with her father, who had arrived in the meantime, (on the previous night the deponent stayed later in the bedroom because her daughter had difficulty in sleeping; on this night it was her husband's turn). She left the apartment and went to the Tapas, for dinner, around 20h30.

When she arrived at the restaurant there were already some adult members of the group, namely the McCanns, without their children. They [the children] were supposedly sleeping.

Around 21h00 her husband arrived at the restaurant, Ev, meanwhile, having fallen asleep.
(2) thanks from:
25-10-2018, 23:06   #44
fritzelly

Thanks for the YT link, never seen it before
Always thought at the time seeing the interviews that Gerry just seemed off about the whole thing and Kate was an innocent (maybe) bystander to something nefarious
And after watching those documentaries I'm now even more convinced.
25-10-2018, 23:10   #45
Purple Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat2 View Post
Where is the proof, if you can prove it, would love to see it
Have we got a psychic in our midst?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image