Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Madeleine McCann

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Didn't kate say she had thoughts of Maddie's perfect little genitals being ripped,or destroyed.. said it in her book... Extremely disturbing imo..what parent says this to the public,what's the purpose ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 optimist16

Have a look at Dr Katherine Gasper's statement and somewhere out there is the transcribed police interview of the man she mentions. So many shocking things to it all. Really too many to mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Didn't kate say she had thoughts of Maddie's perfect little genitals being ripped,or destroyed.. said it in her book... Extremely disturbing imo..what parent says this to the public,what's the purpose ..

A very weird thing to say about any of your children, I know she's a doctor and it would be par for the course to be clinical when talking about things but this was her own daughter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    My guess is they had given the kids sedatives . They wouldn't be the first to dose their kids with eg Phenergan or its like . I know first hand of medical personnel who use it to sedate kids on long haul flights .
    The fact they got all three kids in bed and asleep by 7:30 . The twins slept through the chaos and commotion that night in their cots . They were lifted out of cots and moved to another apartment without a peep
    The fact that Kate herself actually checked the twins to see if the were breathing .
    If Madeleine was taken and carried out of that apartment then the fact she didn't scream blue holey murder
    All these lead me to believe the children were somehow sedated .

But for them to carry on this act for so long. I think that would impossible. Unless of course only one of them knows what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

But for them to carry on this act for so long. I think that would impossible. Unless of course only one of them knows what happened.

I was only really guessing they were sedated not that they did anything else . I think they could blank out facts like that maybe ? Yes I agree with you that carrying on if they had harmed her would be very improbable .
    Personally I think it was an inside job as the pattern of leaving the kids was established over a few nights . A car could pull up to the front door ( the one on far side away from the Tapas ) and take Madeleine and be gone within minutes . Then within 10 minutes be in the dark and isolated countryside north of PdaL before Madeleine was even missed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Toots wrote: »
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    For me its shows the disregard of the parents who chose to leave the children despite a three year old telling them that her brother cried and no one came .

Forget the risk of abduction in this case but the other risks they took are glaring .The risk of a child falling , having a seizure , vomiting , a fever , the risk of a child crying in fear after a dream , the risk of a child coughing and choking and no one came . Two doctors disregarding all of this to have dinner with mates .Shame on all of them .

Exactly! There's no way I'd leave my kids alone like that, TBH abduction would be the last thing on my mind, it would be more in case they woke and were frightened or took ill.

I think the most likely scenario is that something happened to her in the apartment and she died there, either she was sick or she fell out of bed or she got up and went out of the bedroom to look for her parents and came to harm somehow in the apartment. Her parents probably panicked and said she was abducted. I don't think they killed her, but they were extremely negligent and I they had to have known what they were doing was at the very least lousy parenting, if not child endangerment. I'd say they realised that if the authorities found out that they'd left 3 toddlers alone in an apartment while they buggered off for dinner, and one of them died while they were gone, they'd be looking at jail time, and quite possibly having their other 2 kids taken off them.
    But how is claiming your child was abducted any less implicating than an accidental death? In both instances the child was neglected.

The only way I think the Mccanns could be directly involved ( they are most definitely guilty of child neglect IMO, shame on them) is if 1 or both of them was knowingly allowing someone access their children while they were out, hence Kate'so cry of "They've taken her ". TBH I think that's a stretch too far.

The Mccanns look and act guilty because they feel guilty for abandoning their very young family while they went out to have fun. This resulted in one of their children being snatched most likely murdered after enduring God knows what.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Sardonicat wrote: »
    But how is claiming your child was abducted any less implicating than an accidental death? In both instances the child was neglected.

The only way I think the Mccanns could be directly involved ( they are most definitely guilty of child neglect IMO, shame on them) is if 1 or both of them was knowingly allowing someone access their children while they were out, hence Kate'so cry of "They've taken her ". TBH I think that's a stretch too far.

The Mccanns look and act guilty because they feel guilty for abandoning their very young family while they went out to have fun. This resulted in one of their children being snatched most likely murdered after enduring God knows what.

I am shure that the McCanns wake up every day regretting ever having let their children alone, find it hard to forgive themselves for that.
    But nobody gives anyone the permission to take their children, and I really do feel sorry for them, I am a parent, and know that if one of mine were missing, I would have to keep trying to find my child,
    Their life must be miserable, unbearable, their thoughts hard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

goat2 wrote: »
    I am shure that the McCanns wake up every day regretting ever having let their children alone, find it hard to forgive themselves for that.
    But nobody gives anyone the permission to take their children, and I really do feel sorry for them, I am a parent, and know that if one of mine were missing, I would have to keep trying to find my child,
    Their life must be miserable, unbearable, their thoughts hard

People still believe that she was abducted?

RLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I remember hearing to one of their 1st interviews and the Dad compared it to being a student and your current account going into overdraft

How they arent locked up i'll never know . Oh i do actually, police incompetence and the fact they are doctors.

But they have to live knowing what they done to their daughter . At least they are mortgage free now after paying the house off with the fundraising money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

limnam wrote: »
    People still believe that she was abducted?

RLY.

They do yeah
    An abductor breaks into the apartment without leaving any forensic evidence hair, footprints, fingerprints.
    Think about it.Has there ever been a modern day crime without any evidence left by the perpetrator before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

There is an excellent podcast by Those Conspiracy Guys (they're on Spotify as well as Pod apps) in which they cover the entire events of this case and explore the various theories on what happened. Unfortunately, the hosts of the podcast can be a bit immature, so it wouldn't be for those who are overly sensitive, but they do detail the events very well.

Just to forewarn you, it's over 2 hours long and can be quite depressing at times, so if you're feeling delicate after the bank holiday, you may want to give it a miss.

I remember hearing to one of their 1st interviews and the Dad compared it to being a student and your current account going into overdraft

How they arent locked up i'll never know . Oh i do actually, police incompetence and the fact they are doctors.

But they have to live knowing what they done to their daughter . At least they are mortgage free now after paying the house off with the fundraising money.

Have you a link to that interview. I dont believe it to be honest.

Have you a link to that interview. I dont believe it to be honest.

If you search for sky interview with Ian Woods

This was what was said

IW: I think that everyone has just been incredibly impressed with you as a couple and how you’ve dealt with this. There was a period after a week or so where you looked as if you were almost broken and who could not understand that? And then there seemed to be a sort of a strength come from somewhere. Is that a fair point? Is that what happened and what brought it about?

KMcC: I think that’s definitely true, isn’t it [looks at Gerry and sighs]

GMcC: Certainly, you know, at the end of that first week there was so much emotion that we had spent and we actually had a period where we discussed this openly that we felt devoid, completely devoid of emotion. The analogy that I like to use is a bit like when we were students and you’d got to your overdraft limit and you’d gone beyond it and there was just nothing left in the tank. Also, I think, physically and mentally we were shattered but, you know, as we gradually got more on an even keel and we started to get back into the black and we’d also worked tirelessly behind the scenes to put support mechanisms in place including our legal team. The response with the fund which was really driven by offers rather than us thinking we needed it. And once these were in place then it helped us to focus on what we really needed to focus on.

If you search for sky interview with Ian Woods

This was what was said

IW: I think that everyone has just been incredibly impressed with you as a couple and how you’ve dealt with this. There was a period after a week or so where you looked as if you were almost broken and who could not understand that? And then there seemed to be a sort of a strength come from somewhere. Is that a fair point? Is that what happened and what brought it about?

KMcC: I think that’s definitely true, isn’t it [looks at Gerry and sighs]

GMcC: Certainly, you know, at the end of that first week there was so much emotion that we had spent and we actually had a period where we discussed this openly that we felt devoid, completely devoid of emotion. The analogy that I like to use is a bit like when we were students and you’d got to your overdraft limit and you’d gone beyond it and there was just nothing left in the tank. Also, I think, physically and mentally we were shattered but, you know, as we gradually got more on an even keel and we started to get back into the black and we’d also worked tirelessly behind the scenes to put support mechanisms in place including our legal team. The response with the fund which was really driven by offers rather than us thinking we needed it. And once these were in place then it helped us to focus on what we really needed to focus on.

Ffs. Thanks.

That is certainly odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Bit far out from the previous comment and the context - tho Gerry always comes as across calculating in everything he says

fritzelly wrote: »
    Bit far out from the previous comment and the context - tho Gerry always comes as across calculating in everything he says

True enough. I think he is referencing the fact that the fund for the search was running out perhaps. I wouldnt think he was comparing his daughters alledged kidnapping to not having a few quid for a pint when he was a student.

True enough. I think he is referencing the fact that the fund for the search was running out perhaps. I wouldnt think he was comparing his daughters alledged kidnapping to not having a few quid for a pint when he was a student.

What he's referencing is his emotional bank balance.

The "fund" had just been setup and was pulling in money from all over the shop. That they went on the p|ss away hiring the biggest bunch of clowns you wouldn't hire to find a lost dog.

He's calculated because he has to be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Steve F wrote: »
    They do yeah
    An abductor breaks into the apartment without leaving any forensic evidence hair, footprints, fingerprints.
    Think about it.Has there ever been a modern day crime without any evidence left by the perpetrator before?
    Criminals can be one step ahead of the police. I was held up twice at gunpoint and the offenders left no fingerprints, DNA, cars were stolen and untraceable. It's not as hard as people think to leave no evidence.

Criminals can be one step ahead of the police. I was held up twice at gunpoint and the offenders left no fingerprints, DNA, cars were stolen and untraceable. It's not as hard as people think to leave no evidence.

Did you go on to change your statement to the guards?
    Did any of your friends lie to the guards about where you/they were the night someone held you up?
    Did the guards go to find your DNA on the gun in the back of the stolen car?

The lack of evidence of the abductor is not the problem in this case....

A lie detector may not be 100% accurate but the conclusion drawn from them not being willing to take one may well be.

• Advertisement

If you look at it he says " in the first week" just before those words . So before there was even a fund

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML-gTcKDKrM

"probably mainly for legal expenditure"

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Although I haven't seriously delved into the case of Madeleine McCann, I can't escape the feeling her parents are being turned into scapegoats in this case. Most parents, at some point, have to leave their kids alone. And, as I understand, they were close by and checking in frequently. I just don't think that makes them murderers.

Although I haven't seriously delved into the case of Madeleine McCann, I can't escape the feeling her parents are being turned into scapegoats in this case. Most parents, at some point, have to leave their kids alone. And, as I understand, they were close by and checking in frequently. I just don't think that makes them murderers.

At some point is not when all three are under four years old . And they were not the close at all really. They couldn't see or hear the children .

. And, as I understand, they were close by and checking in frequently. I just don't think that makes them murderers.

It doesn't.

The fact they ate near by has no baring on anything imo.

It's most likely she was already dead at that point anyway

It doesn't.

The fact they ate near by has no baring on anything imo.

It's most likely she was already dead at that point anyway

A planned expose in the restaurant after the pact....that'd take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rv0vQueIWo

Pretty sure people have seen this before but here it is anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

I don’t think Kate and Gerry had anything to do with it. I think the most obvious answer is what likely happened. Someone had been watching their behaviour on previous nights and acted on opportunity when they knew the kids were alone. I don’t think Kate and Gerry are particularly nice people, in fact I don’t like them at all and they are partly responsible for what happened to their daughter. But I just don’t think they’re capable of what some people are accusing them of. It’s clear as day that Kate is tormented ever since and she has grief written all over her face. I think they’re cold and detached and odd and have made a lot of strange decisions but I don’t think they’re murderers.

Exactly this. I find them strange but it doesn't mean they killed their child or are covering for anyone who did, or anyone who took her. there's a lot of oddness about this case and I don't understand how they felt it was acceptable having no one watching the kids, if she'd even woke to get a drink of water or go to the bathroom there was every danger of her getting hold of something or falling and that fear alone would have me eating in the apartment and sitting on my balcony to listen out for my kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

What I don't understand is how her book publisher didn't tell her to change the wording of that, really bad imagery to conjure up. Sure any parent who is out of their mind with worry about what's happened to their kid would have horrible imagery running through their head, but to state she had horrible imagery running through her head would have sufficed, bad bad choice there. Still don't think it makes her guilty of anything, just weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Some utter nonsense on this thread. Those poor parents have suffered unmeasurably by the loss of their little girl.
    Their torture has been made unimaginably worse by callous, ignorant and vindictive commentary online.

Stupid unfounded conspiracy theories which have no basis in fact. Complete tripe. I really despair.

The child was abducted. This is the conclusion of years of investigation and it is also the only theory that makes any sense at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement