Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in Cello lessons

• 31-03-2013 1:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm interested in starting cello lessons. I have no experience at all, I just have always wanted to learn how to play the cello and decided to start now. I live in Dublin city center and am looking for private lessons. Please PM if you know someone!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

The Royal Irish Academy of Music on Westland Row does private tuition, it might be a bit expensive though. You should definitely pick it up, it's a beautiful instrument, and orchestras will always need cellists! Here's a link to the application form http://www.riam.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Part-time-Application-form-2013-141.pdf . Good luck with it! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Artemis_Red

Thank you very much for your reply! I will definitely have a look, hope something work's out :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Most cello teachers probably work for conservatories or schools of music which don't accept students mid-way through the academic year. If you get in touch with a few (such as DIT, RIAM, Waltons etc) they'll be able to tell you when the next intake of students will be - probably September. However you could get the teachers' details off the schools' websites (most have a staff page with an email or phone number) and contact them directly to see if they will give private lessons.

Best of luck, cello is a beautiful instrument :)

Thank you for your reply and your kind words! Your suggestions are very helpful.

Take care :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Waltons have a summer term, their third term starts next week so you could ring and ask if you can join then, if not, it'll be June. DIT will probably be september. I can highly recommend mr calef in DIT, he is an amazing cello teacher (and a lot better than the one I had in waltons, though she wasn't bad)

• Advertisement

Very much appreciated !! Thanks!

Advertisement