Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Zardoz

big 'ol Glastonbury hole in Aerosmith's tour:
    https://www.aerosmith.com/tour

I thought they said their last tour was their final tour.
    The lure of money was too much.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Zardoz wrote: »
    I thought they said their last tour was their final tour.
    The lure of money was too much.

Ah the joys of the "Final Tour". Caught them in the 3Arena 2 years ago and they but on a great show, hopefully will catch them on one of the European dates

• Registered Users Posts: 12,142 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They will be a laugh. I can see myself spending more time than usual at the pyramid next year. Its going to be an impressive poster whenever wer get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

MadYaker wrote: »
    They will be a laugh. I can see myself spending more time than usual at the pyramid next year. Its going to be an impressive poster whenever wer get it.

Price of the ticket is well covered with the 3 acts known already, Diana Ross is €125, Macca would be €160 at least and Aerosmith would be €100, so I reckon that means we're actually making a profit.

Yeah its looking good value this year alright. Kendrick Lamar seems nailed on as well. Could be 2 out of 3 nights at the pyramid for me depending on clashes. Thom Yorke is headlining west holts one of the nights, hopefully clashing with taylor and not macca or kendrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Question about Glasto, would a band like Aersomith bring their full stage set up as they;re using for this tour or would they use the house stage/set up

No idea what setup they are using for this tour but I remember when Muse played in 2016 they were touring inddor venues and had a mad stage setup but when they played glasto it was way stripped back. Id imagine it'll be the same for Aerosmith. They'll have screens and lights and thats about it. Maybe confetti cannons.

No idea what setup they are using for this tour but I remember when Muse played in 2016 they were touring inddor venues and had a mad stage setup but when they played glasto it was way stripped back. Id imagine it'll be the same for Aerosmith. They'll have screens and lights and thats about it. Maybe confetti cannons.

aerosmith-front-array-100801567-orig.jpg

They won't have that walkway into the crowd but I don't see why the rest of it would be a problem. The setup Muse were touring in '16 was far more elaborate.

With Aerosmith playing im guessing they wont be headlining? If the rumours are true that Taylor and Kendrick are the other 2 headliners

• Advertisement

With Aerosmith playing im guessing they wont be headlining? If the rumours are true that Taylor and Kendrick are the other 2 headliners

If Aersomith play they will headline

• Registered Users Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

scudzilla wrote: »

Their date is the same as Macca's. He ain't supporting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Their date is the same as Macca's. He ain't supporting them.
    They could headline T'Other.. but far more likely they're subbing Macca.

scudzilla wrote: »

Rumoured to be playing second fiddle to mccartney. They definitely aren’t headlining anyway. Glasto would never book a band like Aerosmith to headline.

Rumoured to be playing second fiddle to mccartney. They definitely aren’t headlining anyway. Glasto would never book a band like Aerosmith to headline.

They'll be on pretty early too, circa 7. McCartney is likely to do a 2.5 to 3 hour set and will need a fair bit of time for his stage setup after Aerosmith.

Though less than the 2.5 hours the Stones had to get their gear ready. Man, that was an exhausting wait.

Guns 'n' Roses doing Marlay Park the Saturday of Glasto. Could they be doing a slot in Somerset a month after their Tottenham gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Guns 'n' Roses doing Marlay Park the Saturday of Glasto. Could they be doing a slot in Somerset a month after their Tottenham gig?

no

no

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, they play Sunday and Axel finally shows on stage on the Monday! :rolleyes:

Why not?

I would think they'd have to headline and we seem to have our headliners and also they are all about the $$$ which glasto won't give them. Coachella supposedly paid them a few million to headline a few years ago.

• Advertisement

I would think they'd have to headline and we seem to have our headliners and also they are all about the $$$ which glasto won't give them. Coachella supposedly paid them a few million to headline a few years ago.

I agree that it's hard to see them not headlining and/or accepting a lower fee. Probably won't happen but Aerosmith and Diana Ross have already agreed to it, as almost certainly have Foals, Tame Impala and the 1975. All headlining festivals elsewhere. It's also the fiftieth anniversary which will result in bigger acts doing lower slots.

All said more in hope than expectation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Where would they fit on the bill? Would have to be on Saturday but would they accept subbing to Aerosmith?
    Would be odd to have them on before Kendrick or Swift.

I agree that it's hard to see them not headlining and/or accepting a lower fee. Probably won't happen but Aerosmith and Diana Ross have already agreed to it, as almost certainly have Foals, Tame Impala and the 1975. All headlining festivals elsewhere. It's also the fiftieth anniversary which will result in bigger acts doing lower slots.

All said more in hope than expectation.

Tame Impala wont be there as they headlined the the Other Stage this year and im pretty sure their All Points East is a UK exclusive? But i say Foals and 1975 to headline the other stage(or i can see 1975 subbing Taylor Swift)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Taylor Swift confirmed for the Sunday night!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6GcJN3DP3H/

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Taylor Swift confirmed for the Sunday night!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6GcJN3DP3H/

Jaysus f*cking Wept

Anyone looking for a ticket?

Sure we knew that already. Hoped that’s the night Thom Yorke is on west holts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

fillup wrote: »
    Jaysus f*cking Wept

Anyone looking for a ticket?
    yeah, sure. what do you look like?

otherwise, feel free to throw your ticket back into the pot in March! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

otherwise, feel free to throw your ticket back into the pot in March! :rolleyes:

Pretty fuppin ugly mofo TBH

I'm sure I'll find something else worthy of my attention on the Sunday night

Massive fan of Yorke but I doubt the auld plinky plonky will be enough for me at that stage of the game either.

Fist full o yokes n down the rabbit hole (probably definitely not!)

Not a fan and there are many other headline acts I'd prefer but I may check out 30/40 mins of her set if nothing essential clashing with it. She's clearly amongst the biggest acts on the planet, it's a coup for Glasto and she'll go down a storm.

Already several acts there that I love so greatly looking forward to next June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Did Michael Eavis not say Sunday headliner was being announced 15th January?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/michael-eavis-reveals-when-next-glastonbury-2020-headliner-will-be-announced-2586158

Advertisement