Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-12-2018, 20:45   #16
Green&Red

I’ll start by saying that I think Chris probably did it, almost definitely

BUT
Am I alone in thinking this was a terribly produced piece of journalism? Completely unbalanced and based on very, very little fact.

Below are what I see as the main points or what’s being presented as facts, I’m on episode 14, decision time:
- Lyn disappeared and the following day her replacement was brought in - the most powerful piece of evidence but circumstantial
- a jumper was found during a dig with what looks like stab marks - the ONLY piece of physical evidence - the only DNA it has on it does not belong to Lyn - if she was stabbed her blood would have been all over this surely? They never mention that FFS
- the main person who accuses him is his second wife - described as a reliable witness (I can’t remember who by but heresay) - she only does this after she leaves him and by all accounts (her own included) is an absolute c**t to her step daughters - and her only evidence is a half baked story about him saying he called off a hitman

Other than that it’s a series of interviews with people who now think he did it, none of whom did anything about it for 20 f**king years, her own family included

One episode is called “a lovely drink” where Headley makes a huge point of a supposed comment by her that her husband had made her a lovely drink! And her mother thinking she sounded groggy.

Another is about “soft soil” where a credible witness says there’s no way she’s buried at the house cause the ground is too hard. Two episodes later Headley has convinced her that she’s buried in some soft soil. He then goes on about the previous dig and how they maybe just missed her!

They whole thing seemed like a succession of him asking biased interviewees if they thought he did it. Making it sound like every policeman in the place was a buddy of Chris.

How has he been investigating this for 17 years?

I don’t know how the Australian justice system works but the only credible evidence sounded like the cororners reports, although I don’t understand how there could be two and still no DPP movement?

Lastly, I would like to see Headley under some soft soil, I like a good crime but he was painful!

Edit: I forgot about the brother, who was lumped in as an accomplaice to killing without literally one shred of evidence. Clearly all them teachers are scumbags for grooming kids but again it seems to have been legal to a certain point. I would like to see all of them in jail
Advertisement
19-12-2018, 21:09   #17
retro:electro

It’s just all so sad. When you think about how much Lyn adored her children and now they don’t have even the faintest memory of her. How she was replaced by Joanne and so quickly referred to as their pretend mom. I’m still not finished and still haven’t wrapped my head around it all but my god heads should roll. A woman disappeared into thin air and nobody seemed to give the faintest of a fcuk about her. I can’t help but feel like her own family could have done more? Pushed for answers? I know they made contact with media and were being fed horseshlt by Chris but the only one who seems to have been relentless is the neighbour.
Chris is literally shlt on your shoe in human form. Typical sociopathic narcissist. It’s just so sad the injustice for Lyn and how the daughters she adored so much can’t even remember how much she loved them. A real shame.
(2) thanks from:
19-12-2018, 21:39   #18
Mantis Toboggan

@ Green and Red, the body hasn't been found, no murder weapon has been located and nobody who knows what happened has come forward so unfortunately the case is very much circumstantial and there's very little actual evidence. Only person with a motive was her husband who stood to pocket a wad of cash, custody of the kids and was having an affair with a schoolgirl who was in his class and had moved into the home house, his is a clear motive and it's why he's the number one suspect and has been arrested.
(5) thanks from:
19-12-2018, 22:02   #19
Green&Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
@ Green and Red, the body hasn't been found, no murder weapon has been located and nobody who knows what happened has come forward so unfortunately the case is very much circumstantial and there's very little actual evidence. Only person with a motive was her husband who stood to pocket a wad of cash, custody of the kids and was having an affair with a schoolgirl who was in his class and had moved into the home house, his is a clear motive and it's why he's the number one suspect and has been arrested.
Absolutely, the motive is huge but listening to the podcast you'd swear the jumper and the drink and the soft soil were damning pieces of evidence, they're not by any stretch. I just thought the whole thing was way too biased and way too many people being interviewed saying they thought she did it, that means f**k all!

Edit: They also make it sound like the body is 100% under the patio for the whole podcast, they treat it like its almost fact

Last edited by Green&Red; 19-12-2018 at 22:08.
Thanks from:
19-12-2018, 23:01   #20
Mantis Toboggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green&Red View Post
Absolutely, the motive is huge but listening to the podcast you'd swear the jumper and the drink and the soft soil were damning pieces of evidence, they're not by any stretch. I just thought the whole thing was way too biased and way too many people being interviewed saying they thought she did it, that means f**k all!

Edit: They also make it sound like the body is 100% under the patio for the whole podcast, they treat it like its almost fact
True but I think Hedley's reason for the podcast along with creating awareness was for justice for Lyn. He wanted to force a new trial and for the grounds to be dug in search of the body. He's convinced that Chris is guilty from the start. I think he gets a little caught up with trying to document the case and trying to prove Chris's guilt.
Advertisement
19-12-2018, 23:24   #21
Green&Red

Just listened to the bit where one of his rugby buddies say the building he went to in south Sydney was the rugby club, absolutely no way that could be proven given the details Joanne gives. Then they spend five minutes discussing a hitman who was linked to a guy who used to go there, it’s an outrageous stretch. I know he doesn’t link them but he’s definitely associating them

Edit: and now they have a clairvoyant!!

Last edited by Green&Red; 20-12-2018 at 06:56.
20-12-2018, 08:28   #22
weldoninhio

Quote:
Just listened to the bit where one of his rugby buddies say the building he went to in south Sydney was the rugby club, absolutely no way that could be proven given the details Joanne gives. Then they spend five minutes discussing a hitman who was linked to a guy who used to go there, it’s an outrageous stretch. I know he doesn’t link them but he’s definitely associating them

Edit: and now they have a clairvoyant!!
Generally if I don’t like something I stop listening to/watching it.
Thanks from:
20-12-2018, 10:07   #23
Green&Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
Generally if I don’t like something I stop listening to/watching it.
Generally if I don’t have something useful to say I don’t say it
(2) thanks from:
20-12-2018, 11:36   #24
weldoninhio

Quote:
And yet here you are.
Advertisement
20-12-2018, 12:03   #25
PropJoe10

Quote:

The irony is real! Why are you listening to this podcast if you so clearly think it's pointless and biased, hate the journalism and hate the presenter?
(2) thanks from:
23-12-2018, 14:19   #26
inthehat

I'm enjoying it, I'm about 2/3 way through but I find a lot of the interviews awfully difficult to hear clearly. Maybe it's the ozzie accents or maybe it's the sound on my ipod but I seem to miss a lot of what they are saying.
Great story though. I wonder how the case will go considering the recent developments....
26-12-2018, 12:50   #27
Pintman Paddy Losty

This whole story could have been told in 3 or 4 episodes instead of twelve. I can understand how people get bored and annoyed listening to Headley droning on about the same things over and over.

Do I think Chris did it?
Yes.

Is there any solid evidence to prove that claim?
No.

Too much time has passed. Unless they find her body or someone confesses there'll be no justice for Lynn.
(3) thanks from:
09-01-2019, 16:21   #28
Beersmith

Yeah but it was examining all the lack of a proper investigation and all these interesting links false information etc. You can sum up anything in a short time. I enjoyed the long tell anyway.
Thanks from:
28-01-2019, 09:29   #29
Kingp35

I finished this today. I feel it was an important podcast, not for any evidence uncovered regarding Lynn, but more for the scandals uncovered regarding sex abuse in the school and the unwillingness of the police to properly investigate Chris who is clearly the main suspect.

Having said that, despite the incredible story the podcast was painfully boring at times as it was way too dragged out with far too many interviews of little relevance. For all the investigating that was done, there was very little credible evidence uncovered. Although I am 99% sure Chris did it, I'm surprised he's been arrested and I can understand completely why the DPP didn't pursue the case for so long.

Let's just hope that the investigation continues and more damning evidence can be found.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion