Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Prime time

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Onto tonights episode.
    Jaysus they stung that Monaghan councillor lovely.
    He was in shock.
    A parasite

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I can’t believe what I just saw. The neck of those guys running again next week....sweet Jesus this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Onto tonights episode.
    Jaysus they stung that Monaghan councillor lovely.
    He was in shock.
    A parasite
    And he'll probably get elected

seamusk84 wrote: »
    I can’t believe what I just saw. The neck of those guys running again next week....sweet Jesus this country

Unbelievable stuff. Again I'm surprised by prime time. Two in a row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

That Donegal councilor is a just unbelievable disgrace and to think he'll no doubt top the poll.

• Advertisement

and drives off in a top of the range bmw but cant use a seat belt...didn't put it on the clown... breaking the law is just in his DNA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭jos28

Ah yea but he's a great fella, it's them fekcers in Dublin that are out to get him.

Gangsters who will without doubt top the poll, I despair :mad:

jos28 wrote: »
    Ah yea but he's a great fella, it's them fekcers in Dublin that are out to get him.

I will be keeping an eye out to see how that Monaghan scumbag gets on after this. If he or any of the other dirtbags are voted in I give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

fryup wrote: »
    and how about the undocumented irish in america??? we want special status for them??

typical irish hypocrisy
    What hypocrisy?

Hypocrisy is doing/saying/thinking something that you criticise others doing/saying/thinking. Not seeing any evidence of people here praising Irish illegal immigrants.

Also, what's "typically Irish" about hypocrisy? Could have sworn it's a trait to be found anywhere...

Any chance of a synopsis ?

Telly on the blink here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Letting folk in as recognised refugees and leaving them to rot in centers meant for asylum seekers waiting upon decisions is not being nice to them.

There’s a direct provision hotel just one hundred yards from my housing estate. It was opened as a three star hotel and closed within a year once they got the contract to house asylum seekers and refugees.

From my interactions with those in the hotel, a lot have been processed and awarded asylum, humanitarian leave to remain and some have been even relocated from Greece to Ireland.

These people are genuine, cause little trouble and are always doing their bit when the tidy towns clean up etc is on. No quarrel with them on an individual level.

But why the feck are we taking such people in when we simply cannot adequately take care of their needs and are putting them in competition with the locals for essential services and housing?

It’s absolute madness to me. And we aren’t being nice to them. No matter what some politician thinks after getting his photo op with these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Apologies for rambling here and back to back posts. Another thing that hit me recently is that the demographic that is one largely blamed by the media for being racist yada yada is the one who I’ve seem show the most generosity towards the asylum seekers and refugees.

Those in the hotel who have leave to remain are able to access welfare payments, work without condition etc. Those still in the asylum process get a small weekly stipend.

It’s not much and a lot of the kids of asylum seekers get involved with the many local sport clubs in the area.

If Paddy Opadi goes from a size four to an adults size six over the summer, I’ve seen lads with **** all buy the kid boots. The lads themselves can barely afford to go for a few pints at the end of each week. His mam gets sfa as a stipend and the lads who have feck all themselves, will buy him what’s needed so he can keep playing ball with his mates and have a decent bit of gear like the rest.

It’s not the politician, or the media commentator or the NGO employee. But the lad on the street who is largely blamed for racism and right wing rhetoric yada yada.

The average Joe on the street is decent. The issue isn’t the individuals, their race or creed. It’s the numbers, the lack of a plan, them being placed in working class or rural communities, them being pitted against the Irish poor.

All the while our betters preach and pat themselves on their backs from much more leafy environs.

RE : Last nights show on corrupt politicians, this is gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DQL11dFVOc

• What’s the population of the EU? How many hundreds of millions? Why the need for people/labour from outside this huge market?

What’s the population of the EU? How many hundreds of millions? Why the need for people/labour from outside this huge market?

Declining population in Europe. Remember a time when Irish families for example had 6 children? Now they have two. Changing demographics. Huge pension bills in Europe will need to be paid. Fresh tax paying workers required

What’s the population of the EU? How many hundreds of millions? Why the need for people/labour from outside this huge market?
    1. Population change: Europe is ageing and needs workers generally to support welfare transfers and capital flows to the needs of the elderly.
    2. Unskilled labour shortages in specific sectors. Diverse societies are associated with technological and scientific advances -- just look at Silicon Valley, or at any University Physics or Computer-Science Department.
    3. Global security. Europe has learned the hard way that peace is achieved through mutual co-operation and reliance between individual states, whether inside or outside the Union.

There may be further reasons, and reasons that branch out from the above, but I think those are the Big 3 factors that justify labour-market co-operation with the rest of the planet.

• Skills shortages carry no weight, regardless of population growth rates the current population to pick from in the EU is over half a billion

Skills shortages carry no weight, regardless of population growth rates the current population to pick from in the EU is over half a billion
    Is 1= 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Anyone see last nights Prime time about that poor Irish man stuck in China? Even do he done nothing wrong because of some ponzy scheme his boss carried out.
    What the hell is wrong with China?
    This man had no problem with China or chinese people before this but he has been stuck there for two years now and not allowed go home. That might change his opinion on China now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭Northernlily

AMKC wrote: »
    Anyone see last nights Prime time about that poor Irish man stuck in China? Even do he done nothing wrong because of some ponzy scheme his boss carried out.
    What the hell is wrong with China?
    This man had no problem with China or chinese people before this but he has been stuck there for two years now and not allowed go home. That might change his opinion on China now.

A very inhumane situation and It's very wrong especially as there does not be a timeline on his release and he has young children who need him. Not seeing enough from the Government on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭Northernlily

jos28 wrote: »

As an update, The bould Hughie got reelected in the 4th seat automatically AFAIK as the other candidates dropped out of the race.

Not suspicious at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

A very inhumane situation and It's very wrong especially as there does not be a timeline on his release and he has young children who need him. Not seeing enough from the Government on this.

I dont think the full story was given on primetime, there is certainly more to it than is being led to believe. A horrendous situation to find yourself in, hopefully will be sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Jesus Davey Russell was talking some schcutter there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he was nervous,

probably felt awkward talking about a close colleague

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Shane Ross talking about hooky deals in stockbroking! Years ago when Dunphy did the Last word Ross was a regular guest on the show. They did a piece one day where Dunphy asked Ross why he got into stockbroking, back in the day. Ross told him that it was a no brainer, it was a licence to print money for those in the know who had access to all the insider information i.e. insider dealing which is a crime today. They had a great chortle over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Now that McInerney and McNulty are coming over to PT, what do people think.

Will it make the programme more relevant and more dynamic as it was in the past.

What changes would you make?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭HBC08

Sarah is a serious presenter and will ask hard questions and not accept nonsense answers (well as much as possible n this type of format)
    Louise Byrne was shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Is Miriam retiring? She must be getting near that age.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

AMKC wrote: »
    Is Miriam retiring? She must be getting near that age.

We'll she's 61, I'd say she'll hang on for as long as she can.
    She's still a presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sarah hmmmm, bit of a one trick pony, grabs on and won’t let go.

That will work for a while....but ... I feel wouldn’t be sustainable long term.

Hope they will steer clear of the old ‘Vincent Browne’ format of tag teams.

Otherwise they will find it hard to get serious panel people from the govt.

Good luck to them anyway.

Advertisement