Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Prime time

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,669 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

They should have given every house a Super-Ser and a tray of Guinness.

No politicians seem willing to tackle why we have the highest mortgage rates in EU, that's more of a difference in a year on a typical home than any energy rise. The reason no banks want to come in here is we have rubbish reposession laws where a mortgage holder can not pay a single cent on their mortgage for a number of years before being thrown out of the house, everyone else paying for this bunch, crazy, crazy economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

We need to import cheap labour, change laws on assessing land and derelict buildings and start building.

Proper clean up needed of the kip.

There should be a €50 on the spot fine for anyone giving money to those begging.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The Public Transport Report - felt sorry for that Maltese couple just out for a night having to put up with harassment from that scumbag, acting all tough but instantly changed his tune when the security gaurd appeared on the scene 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Thanks to RTE for advertising I can get away without paying by giving a fake name and address 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Sarah Mc should have put the question to Micheal how they could bring in laws during covid that weren't unconsistutional yet can't do it now for housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,702 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The red line Luas is a disaster.

But I had a horrendous incident on the bus today (my first one miraculously and I have been living here for 20 years) serious fight between an older man (who was absolutely smashed and shouldn't have been let on) and a man with his partner and baby...multiple people asked bus driver to stop and call the gardai.

Things calmed down...then it escalated between them again...blood all over the floor window and the seats.

Pretty scary and it wasn't late.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

which number bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Good grief that is horrific.

I went on an afternoon trip to Blanchardstown shopping centre and took a bus back to the city centre. On it a drunk? eastern European was harassing the occupants, then he came over to me and took his dick out threatening to piss on me.

I thought right I'm getting off this bus in case I get into a fisty fight with him. I made the driver pull up and let me off but the guy followed me off. I got back on and he was left on the street. What got me is the bus driver wasn't in the slightest bit interested in getting involved to sort it out.

I'm not sure if the drivers have any way to contact the guards when there's an incident or have any policies in place to deal with them. Keep driving, it'll sort itself out seems to be the policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Bus driver used to come with a conductor, they kept everyone honest and nice. Take away the conductors and the driver does what double job it. If some wierdo is annoying you either slap him in the ear or call the shades.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,702 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Jesus that sounds horrendous.

Bus driver did zero in my case too.

I lodged a complaint.

Usual bla response below.

They can't share any details of follow up action due to GDPR...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Bus drivers job is to drive the bus that's it.

Drivers have got enough on their plate without having to referee a fight, if worse comes to worse they'll get in contact with Gaurds

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So there us a Dental Scandel now as well. Seemingly anyone can run a Dental practice in Ireland and anyone can be one even if they do not know what they are doing. Scary right. One parent brought her daughter to what she thought was a reputable Dentist but this person was not registered and never done anything so the child's sore got worse.

They us others working in practices that do not have an IDC aka Irish Dentist Registered account.

One said she coukd worl so many days while she was waiting for her IDC.

What a mess. Its almost 40 years since the laws governing Dentists in Ireland was brought in. It badly needs to be updated

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Punter seeks gender swap on the NHS's dime, is given it, regrets it later, goes on to sue NHS. Do people know what in the jaysus they are signing up to, it's not like switching from supporting Everton to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I was watching Prime Time tonight. I despair at the world we live in. They were talking about the loss of biodiversity and species.

They were talking about the curlew as an example of how they're endangered in Ireland. I remember as a kid seeing another endangered species, corncrakes in the local fields. That was decades ago now. They have a distinctive call. The first time time since I seen a corncrake was last night watching a nature documentary about Ireland's Atlantic islands. They're barely hanging on there. Everything is barely hanging on these days, and the vast majority of people are completely indifferent.

We are destroying this planet at a rate of knots. The governments efforts at combatting this crisis is tokenism. RTE's "concern" is tokenism. The next topic on the show straight away was about building yet more apartments.

I walk through these greenfield sites every day that are now sprouting up apartment blocks left, right and centre. This is no word of a lie, I seen a fox camped up in a cordoned off area, maybe 4 x 10 metres, awaiting planning permission. This on the outskirts of Dublin, that was sq km of field after field previously. His/her home and every other creature in the same situation, if they weren't killed in the bulldozing.

We can't keep getting away with this. We need pollinators, building blocks of nature. I used to catch bees in jam jars as as a child. They were everywhere. As we're all insects. A trip in the car at the end used to result in a bloodbath on the windscreen. That doesn't happen anymore, due to pesticides. We also create barren wastelands for insects by constantly cutting grass, be it our own gardens or public spaces, because "we" think it looks neat.

That programme, a repeat, about the Atlantic islands, if you've seen it, could teach us a lot. About how when you strip the land of its trees, and its knock on affects.

While earlier on the same channel, The World's Most Luxurious Holidays (not something I've ever watched before or would be in a rush to do so again)showed what absolute pretentious ##### people can be. £75,000 per night in The Mark in New York, wanting everything immaculate, one guest asking the hotel for advice about buying a dog(which suggested a Shih Tzu and then having to ship to South Korea), others hiring out rooms, and treating their pets a million times better than homeless people experience daily. Meghan M##### was a previous guest of this hotel, that's all you need to know about the kind of ¢#### that they cater to. Talking about cleaning a £150,000 rug, should a dog do its business on it.

Post edited by sligeach on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Well said.

Housing just seems to be the priority at the moment, along with immigration because of the right ring agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

We need to house the curlew and cornflake too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,452 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I would have though drivers would call Gardai in a situation like that

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

What an absolute #### that "reporter" Ben was on Primetime. His mask didn't just slip, it completely fell off, by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭thesandeman

They must have found the two most boring people in Ireland to be contributers on the vaping debate.

Ironically, the guy on the anti vape side sounded like an ex smoker.

Comical political Ireland at its best tonight. Mayo County Council wasting money. I've never heard that before.

And Eamonn Ryan is making hay before he's drop kicked out of power. He was a smug ###### talking nonsense. Miriam did a decent job of calling him out. Claimed 82% of people supported this, didn't explain how or who these people were that were surveyed. Brushed off that it was a tiny fraction of less than 1% of Dublin people who were consulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭lmk123

Eamon Ryan is a disgrace. The “public consultation” he spoke of, the greens couldn’t care any less. I notice the people have less and less of a say in what really goes on, the powers that be hide behind “surveys” etc. commissioned by themselves and worded in a way that suits them. Little by little, ordinary people and some of their representatives are increasingly losing power, an example would be the following, there is no longer a need to get Part 8 planning if a scheme shows that it will improve bus connectivity / active travel etc. This means councillor's have lost their say on many schemes going forward. I actually think the majority of councillors don’t realise it yet because if they did they really should have kicked up about it.

"It's a town with a history of flooding."

About Midleton tonight on the show. And yet some are complaining about the level of help from the government. There are some places that people shouldn't be living or doing business. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be heartless. They kept building and building in such towns, where's the water supposed to go? They want the government to spend a fortune into flood relief schemes.

If you open a chocolate shop on the fringe of a volcano, you have nobody to blame but yourself when everything melts away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

If we have to rewild 20% of the country anyway, just build a few swamps upstream of the affected areas. Release some beavers and let them at it.

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement