Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Caught with 20 Salmon in 2 nets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Considering the value of salmon nowadays, that fine would not be a deterrent to these guys. They will be back in profit in one evening.
    I believe the restrictions on Salmon fishing are creating demand like never before for these underground operators.
    It's pretty much impossible to get your hands on a salmon here in the middle of a fishing community.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

In addition to the €250 fine, Judge Marie Keane ordered that Mr Mallard pay the costs of Inland Fisheries Ireland which totalled €968.

€1,218 in total. €250 figure is tiny, but it all depends on the judge you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

€1,218 in total. €250 figure is tiny, but it all depends on the judge you get.

Total fine 250.

They'll get away with not paying the expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Would they not have to make an appeal for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

In addition to the €250 fine, Judge Marie Keane ordered that Mr Mallard pay the costs of Inland Fisheries Ireland which totalled €968.

I'd say Mr. Mallard doesn't give a duck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Total fine 250.

Why do you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭BobMc

Slap in face of a fine but whats new with Judges these days

I know that stretch well grew up near it, common enough since I was barely in double figures age wise,
    so not surprised at all.

I believe enforcement is poor despite it being well known its happening along there

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gmax

Further out on the Shannon estuary it happens a lot, 3 generations of one family are at it. An uncle of theirs being a bailiff who turns a blind eye.

Frustrate you beyond belief

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Meanwhile if my tax is out of date by a day I’m in court over it.
    As much as I love this country I hate the absolute plebs that run the justice system.
    Try poaching in America and see what happens. People getting jail terms for it. And it’s about the only correct thing over there.

Advertisement