Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

There is lots about Bangalore that is not nice but lots to love too.
    And the food...I absolutely loved the food there. Not the posh western placed but the mucky places the locals eat.
    I have been there thrice but relatively short visits. A longer stay might grind a bit!

Recently discovered the Koramangala area and it's ok.

I don't know but India just somehow makes me angry all the time. I get annoyed so easily here. Tonight was ok but I know tomorrow when I go back to the dressmaker to give out about some of the stitching on my dress that I will be very stressed about not just it but the journey there, the people on the streets following me selling shire and the general noise and pollution.

Sigh.

I may be getting annoyed already and undoing the good work of a wonderful massage, nice food and a few beers.

On the food front, it's difficult for me to eat in the kinda places you talk about because of my allergies. I have found they have less understanding so I end up sticking to larger places

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Vino & pizza

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Witchie i get very easily irritated too. Hope you can find a way to manage..

In work, irritated :rolleyes:

I have....it's called massage and beer therapy

I also have to keep reminding myself that they are trying to be helpful and it's in their nature to serve when they are stalking me in shops, hovering as I eat or stopping their rickshaw and trying to get me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

We went for Thai this evening and same thing witchie. We ordered, prawn crackers too (not free, have to pay.) he brought the starter and we finished it and he came to clear the table and asked if he’d take the crackers. We said no.
    Two minutes later, he arrived with our main course and he left the plates down and asked “will I take these away?” As his hand hovered over the plate of crackers. They’re not free, we’re paying for them and he was told moments earlier to leave them.

• Advertisement

Drives me bonkers. As soon as you put the last bite in your mouth they swipe the plate away.

Another thing that does my head in and it's the same in Malaysia. You order starters and a main and they come at the same time or last night, my masla papad came when I was half way through my main.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Glad i don't eat out often. The thing that always wrecked my noggin was being asked if everything was ok when i had just stuck the fork in my gob. Every. fcukin. time..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

On the way to Mamof4’s with a pack of ciggies and bottle of vino ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

We went for Thai this evening and same thing witchie. We ordered, prawn crackers too (not free, have to pay.) he brought the starter and we finished it and he came to clear the table and asked if he’d take the crackers. We said no.
    Two minutes later, he arrived with our main course and he left the plates down and asked “will I take these away?” As his hand hovered over the plate of crackers. They’re not free, we’re paying for them and he was told moments earlier to leave them.

I'd have put the bowl in my lap!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Woohoo it's gonna get durrrtttyyy :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Out for a walk in a very warm and balmy evening in the village of Micholson, Derbyshire, England after a lovely swim in the hotel pool.

Scorcher of a day today!

0lddog wrote: »
    Ever think of getting a pet ?

Maybe a dog would fit in ......

You know I think I have room for a doggie alright. Do you know where I'd get such a lovely pet? :p

I had my sleep and now I'm back to the couch. The excitement is all too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I’m also on the couch. Two nights in a row!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Folding clothes
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    I’m also on the couch. Two nights in a row!

You're so wild poochie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Folding clothes

You're so wild poochie :pac:

Even the cat is out later than me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Drinking prosecco and eating taytos. Wondering if there's room for me at Mam's :P

The bins go out more than i do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I overdid the prosecco last night, still haven't fully come around

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

😀😀

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Drinking prosecco and eating taytos. Wondering if there's room for me at Mam's :P

Always room Cleo , the more the merrier !!
    Bring the rest of the prosecco :p

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I may (by the time I get there) have a bit of vino for the party!

Mam of 4 wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=5323637

I'll be round in the morning to rustle up some brekkie for you all

Am lol here , open door , it's looking like it's going to be street party now !!

Retro style , get it ?!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Me too couchside and I couldn't be more contented :)

Bit of Louis Armstrong..

I don't stay out late
    Don't care to go
    I'm home about eight
    Just me and my radio
    Ain't misbehavin'
    I'm savin' my love for you :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Everyone is invited but you have to take your pants off before you enter! Thems the rules I don’t make em! :pac:

giphy.gif

Everyone is invited but you have to take your pants off before you enter! Thems the rules I don’t make em! :pac:

Which pants? *side eyes*

If it’s a poker game, I’d fancy my chances ... otherwise

honeybear wrote: »
    If it’s a poker game, I’d fancy my chances ... otherwise

Always Poker , don't mind Anna , she was talking to Seph :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

*takes everything off to be on the safe side*

I still have a bit of prosecco left mam :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW2MmuA1nI4

My jam yo!

This discussion has been closed.