Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2019 - Round 4 - Baku

Options
  • 23-04-2019 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭

After the great Bahrain race and the snoozefest of China, Baku that will either be a demolition derby or very tame

All sessions on Sky F1, the Online Service and tbc
    Friday, Free Practice 1, 10:00-11:30
    Friday, FP2, 14:00-15:30
    Saturday, FP3, 11:00-12:00
    Saturday, Qualifying, 14:00-15:00
    Sunday, Race, 13:10-15:10

Talking points:
    How will Ferrari manage their driver situation?
    Will RedBull be in contention like last year? Or was that just a lucky one

Predictions:
    Ferrari Win
    Honda podium
    No Williamspoints

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I predict more reliability issues for Renault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I predict more reliability issues for Renault.

You don't exactly need to be Mystic Meg for that one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

Looking forward to this one. The Merc vs Ferrari dynamic will be interesting but I think this is a good benchmark against last season for Red Bull. Verstappen has been quietly going about his business the last 3 races and this could be a good opportunity to get into the mix especially if there is an engine advantage over last years Renault. Remains to be seen, but as I said, I am really looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

This will be the first race in over 5 years I won't have live access to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Harika wrote:
    Predictions: Ferrari Win Honda podium No Williamspoints

Only one of those predictions is likely to come true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The world would implode if all 3 happened.

My prediction: LeClerc win, Renault double points, and Kubica top 15. yeah, I know...too far fetched. I'll revised this after Friday practice.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Not Sure what I am hoping for this weekend .
    I do think Ferrari will win , Some car updates for them this weekend and I can see them getting it Right. RBhonda maybe a podium again .Third probably is their best bet . Cannot see Higher than that unless we lose a Merc or Ferrari early in the race .

Best of the Rest Renault with Riccardo again probably Haas points finish aswell . Maybe one TRHonda in the points.

I do want to see a good battle in the Midfield they are close on pace but the last race they all just kinda managed Tyres and Fuel from half way on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

I just don't want to see another Mercedes win, I'm worried the season is going to be a bore if that keeps happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

chicorytip wrote: »
    Only one of those predictions is likely to come true.

After the weekend you may rub it into me. Now what is your prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This should be a Ferrari track with the long straight, they need the result here, and so do we for the competitiveness of the championship.

That said I am going to go for Merc, Ferrari, Merc, Redbull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Really hope Ferrari can do something this weekend. Honda are delivering some big engine upgrades to both teams this weekend, should be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Harika wrote:
    After the weekend you may rub it into me. Now what is your prediction.

Merc 1 and 2 followed by a Red Bull, Mc Laren to finish outside the top ten and Kubica to crash out. At least two of those are dead certs!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hulkenbergs MGU-K fault in his engine from China has been repaired and is being used in Baku.

Giovinazzi however has put in his 3rd set of CE components so has a 10 place grid penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

FP1 stopped after Russell's Williams sucked up a manhole cover and destroyed the underside of his car. Cue slapstick attempts of a marshall to put the manhole cover back including the classic jumping up and down on it :D

Edit: it got worse, the crane on the low loader hit a bridge on the way back to the pits leaking hydraulic fluid all over the williams. And FP1 will not restart while they check all the manhole covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Jaysis, you couldn't write this stuff. Always drama at Buku and it's only FP1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Ameteur hour in Baku!!! Do Williams have the parts to fix the car?

recyclebin wrote: »
    Ameteur hour in Baku!!! Do Williams have the parts to fix the car?

Wonder would they get a gearbox etc change without any penalties if they were damaged. Not their fault.

On a brighter note, Le Clerc faster than Vettel so far this weekend. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

This is when we really start to miss Charlie.
    He'd have spotted that yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Awful to see this happen to Williams - I wonder will they get compensation from the organisers for causing the damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hamilton, like a 6 year old schoolboy straight to twitter with his efforts at joking about it all...

Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton joked on social media: "How could they have not checked and sealed the drains? Oh well, just gives me extra time to catch up on Game of Thrones."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

No matter what Hamilton says or does even if innocuous as that tweet, there's always someone waiting to put a negative spin on it. It's bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Footage here, DRS open too, could have been a lot worse!

https://youtu.be/F5f87xjg-m4

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

skipper_G wrote: »
    FP1 stopped after Russell's Williams sucked up a manhole cover and destroyed the underside of his car. Cue slapstick attempts of a marshall to put the manhole cover back including the classic jumping up and down on it :D

Edit: it got worse, the crane on the low loader hit a bridge on the way back to the pits leaking hydraulic fluid all over the williams. And FP1 will not restart while they check all the manhole covers.

Poor guy, might start at the back now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,147 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Of course it was Williams. They'll have there own dedicated netflix doc for this season.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Watched the coverage it and its a joke! Dont get me wrong, these things can happen, but Russell was very very lucky there wasnt more damaged/injury. Then, hitting the bridge and ultimately destroying the car even more, is just a joke. I would like to assume that the F1 insurance would pay for the Williams to be fixed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

The sound quality is still awful. Sounds like my speakers are made of coke cans.

Advertisement