Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MotoGP 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was shaping up to be great too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bloody hell..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I made a conscious effort to get home and stream this as we got rid of Sky a while ago and I have been struggling to watch them since.
    Had a feeling we were in for a cracker.
    Missed the start got it all hooked up to the tv and as I got it Playing on the tv it was showing the replay lol.
    Fu*k sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Marquez said that Lorenzo wasn't out of control ! He's in a minority of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

jelutong wrote: »
    Marquez said that Lorenzo wasn't out of control ! He's in a minority of one.

Vinales was fairly clear that he wants lorenzo to be punished as harshly as possible suggesting he start from back of the grid.

there is a good chance he was going to be near the back anyway with current form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

I'm no fan of Lorenzo - but was genuinely excited at the prospect of 2 Honda's, 2 Duke's, 2 or 3Yamaha's and at least one Suzuki  in a mad dice - wasn't to be sadly.   Maybe next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

legrand wrote: »
    I'm no fan of Lorenzo - but was genuinely excited at the prospect of 2 Honda's, 2 Duke's, 2 or 3Yamaha's and at least one Suzuki  in a mad dice - wasn't to be sadly.   Maybe next time.

In practice and qualifying, no one had a clear advantage. It was anyone's race. I'll admit I was steaming when the crash happened but on reflection I have to grudgingly admit it was a racing incident.

With regards to Vinales calling for a penalty, I'd say it's more a case of him taking the opportunity to stick the boot in on Lorenzo. If the shoe was on the other foot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

pablo128 wrote: »
    In practice and qualifying, no one had a clear advantage. It was anyone's race. I'll admit I was steaming when the crash happened but on reflection I have to grudgingly admit it was a racing incident.

With regards to Vinales calling for a penalty, I'd say it's more a case of him taking the opportunity to stick the boot in on Lorenzo. If the shoe was on the other foot.....

True statement racing incident.
    If he pulled the move off everyone would be praising him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

If he pulled the move off everyone would be praising him.[/quote]
    Problem was the move was never on - way too hot into the corner .

Racing incident and no further action but talk about ruining a race...

Alex Espagaro possibly out of Assen after injuring his knee in the collision with Bradley - Bradley 3 place grid penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Infoanon wrote: »
    If he pulled the move off everyone would be praising him.
    Problem was the move was never on - way too hot into the corner .

Racing incident and no further action but talk about ruining a race...

Alex Espagaro possibly out of Assen after injuring his knee in the collision with Bradley - Bradley 3 place grid penalty[/quote]

I only saw the aftermath of the the crash between Bradley and Alex when watching the race live I didn't get to see what happened to cause the crash

• Advertisement

lorenzo apparently had a massive off at the test today.

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    lorenzo apparently had a massive off at the test today.
    Bike landed on top of the barriers.

Alex Espagaro injury is a micro facture and it's now looking good for a return at Assen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

gg797540.jpg?itok=PZLLwzpW

Lorenzo out with a broken back, or to be more precise, a fractured vertebrae. I'm no fan of his, but I wouldn't wish that on any rider. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Lorenzo out with a broken back, or to be more precise, a fractured vertebrae. I'm no fan of his, but I wouldn't wish that on any rider. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.
    An innocuous looking accident until you saw the severity of Lorenzos tumbles.

6th vertebrae - possibly won't be back until after the summer break in Brno.

Hopefully Jorge makes a speedy recovery.

There was another accident where Manzi took out pramata on the warm up lap - fingers crossed Pramata recovers speedily

Yamahas of Fabio and Maverick are in a league of their own at Assen with only Rins close , .4 behind ! Unheard of gaps in Moto gp - still expecting a good race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Lads what channel do the races be on? Is it streaked on YouTube or anything like that? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Bt sports 2 usually.
    Everything else is online.
    No YouTube

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Lads what channel do the races be on? Is it streaked on YouTube or anything like that? Cheers

Via Sky, Quest HD channel 144 Monday nights 11pm. Steve Parrish commentary.

legrand wrote: »
    DanDan6592 wrote: »

Via Sky, Quest HD channel 144 Monday nights 11pm. Steve Parrish commentary.
    BT Commentary team for the last few races - Keith Huewan and Hodgy

• Advertisement

cracking race in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

cracking race in fairness

Rossi having a complete nightmare the past few races.

lolie wrote: »

if he continues this way i can see him retiring at the end of his contract

lolie wrote: »

if he continues this way i can see him retiring at the end of his contract
    Think that was always going to be the way irrespective of Rossi current bike issues.

It's interesting to compare Rossi/Morbid Elli on the Yams to Vinales/ Fabio

Anyword on Zarco - initial reports said that he parked a perfectly running KTM ?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for promotional codes for Silverstone MotoGp this year? I'm about to book the weekend for me and 3 mates, and every little helps.

Think that was always going to be the way irrespective of Rossi current bike issues.

It's interesting to compare Rossi/Morbid Elli on the Yams to Vinales/ Fabio

Anyword on Zarco - initial reports said that he parked a perfectly running KTM ?

yea i seen zarco retire and thought it was strange. he really seems to be having a hard time at KTM i bet some small part of him wishes he took the honda ride instead. i would love to hear why he stopped.

did yamaha release any statement on what the issue was with fabio's bike. i was amazed he pulled off 3rd with the amount that bike was shaking

yea i seen zarco retire and thought it was strange. he really seems to be having a hard time at KTM i bet some small part of him wishes he took the honda ride instead. i would love to hear why he stopped.

did yamaha release any statement on what the issue was with fabio's bike. i was amazed he pulled off 3rd with the amount that bike was shaking
    Fabio said it was his own fault, combined with a crosswind. He was taking too tight a line onto the straight. When the others got closer he took an even tighter line, and it was worse. When he got passed out, he could watch the other riders and he eventually twigged it near the end of the race. He took a wider line and had no issue.

Okay not quite the same speeds admittedly, (back in day) I swapped my GS550 for mates CB400 haring around Kerry backroads (there were no main roads then!), exited a corned and opened it up when the bike to start shaking uncontrollably for about 100m - almost shat myself as had no idea how to manage it except to back off and it finally settled down.

With Petrucci now confirmed at Ducati and Miller expected to resign at Pramac there are officially only 2 unfilled seats for 2020 - Rabat seat at Avintia and Hyffins seat at Tech 3.

Binder and Shrotter are rumoured to be moving up to Moto gp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Magown3

With Petrucci now confirmed at Ducati and Miller expected to resign at Pramac there are officially only 2 unfilled seats for 2020 - Rabat seat at Avintia and Hyffins seat at Tech 3.

Binder and Shrotter are rumoured to be moving up to Moto gp

I wouldn't be surprised if 2 more opened up for next year either:
    • Zarco's KTM seat
    • Lorenzo's Honda seat

:pac::D

Advertisement