Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamers / Gamer groups wanted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Croaker

Hi,

The Cork Games Guild meets every Wednesday at 7.30pm in the Flying Enterprise on Barracks St. All those games you mention are regularly played. Dead of Winter and Game of Thrones are great. We play a wide range of boardgames and we are always adding to our personal collections, so there is nearly a new game every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Croaker wrote: »
    Hi,

The Cork Games Guild meets every Wednesday at 7.30pm in the Flying Enterprise on Barracks St. All those games you mention are regularly played. Dead of Winter and Game of Thrones are great. We play a wide range of boardgames and we are always adding to our personal collections, so there is nearly a new game every week.

Awesome,

Thanks for getting back to me man, I appreciate it. I'll give you a shout later on in the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Half-Moon-Games-Saloon/1575381119401784?pnref=story

The Half moon games night expands to the Thomas houses down stairs.
    This weds from 7pm. 2 game boards and loads of space for board games. Couple of games of AOS and we will be trying out Five Tribes too! Free in!

10982205_10156038103575647_3800346586218030787_n.jpg?oh=76e5ed8eaab228091b40feecfa291788&oe=56574718

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

Looking to find someone to game against in Athlone. Play 40k and have some Space Wolves Chaos and Orks but looking to get into Warmahordes and infinity as well. Also quite partial to a good boardgame from time to time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fabiolibre

EmeraldDragon I am your same situation ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭billaustin

Looking for gaming groups in Kildare or Lucan areas. ALl board games and war games.

I've been away for a while but am back in Ireland and looking to see who is out there and to hopefully join a gaming group.

Thanks!

It's official. The Nerdaí games night is moving to Tuesday's in Thomas House. 5pm. Free in. Multiple game tables and spaces for board games

https://www.facebook.com/nerdaimedia/?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/thomashousedublin/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fabiolibre

Hi, is anybody in Athlone still looking for someone for a D&D, COC ect group?

https://www.facebook.com/KingKonkk/

Gaming Convention in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ColtCorona

Is anyone in Longford playing any board games/card games? Would love to meet up with people for some MTG or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭finooola

fabiolibre wrote: »
    Hi, is anybody in Athlone still looking for someone for a D&D, COC ect group?
    Hey Fabiolibre! Are you still looking? I have just moved to Athlone and wanted to set up a boardgames night, perhaps in a suitable pub. I've never done D&D but have been interested in it for a long time and have the "Dummy's Guide" and red starter box (I've also got the DragonAge rpg, just sitting on a shelf doing nothing, and the Call of Cthulhu rules).

I'm pretty new to board games too, and only have a small collection at the moment, but I think I have enough to start off something small and who knows? Others with games might show up.

I know about 3/4 people here who I could drag along (non-gamers but nerds :)). I reckon if we did get something started, a poster out in the college would probably bring in some more players too. I heard there is a nest of Yugioh players out there...

So what do you (or anyone else who might be reading this in Athlone) think? Would you be up for some pub boardgames, or perhaps showing a total noob the ropes in D&D?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 smogzy

What are the board/card/Wargame/RPG options in Tipperary?

I can't seem to find anything local here. Am I doomed to making a long journey into Cork or Limerick?

I used to play D&D years ago and looking for a good group (anything really) that get me out the house an socializing.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭finooola

smogzy wrote: »
    What are the board/card/Wargame/RPG options in Tipperary?

I can't seem to find anything local here. Am I doomed to making a long journey into Cork or Limerick?

I used to play D&D years ago and looking for a good group (anything really) that get me out the house an socializing.

I'm afraid the first thing that popped into my head was the Gathering in Limerick, but that's probably because I'm from Limerick and know those lads well.

I moved to Athlone a few months ago and after a while of thinking from the internet that there were no gamers here and starting unsuccessful threads on here and Board Game Geeks I eventually decided to start my own board games night. Shortly after that, someone else started up a bigger, better attended night! So there are/were games here, it just took a while to find them. I haven't found an RPG to join here yet, and I'm starting to think if I want one I'll have to start one myself, even though I don't really know how and I feel a bit shy of GMing. But it will be cool to try to learn something new.

So maybe it's a matter of if you build it, they will come. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 smogzy

finooola wrote: »
    I'm afraid the first thing that popped into my head was the Gathering in Limerick, but that's probably because I'm from Limerick and know those lads well.

I moved to Athlone a few months ago and after a while of thinking from the internet that there were no gamers here and starting unsuccessful threads on here and Board Game Geeks I eventually decided to start my own board games night. Shortly after that, someone else started up a bigger, better attended night! So there are/were games here, it just took a while to find them. I haven't found an RPG to join here yet, and I'm starting to think if I want one I'll have to start one myself, even though I don't really know how and I feel a bit shy of GMing. But it will be cool to try to learn something new.

So maybe it's a matter of if you build it, they will come. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice.

I wouldn't have the confidence to start one up on my own mainly due the me being away from the scene for quite a few years (we are talking early 90's here!!). I might just have to drive down to Cork or Limerick then...being around an hour away for either I suppose it wouldn't be too bad after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

You could try posting on w-ired.org and see what your options are?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bob Bob

I am part of a group that meets every Friday upstairs in the Silken Thomas pub in Kildare Town.

We play everything. Boardgames, RPGS (like Dnd), Card Games (MTG), 40k, AoS, Bloodbowl, Kings of War, Dropzone, and many more. If you have it, odds are someone here plays it.

Feel free to drop over any time.

Nerdai The weekly Nerdai Games Night continues! Hundreds of board, card and wargames to play! Open to beginners and veterans alike. Kicks off at 7pm and goes until 11:30 in time for the last bus home!
    18+ only. Beer specials on the night.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1907870716111304/

16195958_1406699339362064_7029697235890388833_n.jpg?oh=56f88b6d88edef431ae0b563bb574d16&oe=5945DDC7
    16472813_1416029888429009_7691066382490150817_n.jpg?oh=1baf3b4c5448a68b7b6177afca730534&oe=59484998

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sarena

Hi there!

Are there any games in Wicklow Town (or near it)? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Hey,

Would anyone know of or be interested in getting a d&d group going near or in newbridge Kildare? I asked the hobby den in Kildare town but they have nothing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bob Bob

There is a group that meets on a Friday night in the Silken Thomas in Kildare Town that plays pretty much anything. They do have a full ongoing dnd game there but I know some of the others might be interested. You can contact them on the Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/FNGKildare/
    rejkin wrote: »
    Hey,

Would anyone know of or be interested in getting a d&d group going near or in newbridge Kildare? I asked the hobby den in Kildare town but they have nothing at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

I'm very interested in trying D&D. I've never played before, but I've watched people play, and know the general rules (I think).

So if anyone has space in a D&D group and meets up every now and then, I'd love to join in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Where are you Marcus?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

Where are you Marcus?

I'm in Donnybrook, Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Where are you Marcus?

He's in south Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

Are there any gaming clubs in Mullingar? I am considering dabbling back in 40k with the release of 8th edition or some other wargame but would rather not have to spend €20+Hours travelling to Dublin or Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anya8Q

Hi, we are going to form a new group of d&d 5th edition and adventures in middle Earth. At the moment we have a GM and 2 players.
    We are in area of Wexford. Anyone interested to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Goobertron

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knew of any rpg or boardgame players in Dundalk? I know there's a few in Drogheda but the lack of a car restricts my travel radius. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Celephais

Hey, I'm looking to put together a group for some tabletop gaming. I've been in the habit of buying a ton of different game systems to read, but want to actually put some of them to use. Right now I've got Blades in the Dark and Trail of Cthulhu sitting at the top of my list, so if anyone's interested in trying out any of them, or any other system that might take your fancy, let me know! I'm based in Terenure and can host/GM, but am also happy to travel and/or have someone else run a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Sarena wrote: »
    Hi there!

Are there any games in Wicklow Town (or near it)? :)

I was thinking of starting a board games meetup in Bray. Dublin and Arklow, where the existing meetups are held, are relatively far. Having something local could be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

daigo75 wrote: »
    I was thinking of starting a board games meetup in Bray. Dublin and Arklow, where the existing meetups are held, are relatively far. Having something local could be nice.

I run the Arklow MeetUp, you're welcome to come along if you're down this far any time :)

In Wicklow Town, the War Room runs a board game evening the last Thursday of every month, which I also usually attend.

Advertisement