Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Despite all the doom and gloom on this thread it's been another nice day to end a nice week in Limerick

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Warm and humid in cork city, feels heavy? Overcast though sadly otherwise it would be very warm I'd say

And 22C tomorrow! Still fairly overcast though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gonzo wrote: »
    not a hint of sunshine at any stage today in Meath and feeling fairly cool, a few big drops of rain earlier, but ground has stayed mostly dry.

Twas a gorgeous day down here in Arklow ,I got some sun burn!
    Car thermometer read 20 driving a bit inland
    AWS around 19

Feeling warm this evening too still near 16c at 930 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Sky over Co. Galway this evening.

r4Ree9O.png

Perfect for an evening stroll.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sunny and warm in cork city! New flowers bought yesterday are ready to be planted now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Shock horror, it's cloudy in Dublin as it has been for the vast majority of the past week and a half.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Shock horror, it's cloudy in Dublin as it has been for the vast majority of the past week and a half.

same here, ground is wet after some overnight rain too. Feeling cool with a temperature of only 12C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭pauldry

Very dark in Sligo now. Its going to lash!! Just as well I didnt rely on the forecast.

Beautiful in Cork City. Around 19 degrees and sunny (with cloud around but).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭acequion

Very overcast in Tralee and also heavy and humid. Gimme back last week's beautiful bright weather!! :( Far prefer 3/4 degrees cooler than this heaviness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Overcast quite humid allright but very dull and overcast wouldn’t call it roasting or anything one of those stereotypical Irish summer days a bit meh really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I'd say yesterday and today were the only days this month that have felt truly mild, wouldn't call it anything more than mild though. This is just my own perspective, some probably see things differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Beautiful in Arklow today
    A land breeze, mostly sunny and nudging 20c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

4pm, big differences across the country from a cool cloudy Belmullet at 13 degrees to a warm sunny oak park at 20 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭esposito

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it anything more than mild though. This is just my own perspective, some probably see things differently.

Exactly. In my book, mild to me is 18-21 C, warm/very warm is 22-27 C and hot is 28 C +

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Back to depressing misty drizzle in Letterkenny, barely stopped in the past 36 hours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Beautiful in Cork City. Around 19 degrees and sunny (with cloud around but).

Yes same here this afternoon.The first really warm day since the spell around Easter although it has turned cooler and overcast now.

Yes same here this afternoon.The first really warm day since the spell around Easter although it has turned cooler and overcast now.

still a blue sky in the city and a nice mild evening, great for the Rod Stewart concert!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carola Coffee

Hi want to go up the Galtymore tomorrow
    but mountain-forecast.com says there will be winds up to 50km/hr
    Meteireann says 28km/hr which do I trust ???

I will call off the hike if its 50km/hr which one do I believe ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lashed in Sligo tonight but only 8mm

Up to 18mm for month now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Beautiful in Arklow today
    A land breeze, mostly sunny and nudging 20c

I played Arklow golf course yesterday and it was indeed lovely by the afternoon. A totally different story the further north I drove back up the M11 towards Dublin, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Disgusting morning in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭pad199207

Low of only 14c last night. Just 0.6mm of rainfall

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Bit muggy this morning.. breezy and fast moving clouds in Dublin. Feels like weather could go either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The last thing it’s here is muggy it’s cool breezy and damp.

Rained over night in cork city. Bit of a cooler breeze this morning then yesterday so far but cloud is starting to break up with some blue sky pepping through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Back to depressing misty drizzle in Letterkenny, barely stopped in the past 36 hours

Make that 50 hours + and counting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭acequion

Another overcast day in Tralee and quite muggy. You'd have to fear for the summer when you see this type of weather in late May.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I've just produced my final analogues for Summer 2019 - ones that will be considered in the forecast on Tuesday - and they're frankly quite surprising. Certainly not what I was expecting whilst doing individual updates and research in the background through this season.

It's cloudy and dry yet again in Dublin with some hazy brightness at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭White Clover

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I've just produced my final analogues for Summer 2019 - ones that will be considered in the forecast on Tuesday - and they're frankly quite surprising. Certainly not what I was expecting whilst doing individual updates and research in the background through this season.

It's cloudy and dry yet again in Dublin with some hazy brightness at times.

A summer like 2018??

Advertisement