Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

What rod is that Srameen? Lovely trout btw. Looks in great condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Claudia Sticky Combat

SeaFields wrote: »
    What rod is that Srameen? Lovely trout btw. Looks in great condition.

It's a Greys GR50. Yes, these trout are in excellent condition at the moment and give good sport.

IMAG0149.jpg

Decent fish from the Fane today. This is one of eleven nice ones in a 90 minute session today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just under 50lbs from the Barrow today. There's 5 or 6 pound plus Roach buried under the Dace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Just under 50lbs from the Barrow today. There's 5 or 6 pound plus Roach buried under the Dace.

Super-Rush would you mind PMing me where on the Barrow and if it's suitable for to bring the younfella 12, have to bring him on friday and somewhere handy like the Barrow would suit lovely, if you don't want to give away your spot no worries

21/25

• Advertisement

I thought for a moment that I was in to a half decent fish yesterday, only for it to be a double of small trout. The first of three doubles in the session.IMAG0150 (1).jpg

Yeah, if you could stop posting pictures of beautiful trout while I don't have the time to get out, that'd be great ;):D

Fair play Srameen. Lovely fish again.

So just to prove Srameen isn't the only one catching trout around here I fished Lough Currane from the shore yesterday evening. Got one beautifully marked brownie, who jumped from my net, back into Currane just as I hit the camera button. Ah well, off the mark for 2019 anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

So just to prove Srameen isn't the only one catching trout around here I fished Lough Currane from the shore yesterday evening. Got one beautifully marked brownie, who jumped from my net, back into Currane just as I hit the camera button. Ah well, off the mark for 2019 anyway :)

Doesnt count!!:P

Sorry about this but the stretch of the Fane beside the house is producing nice fish this year.

28 this morning, including this one.IMAG0151.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭jack01986

One from the Fane as well from a couple of weeks ago.
    29nJeD4l.jpg

Was taking my father on a drive around the place today as he is down for the weekend. Passed Lough Currane and there was a lovely wave on it albeit blue skies and bright sunshine. Only had my 6ft fly rod on the car, no waders so would be casting from the bank. I said I will try it anyway for 15 minutes. Less then 10 casts and caught the two of these on a double hook up. For scale that net opening is 18 inches long. The six foot fly rod had a mighty bend in it!!! Both returned for next time.

479424.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Worth the trip and the early start.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Worth the trip and the early start.

Nice catch

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

Nice bass i got recently.

We'll just have to take your word for it!:rolleyes::D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

There it is : )

Looks beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Nice fish Con

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A nice wrasse that youngest caught last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 padger

Hi, I'm looking to get into fishing, I just want to fish for mackerel off the local pier for now but I'm unsure on what rod/gear etc I need to buy? I don't want to be sold stuff I don't really need. Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭nokiatom

padger wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to get into fishing, I just want to fish for mackerel off the local pier for now but I'm unsure on what rod/gear etc I need to buy? I don't want to be sold stuff I don't really need. Thanks in advance!
    its getting a bit late for mackerel now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

nokiatom wrote: »
    its getting a bit late for mackerel now

Not entirely. Summer wasn’t great so they are still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

padger wrote: »

Pm me your budget and ill get you sorted with a setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Hope this works got myself a excellent guide arron Maughan​​ and we headed up to Cavan after giant pike and trout, myself and friend both got new pbs ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭con___manx1

caught in high water today.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭dazza161989

One of a few wasps caught today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

One of a few wasps caught today

Can't see any pic daz

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Caught on Lough Currane, Waterville on Monday. Approx. 4 lb cock grilse.

One of 17 lure caught perch from a 2 hour lure session on Sunday.

Can't see that photo either dazza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Can't see that photo either dazza!

Fecking file size is too big!!!

Advertisement