Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman Loses Job for Holding Gender Critical Opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ Thaddeus Slow Silver

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    Yes. Are you honestly telling me you don’t see the difference between sacking someone for being gay and sacking someone for being homophobic?

Clue: You have the right to be gay and it’s enshrined in law, there is no right to be homophobic.

This is not oppressive.

But say they don't fire them because they are gay, but because they engage in homosexual acts? The boss believes engaging in such activity goes against the ethos of the company.

Still ok?

Do you think if I came out strongly against the abortion laws currently being enacted in certain states in America I should be able to lose my job? I could be going against my companies diversity and inclusion policy by alienating pro-life people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,455 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

klaaaz wrote: »
    Oh this again, portraying your religious involvement in the LGBT movement

I feel like I should clarify a couple of things for you here.

Are you familiar with the expression “tilting at windmills”? I didn’t portray any religious involvement with any movement. You brought religion into the conversation in an attempt to deflect from your own ideology. The whole religion thing came entirely from you, not me.

The LGBT community just want to be left alone to be themselves that includes all the L, G, B and T, I have friends belonging to all. Yet there are those here on boards trying to divide us., everyone of the community are still together in Ireland.

And again, I thought we cleared this up already - you are not the spokesperson for anyone. The vast majority of people who are either lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender are left alone and nobody interferes with or is interested in interfering in their lives.

Then there are a tiny minority of people who don’t just want to be left alone but rather they seek to impose their ideology on other people, and it is those people and their ideology, who people are opposed to. That includes people who are either lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender who do not wish to have your ideology imposed upon them, and do not wish to be associated or tarred with your ideology. Most people don’t do this, because they’re able to distinguish between people who try to impose themselves upon other people, and those who have no wish to do so.

You appear to be more of the former than the latter, and the pushback you get is directly proportional to the degree to which you’re attempting to impose your ideology upon people who do not share your beliefs. Nobody has to divide any “community” that were never a community in the first place. Your assumption that everyone who identifies themselves as either lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender agrees with your ideology is fundamentally and demonstrably a falsehood, and it’s a damaging falsehood because anyone who doesn’t agree with your ideology is immediately labelled an enemy of your ideology who must be eliminated. Your claim that “everyone of the community are still together in Ireland” is just empty rhetorical nonsense.

It must really bother you that you finally met a poster who is actually involved* in the Dublin LGBT and yes I have actually being photographed in mainstream news marching as an ally. We as a group thoroughly reject your religious ideology to convert LGBT people and shall march as a one wholesome group on June 29th with Pride as the name suggests.

Klaaaz what bothers me is your previous acknowledgement that you don’t speak for nor represent anyone but yourself, and here you are contradicting yourself speaking as though you represent other people or can speak on behalf of other people who do not share your ideology. You’re attempting to align yourself with people who want nothing to do with your ideology, as is patently obvious from the number of people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender who have come out and said that they have no wish to be associated with your ideology, and you do not represent them.

I have no reason to be offended by your ideology, I simply disagree with it. That’s all. I’ve given you the basis for why I disagree with it which has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with your attempts to promote unscientific nonsense and try and impose your ideology upon other people through political and social activism which includes legislation, education, healthcare and other public policies which you are by now no doubt fully aware of the fact that they apply to everyone in this country.

That star indicates that i'm not a core organiser, i'm not a part of the inner core team if that sounds right but am associated with them, I know alot of them personally who are really good folk. I found this site by accident over 6 months ago, it was the 6th result in Google on something totally unrelated. Maybe it bothers you and others that you actually hear someone from the "coal face" of the LGBT community especially the trans contingent, oops I stepped on your toes! :D

You’re no more at the coal face of anything than I am, you’re neither that important nor that influential, so your presence doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I wouldn’t care if you were gone tomorrow as there have been many people before you who tried to impose their ideology upon other people, and there will no doubt be many people after you who will try to impose your ideology upon other people. It’s not you personally I care for one way or the other, it’s the ideas you’re attempting to promote that I question.

Like any authoritarian gatekeeper though, you don’t want people questioning your ideology, let alone can you handle the idea of people bare-faced having the temerity to disagree with you as opposed to just accepting your ideology as fact. You’re no different to the authoritarian craw thumpers that once demanded everyone be complicit with their ideology. I never took them seriously either, as they did not represent anyone but themselves, and were not representative of the vast majority of people whom they claimed to represent.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

Yes. Are you honestly telling me you don’t see the difference between sacking someone for being gay and sacking someone for being homophobic?

Clue: You have the right to be gay and it’s enshrined in law, there is no right to be homophobic.

This is not oppressive.

Why do I not have the right to be homophobic? Not to carry out an act that is homophobic, but to have homophobic thoughts and ideas.
    Is this not covered under freedom of expression and also probably freedom of religion?
    The idea that one could be sacked because they have negative thoughts or feelings (which may be compelled by their religion) towards homosexuals is absurd.

I’m not homophobic btw, but I’ve been called transphobic on this thread. Should I be worried about my job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Wow, One eyed Jack has mentioned the word ideology 19 times in one post!! That's quite an ideological feat in a robotic post.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110162809&postcount=1083

Wow, One eyed Jack has mentioned the word ideology 19 times in one post!! That's quite an ideological feat in a robotic post.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110162809&postcount=1083

I’ll make it very simple for you so -

Anyone who regards themselves as a scientist qualified to have an opinion on human biology, who promotes the belief that it is possible for humans to change their sex, is nothing but a fraud, and should be regarded as a fraud. Their beliefs with regard to human biology have no scientific merit whatsoever. I don’t need a relevant scientific qualification in human biology to determine for myself that they’re talking complete bollocks.

• Advertisement

• klaaaz wrote:

And yet again, you ignore any conversation in order to get a petty jibe in.

Your posts are becoming tiring.

Agree, self-ID is where the issue rears it's head in sports and also with an infamous poster here who is obsessed with the UK debate there. Think from memory, there have been about 300 GRC issued in Ireland since 2015. That aside, do you know the rules here for qualification for athletics/any sport at an amateur level on trans? It seems super quiet on the Irish front regarding sport trans-related.

Martina must have meant self ID in this instance. Referencing genitals does not help matters in "moral speak" ;) , I know as it's a sensitive subject and its really hormonal therapy that counts in a race.
    By the way, there has been no champions, zero medal winners at anything since transsexuals(medical transition) people were first allowed to compete in the Olympics since rules were introduced in 2004(no champs either in IAAF meets).
    There was no avalanche of people transitioning to avail of trophies, now call me hardline as a trans advocate that I agree that rules like this were there to stop abuse. Once a person transitions it's a bloody serious transition, it's a serious genuine step thru surgery to be who a person is.
    Thing is, some posters here object to transsexuals(the full medical transition) competing at anything based on their conservative ideals, as stated there have been zero medal winners at anything among transsexuals when they were first allowed to compete nearly 20 years ago.

I can’t find any mention of transgender rules on the Athletics Ireland page.
    This is the heads of bill from the GRA that was removed:

Head 26 enables a body responsible for regulating participation in competitive gender-affected sporting events to prohibit or restrict the participation in such events of a person whose acquired gender has been recognised under the Act and who is seeking to compete in the acquired gender. The prohibition or restriction can be effected if it is deemed necessary to secure fair competition or the safety of other competitors.”

As this was removed, there’s no mention in the GRA for any ability for sports bodies to restrict participation in sport. I read about a MtF archer (I know nothing about this sport, but she recognises males have an advantage over females) competing at college level with no restriction.

Given that’s there’s only about 300 people with gender recognition certificates here, it’s a small number, so it’s not really surprising that there have been no winners (Irish or otherwise) at the Olympics or at athletics meets. How many of those are FtM (would be at a disadvantage for most sports), how many are even in the right age bracket to compete at elite level in non age restricted competition? The population is far too small to statistically expect to see an Olympic champion amoung them. It’s a weak argument.

Personally, I’m against any transwoman competing in women’s divisions, even if they are below the IOC limits (which btw are twice the levels of testosterone that are applied to intersex athletes). The benefits of a male puberty, and years of training with testosterone don’t all suddenly disappear once testosterone levels drop. Yes, there is a drop off in performance, but many advantages still persist. And as Rachael McKinnion says, male advantage isn’t just due to testosterone, so paradoxically, she makes the argument that all trans should be barred!

Anyhow, I think this has been hashed out on the other thread, so I’ll leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

This is not oppressive.
    It is oppressive. From a strictly legal perspective, yes a person's sexual orientation as currently listed as one of the "protected grounds" in Irish law. So a person can't be sacked because of it. In NI its a bit different, because their political views are also protected.
    So there is scope for improving our laws alright, to give broader equality to peoples views. The homophobe shoiuld also be allowed to hold their views.

Leaving laws aside for a moment, I presume you agree a person should not be sacked because of their religion. But what if a person is an atheist, and their view is that another person's religion is nonsense. Should they be allowed to hold that view? Or should only the religious person's view be taken into account?
    IMO these two people should just agree to disagree while at work. Leave it at that. As long as one is not hounding or harassing the other, there should not be a problem.
    It should be the same for the homophobe and the homosexual.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

this thread is becoming inTRANSigent

Candamir wrote: »
    I can’t find any mention of transgender rules on the Athletics Ireland page.
    This is the heads of bill from the GRA that was removed:

Head 26 enables a body responsible for regulating participation in competitive gender-affected sporting events to prohibit or restrict the participation in such events of a person whose acquired gender has been recognised under the Act and who is seeking to compete in the acquired gender. The prohibition or restriction can be effected if it is deemed necessary to secure fair competition or the safety of other competitors.”

As this was removed, there’s no mention in the GRA for any ability for sports bodies to restrict participation in sport. I read about a MtF archer (I know nothing about this sport, but she recognises males have an advantage over females) competing at college level with no restriction.

Given that’s there’s only about 300 people with gender recognition certificates here, it’s a small number, so it’s not really surprising that there have been no winners (Irish or otherwise) at the Olympics or at athletics meets. How many of those are FtM (would be at a disadvantage for most sports), how many are even in the right age bracket to compete at elite level in non age restricted competition? The population is far too small to statistically expect to see an Olympic champion amoung them. It’s a weak argument.

Personally, I’m against any transwoman competing in women’s divisions, even if they are below the IOC limits (which btw are twice the levels of testosterone that are applied to intersex athletes). The benefits of a male puberty, and years of training with testosterone don’t all suddenly disappear once testosterone levels drop. Yes, there is a drop off in performance, but many advantages still persist. And as Rachael McKinnion says, male advantage isn’t just due to testosterone, so paradoxically, she makes the argument that all trans should be barred!

Anyhow, I think this has been hashed out on the other thread, so I’ll leave it at that.

Thanks for looking that up. We also have an Equal Status Act which has been ignored here by posters. Maybe someone in the Legal forum might know the exact situation in Ireland regarding transgender competitors in sports?

What I meant is that there has not been a single world Olympic or IAAF transsexual champion(or in the medals) since the rules allowed them to first compete nearly 20 years ago, not just Ireland.

• Advertisement

Thanks for looking that up. We also have an Equal Status Act which has been ignored here by posters. Maybe someone in the Legal forum might know the exact situation in Ireland regarding transgender competitors in sports?

What I meant is that there has not been a single world Olympic or IAAF transsexual champion(or in the medals) since the rules allowed them to first compete nearly 20 years ago, not just Ireland.

I mean anywhere, not just Ireland. Prior to Rio in 2016, the rules required a surgical transition - so that requirement would reduce the numbers who qualify significantly, so really to be objective, we can only look at the last 3 years. Even for Rio, the rules only changed that year, so I think it would have been hard for athletes to even meet the qualification times and under the new rules in time (I’m not sure if there was some leeway given there for the transition, but either way, it was a very short run up). All eyes on Tokyo 2020 I suppose!

Irish Equal Status Acts (there’s not just one, there are a few) apply to everyone in society with regard to the provision of goods and services. The reason they’re being ignored by posters here is because they’re largely irrelevant, and include exemptions which allow for discrimination under certain provisions.

As Candamir has already pointed out to you, the relevant legislation with regard to people who are transgender competing in sports, is the Gender Recognition Act, from which the exemptions were removed.

Irish Equal Status Acts (there’s not just one, there are a few) apply to everyone in society with regard to the provision of goods and services. The reason they’re being ignored by posters here is because they’re largely irrelevant, and include exemptions which allow for discrimination under certain provisions.

That line is contradictory, the Equal Status Act can be used by those who provide goods and services relevant to transgender people hence the law is relevant. And yes those who provide said goods and services can if they so wish use an exemption in relation to transgender people, posters here ignore that law.
    As Candamir has already pointed out to you, the relevant legislation with regard to people who are transgender competing in sports, is the Gender Recognition Act, from which the exemptions were removed.

What is the the status in Irish sports since the Gender Recognition Act came in 2015, can a male legally change their gender and then compete in a female category of any sport with no hormonal restriction or is it down to the relevant sporting body to implement their own rules regarding transgender people?

That line is contradictory, the Equal Status Act can be used by those who provide goods and services relevant to transgender people hence the law is relevant. And yes those who provide said goods and services can if they so wish use an exemption in relation to transgender people, posters here ignore that law.

The Equal Status Acts aren’t relevant to sports. You appeared to be just floating ideas out there with no foundation. You tried the same when you claimed recently that there are no anti-discrimination laws in Ireland, and when shown evidence to the contrary, decided as you do, to shift the goalposts and try and bring something else in that was completely irrelevant to your original claim.

What is the the status in Irish sports since the Gender Recognition Act came in 2015, can a male legally change their gender and then compete in a female category of any sport with no hormonal restriction or is it down to the relevant sporting body to implement their own rules regarding transgender people?

They can do what they like, and they can be challenged on their position through the Courts, it would be the Courts then which would determine whether a governing body or councils rules are in breach of Irish legislation or not.

Can a male be legally recognised as their preferred gender? We’re aware that they can. Does this automatically mean they are entitled to compete in women’s sports in Ireland? No it does not. Each case would be decided upon it’s own merits by the Courts if a legal challenge was presented.

The Equal Status Acts aren’t relevant to sports. You appeared to be just floating ideas out there with no foundation. You tried the same when you claimed recently that there are no anti-discrimination laws in Ireland, and when shown evidence to the contrary, decided as you do, to shift the goalposts and try and bring something else in that was completely irrelevant to your original claim.

Of course, there are anti-discrimination laws thankfully which you agree. Some posters here forget which country they post from and talk about when its Ireland where we have our own laws.
    They can do what they like, and they can be challenged on their position through the Courts, it would be the Courts then which would determine whether a governing body or councils rules are in breach of Irish legislation or not.

Can a male be legally recognised as their preferred gender? We’re aware that they can. Does this automatically mean they are entitled to compete in women’s sports in Ireland? No it does not. Each case would be decided upon it’s own merits by the Courts if a legal challenge was presented.

So in 4 years in Ireland since self-ID gender recognition came into being, there has been no flood of transgender athletes in the female category and if there was, there was not a single court case on the issue. (assuming that there is indeed a legal basis to object to a transgender athlete in sporting competition)

Of course, there are anti-discrimination laws thankfully which you agree. Some posters here forget which country they post from and talk about when its Ireland where we have our own laws.

Nobody here as far as I’m aware appears to have forgotten what country they’re posting from?

We can talk about legislation and how people in other countries are affected by it without limiting ourselves to Ireland. That’s why I asked you what jurisdiction you were posting from that you claimed there were no anti-discrimination laws. I was well aware of their existence in Ireland before it appears you were.

It’s no different to being aware of politics and legislation in other countries which may influence Irish society and legislation. The basis of much of our laws are derived from Common Law which originated from the UK for example. We have some differences in specific legislation, but for the most part we’re pretty much even. Of course the UK had the Gender Recognition Act nine years before Ireland, but there is no doubt that UK law influenced Irish law, and legislation in other countries influenced Irish legislation. That’s because Common Law is based upon precedent, regardless of jurisdiction.

We are also compelled to comply with a boatload of International laws and legislation, so this idea that “we have our own laws” as though we are living in some idealised Wakanda State that exists in your own mind? I really don’t know where you dredged that up from or whether it’s something else you’re just throwing out there again with no foundation.

So in 4 years in Ireland since self-ID gender recognition came into being, there has been no flood of transgender athletes in the female category and if there was, there was not a single court case on the issue. (assuming that there is indeed a legal basis to object to a transgender athlete in sporting competition)

Not that I’m aware of anyway, but what’s your point? It only takes one legal challenge to set a precedent, and as we discussed earlier - our laws are based upon precedent, like the Irish State having to introduce legislation following the numerous legal challenges by Lydia Foy to Irish laws as they were at the time. It’s an incredibly expensive and arduous process for all involved, so I wouldn’t generally recommend it, but if an organisation wants to play by their own rules and they can afford to do it, it’s simply a question of who has the better legal representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Most athletes do not compete at Olympic or IAAF standard, that level is only for those at the absolute top of their sport. Transgender females have had success at lower levels, such as Rachel McKinnion.

If the free-for-all and rewriting of the rules of biology is allowed to continue as many are pushing for, it's only a matter of time before transgender females are setting records at IAAF and Olympic level.

No matter how politically incorrect this view is, transgender females are not biological females no matter how many interest groups keep shouting it or what the law says may be printed on a birth cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Olympic rules mean you can self identify but are required to conduct a full year if hormone therapy in order to be eligible to compete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

This 'Woman' attacked a young girl with a hammer but luckily the cops had their priorities straight and recorded the crime as having being committed by a woman.

The 'Woman' also happened to be an advisor to the local police on Gender, Equality and Diversity issues.

I wonder will she lose her job now?

Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-16-54-52.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

This 'Woman' attacked a young girl with a hammer but luckily the cops had their priorities straight and recorded the crime as having being committed by a woman.

The 'Woman' also happened to be an advisor to the local police on Gender, Equality and Diversity issues.

I wonder will she lose her job now?

Screen-Shot-2019-05-14-at-16-54-52.png

I was going to post that earlier, Patty, but felt it might solidify my reputation as a crank :D:D
    It is infuriating. This crime is being reported and recorded as a female crime - when it is nothing of the sort. I thought it could not possibly be that Carol Lea was a gender advisor for the police but I tracked it down earlier - they did so between 2002 and 2007, and also assisted at University as a freelance trainer discussing Gender with students at Liverpool Hope University and Wirral Hospital Trust over a number of years.

The absolute state of that picture with the hammer. The odd thing is, if one watches the video of the attack, that Carol Lea went and got the hammer really calmly from the boot. They later punched the girl so hard in the head that she had to be hospitalised. Over a fricking car parking space!!! The girl is 19, Carol is 55, this is male on female violence. Oh anyways I am truly fcuked off with this kind of sh!t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

violent crime committed by "women" must be rising drastically in the UK. We even have some being charged with rape when in the UK a penis is required to commit that crime. So there's one stat that has risen by at least 100%. That definitely won't be skewing the figures at all and painting a completely inaccurate picture. Nope

Btw I think talking about inaccurate recording of crime statistics is another thing that lost Maya Forstater her job.

Here's the vid...

Obviously the testosterone is flowing liberally and the red mist has descended on this transwoman, who in the heat of the moment, has temporarily forgotten that he is supposed to be a she.

Then along comes the security man, who turns out to be a real woman, and is far too effeminate to be able to break up the scuffle.

Its a funny old world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

recedite wrote: »
    Here's the vid...

Obviously the testosterone is flowing liberally and the red mist has descended on this transwoman, who in the heat of the moment, has temporarily forgotten that he is supposed to be a she.

Then along comes the security man, who turns out to be a real woman, and is far too effeminate to be able to break up the scuffle.

Its a funny old world :D

I hope she didn't misgender her attacker during that. She might find herself being charged with a crime.

But I mean why the **** are people standing around filming and making comments. Just help the girl ffs.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I hope she didn't misgender her attacker during that. She might find herself being charged with a crime.

But I mean why the **** are people standing around filming and making comments. Just help the girl ffs.

Yeah it's the second video I saw today where people filmed horrible stuff and didn't intervene. Some days you'd wonder if cameras do steal our souls like tribal people used to claim,

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Just help the girl ffs.
    Which girl?

In fairness it is kinda funny. You'd be torn between filming it and intervening.

recedite wrote: »
    Which girl?

In fairness it is kinda funny. You'd be torn between filming it and intervening.

Must admit I would never film something like that, I'd be torn between intervening or lying down on the ground in despair at the surreal madness of things! :o

Zorya wrote: »
    Must admit I would never film something like that..
    Neither would I, but if I was the filming type I might. If that makes sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

Zorya wrote: »
    I was going to post that earlier, Patty, but felt it might solidify my reputation as a crank :D:D
    It is infuriating. This crime is being reported and recorded as a female crime - when it is nothing of the sort. I thought it could not possibly be that Carol Lea was a gender advisor for the police but I tracked it down earlier - they did so between 2002 and 2007, and also assisted at University as a freelance trainer discussing Gender with students at Liverpool Hope University and Wirral Hospital Trust over a number of years.

The absolute state of that picture with the hammer. The odd thing is, if one watches the video of the attack, that Carol Lea went and got the hammer really calmly from the boot. They later punched the girl so hard in the head that she had to be hospitalised. Over a fricking car parking space!!! The girl is 19, Carol is 55, this is male on female violence. Oh anyways I am truly fcuked off with this kind of sh!t.

I didn't believe it either until I checked it out.

There seems to be a propensity for violence and aggression in some Male to Female Trans..Gee I wonder why that is??

Absolutely sickening nonsense going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

That's absolutely repulsive behaviour.
    Hopefully they're charged with assault with a deadly weapon and thrown in any jail.

Probably won't see any apologists here until after the Eurovision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,329 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

An ordinary person might be afraid to interfere in case they'd be labeled homophobic or transphobic and lose their job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement