Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Storm Lorenzo Chat Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Yep. Baltic. Hubby doesn't agree.

In an unusual turn of events my hubby just turned heating on!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

Left my empty bin outside and it never moved an inch during Ophelia. Then walk a 100 yards down the road to find a tree uprooted. It's all comes down to how protected your area is from the gusts and obviously elevation. I suspect the worst damage will happen with wave surges close to coastal areas

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Looks like yet more hype over a non event. I have a feeling there will be a lot of head scratching and wondering what the fuss was about Friday morning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like yet more hype over a non event.

It has not happened yet!
    I have a feeling there will be a lot of head scratching and wondering what the fuss was about Friday morning.

Blame George Lee....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Looks like yet more hype over a non event. I have a feeling there will be a lot of head scratching and wondering what the fuss was about Friday morning.

Better throw the tabloids in the bin and read a book instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Blame George Lee, Dublin live and the Liberal. They hype everything up for views and then will be the first ones to blame Met Eireann when it doesn't go well.

The liberal used the words yellow warning and Ireland could be obliterated in the same article earlier today.....Although they will likely blame foreigners or Abortion if it doesn't come off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

pic from the azores

EF48-fpXUAAqsrc?format=jpg&name=medium

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

While this is lining up to be a non event. What other non event are you on about?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

Brought to you by Brennan’s Bread. Today’s bread today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭endainoz

I think you need the Brexit thread there lad

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You OK out there?

pic from the azores

EF48-fpXUAAqsrc?format=jpg&name=medium

That is terrifying.. ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Do we think the Met Éireann warnings will stay the same colour now and for the same counties?

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Bread making is hugely popular these days Graces ? I got two great recipes from the food forum for sourdough and wholemeal bread. Perhaps if you had used the term griddle bread, people would have known. Bannock is more of a Scottish term I think.

When I lived on the North Sea island I never bought bread in the whole decade I was there. Always yeast bread... By hand. Was fitter then! and probably ate more..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

In an unusual turn of events my hubby just turned heating on!

It's the Man Flu, it's going around 😉

Pangea wrote: »
    Do we think the Met Éireann warnings will stay the same colour now and for the same counties?

Dunno; I went to sleep and when I woke the warnings had all turned Orange. About to go to sleep again so who knows! One thing is sure; mayo will get hit

west mayo offshore storm centre,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Doesnt seem to be going to be too bad going by rte weather earlier on

Blissfully peaceful.. cow or bull is still giving out occasionally … else utter deep silence... ah! rest well everyone..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

George Lee is a disgrace. People actually think Lorenzo is an actual hurricane when it hits Ireland.
    He is the boy who cried wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Rte and George lee a disgrace. frightening elderly people is all their at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

RTE news.. basically were all going to die.. possibly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Why is there so much uncertainty over what’s going to hit? I will be collecting my child from child minders at 6 tomorrow evening would I be better off keeping him at home? Did azures get badly hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was hurricane Charlie not a hurricane George?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

George Lee has completely lost the Plot. Not on. Ppl look for impartial advice not his Hollywood disaster movie bluster.

Rte and George lee a disgrace. frightening elderly people is all their at.

Hey I am old and not scared! Ah but then I have no radio or TV! ;) Just boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

George Lee has completely lost the Plot.
    He never really had one.

New Moon

Why is there so much uncertainty over what’s going to hit? I will be collecting my child from child minders at 6 tomorrow evening would I be better off keeping him at home? Did azures get badly hit?

You’ll be fine going to collect him. Slight breeze and a bit of rain at worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Quite extraordinary by Rte and George Lee. We haven't seen this type of tabloid spoof from them before. I mean we get a yellow warning almost every week on Winter. Perhaps it's just an ignorance and lack of weather knowledge.
    Worth noting we are weather fanatics, and understand the complexities of jet stream, climate change more than most of society . We can see the media spin as not being accurate

• Advertisement

Quite extraordinary by Rte and George Lee. We haven't seen this type of tabloid spoof from them before. I mean we get a yellow warning almost every week on Winter. Perhaps it's just an ignorance and lack of weather knowledge.
    Worth noting we are weather fanatics, and understand the complexities of jet stream, climate change more than most of society . We can see the media spin as not being accurate

George lee the former economic correspondent, former politician, permanent chancer.

Advertisement