Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Very Warm, Thunderstorms, Flash flooding - Friday through weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Video wrote: »
    I've always been curious about this... where did it hit? and did it blow sockets literally off the wall ? :o
    Just seeing this.
    No sockets weren't blown or anything, and we don't know where it hit, not the house anyway. We didn't see or smell smoke or evidence of whatever.
    I think it must have been very close and created a surge or something, not a clue how these things work. We were in bed and the crackling and bangs woke us up alright, but it was too late for the electrics.

Edit : I remember now, we heard a farmer across from us lost 5 cows to lightning that night, so must have been there, not right beside us but maybe 1 or 2 fields away.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

Hearing distant thunder near Tralee.

Sherkin 11.1mm at 01.00 report

Temp 14.2C atm
    RH 94%
    DP 13C

No rain yet

We are going to die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

just got our first flash in Ballincolllig.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bazza935

Judging by the lightning strike map I reckon wexford/waterford will have it within an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

thought i heard thunder :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

Heard the thunder before the rain started falling. No lightening yet. Let the show begin. Mid way between Cork and Mallow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Quite spectacular in Kerry right now. 3 flashes in the last 2 minutes, iluminating the sky, interwoven with powerful thunder. It's an insomniacs dream! Magical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

buyer95 wrote: »
    Is it safe to watch this from outside?
    NO.

whitebriar wrote: »
    NO.

Sarcasm man:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Is there lighting in Clare or even further down?

Looking out my window and I can see it miles off, but it's so far away I'm not hearing the thunder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

At least 6 lightning flashes and thunder in the last 10 minutes in Tralee!

here comes the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Haven't seen any lightening or heard any thunder in Cork City yet. It's hard to see distant lightening as there's a fairly significant orange glow in the sky from the street lights. You'd probably spot distant flashes in the countryside much more easily.

unkymo wrote: »

I can confirm this, its all hapenning here! Crazy thunder just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

In wexford town and judging by the radar and lightning map we could see some action in about an hour ill givr it till half 3 or 4 then ill leave it if nothing, Only finished work at 1am so still fairly awake...for now

unkymo wrote: »

Is it very near Tralee?

I'm in the Galway bay and I can see all of it. Massive orange lighting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Unplugged all the sensitive electrical gear just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Friend rang , raining in Passage west with distant flashes . I am in the City and was outside , saw 1 flash to the west , it's just started to rain here now too , really heavy too !

3 flashes in 30 seconds just there in Tralee.

2 mins later, one HUGE illuminating flash. Im looking out the windown of my room and it lit up all the surrounding fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bazza935

In wexford town and judging by the radar and lightning map we could see some action in about an hour ill givr it till half 3 or 4 then ill leave it if nothing, Only finished work at 1am so still fairly awake...for now

In Waterford myself and reckon were in for a right storm if we stay awake

• Advertisement

honestly on edge here waiting for the lightening to come

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lesmanic

I'd nearly drive down to cork .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just woke - are we going to be disappointed here on Cork city - still nothing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Just been awoken by a great light show in London with frequent flashes and rumbles, wasn't expecting a thing tonight so just goes to show how dynamic everything is!

Its starting to come down around tralee, the lightening continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Well it is called world weather forecast.

I'll fetch you a saucer of milk.

Getting very rumbly here in Tralee as others are saying. No rain yet. The dingle peninsula is getting a right doing I'd say.

Seemed to be a big one there

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

is this all cloud to cloud lightening or cg? because the detectors are getting nothing from the west... :S

I'll fetch you a saucer of milk.

Getting very rumbly here in Tralee as others are saying. No rain yet. The dingle peninsula is getting a right doing I'd say.

meow ;) i was just point it out though :)

luck kerry and west cork getting all the action tonight.

i would like to point out there are nice pink blobs heading wicklow way on the irish sea

• Advertisement

OMFG, the thunder just there is the loudest I have heard, would undoubtedly wake a light sleeper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement