Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the Boards.ie AMA Forum - please read this first.

• 25-11-2014 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the Boards.ie Ask Me Anything forum. As with any other forum on this site, it is bound by the site Guidelines.

This forum will have threads started for an Ask Me Anything session with one person per thread at a time. We will run up to three different AMAs at any time. Site members will not be able to start threads on this forum, but they will be able to reply to any open threads - this lets us keep the forum a little more easy to manage.

Who can start an AMA?
    Anyone! :D Are you a rocket scientist? A full-time parent? A member of the civil service? A service industry worker? A cubicle worker at a gigantic multinational? A nerd with an interesting hobby? We've got an application form to fill out to register your interest and verify your credentials - you can do so here. All data gathered via this form will of course be treated with the strictest of confidentiality and will be deleted after your stint in the hot seat is over.

How long will an AMA last?
    A typical AMA will last 3 days, but if it's busy, and you can commit more time, we'll keep it open for as long as is appropriate.

What will I have to tell people?
    Only what you want. You are not obliged to answer every question (but we would consider it good practice to say "I'm not able to answer that" so people don't think they've been missed/ignored). You do not have to go into your reasons for answering or not answering anything nor should there be any expectation of that. You do not have to post your name in public unless you want to. Nor do you have to post your position in your company, what department of whatever you work in, etc - any details that might be used to break your anonymity are entirely at your discretion.

You may also, if you'd like, put your answers together in a video as that may make the process quicker and easier. We can make arrangements for that if you need, let us know.

What about some asshat abusing me because of my answers or because of where I work or what I do?
    They will be nuked with extreme prejudice. Again, I state that Boards.ie guidelines will always remain in play.

How will we know this is legit?
    The application process is managed by Boards.ie HQ Staff and they will be responsible for verifying the details and authenticity of all participants.

How do I sign up?
    Fill in this form!

Currently active and previous AMAs are listed here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement