Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Corgi Dublin Bus Model VG33

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

It's a specially commissioned model, hence, perhaps, the €45. Yes, it's a grand model, but there are errors, such as the rear end (Gemini 2 somehow incorporated on to a Gemini 1 style, so it doesn't quite work). Another noticeable issue is that the side windows don't align properly, something which, personally, has put me off a bit. The front looks great, though. Perhaps I'm just too much of a perfectionist when it comes to models :rolleyes: But, these errors could have so easily been overcome, as other Gemini castings in the past with a similar window layout have been spot on. It's a shame too about the rear. Sure, the €45 is a tad high, but I would have most certainly been in line to buy one of each, had I not got the reservations about the detailing, but I am of two minds now.

By the way, those pictures are of a pre-production sample, but there have been alterations made since. The second windows from the front upstairs are shortened on the production ones, for example, but just don't align with the downstairs ones as a result. A couple of tweaks to the front and rear side ones would have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Maverick88

Bought 2 0f these myself. As has been commented these are a specially commissioned model. I wish Brian Collins (the man behind this model) all the success, and I'm not connected to him in any way I should add.

Yes they're 45e, I still think they're worth that price, yes there's some compromises but unless you fancy making the item as Corgi currently don't have the correct casting then these are as good as you'll get anywhere. And as Corgi where highly unlikely to make these off their own backs I think Brian should be congratulated on his efforts.

Looking at the long game should these be a sell out it may convince Corgi to bring out more Irish themed models off their own backs.

Advertisement