Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

G/night from me and my pals...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

And a huge happy; Tonto is home. Still a sick wee cat but eating and loving to be petted, rubbing my ankles and talking.

So thankful. I climbed into the ruined cottage earlier to no avail but he might have heard me calling him and just hung on

He is a "keeper" and thinks I am too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Very TH about (I hope) having my very own home and thinking about adopting a siberian husky, which would be my first dog, chosen by me and trained and raised by me (well with professional help w/training). In other words, done properly.
    TH at the temperament description of Siberians. "Intelligent, they will assert themselves as pack leader if not challenged by a strong human pack leader who will affirm their place in the pack. They have a mind of their own & will ignore any command that does not seem to serve a purpose." Good doggy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I met the friendliest, loveliest cat on the way to the supermarket :)

I'm not used to random cats stopping and greeting me like they're thrilled to see me and then purring non-stop when I stop to give them some attention. She was a gorgeous little thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see the Invisible Man at the cinema tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

branie2 wrote: »
    Going to see the Invisible Man at the cinema tomorrow

But how will you know he's there? 😁

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bitofabind wrote: »
    I met the friendliest, loveliest cat on the way to the supermarket :)

I'm not used to random cats stopping and greeting me like they're thrilled to see me and then purring non-stop when I stop to give them some attention. She was a gorgeous little thing!

Jammy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

madmaggie wrote: »

*hands mm her coat*

😀

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

madmaggie wrote: »

By his body spray/deodorant/aftershave, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TH that I have a student teacher in my classroom allowing me to post this TH!

TH that I'm beginning to look forward to a daily chore. Every morning when I take out the ashes, beautiful birdsong greets me ... there are even a few birdies that wolf whistle!

• Advertisement

TH meeting lucky the tabby cat on the way home from the doctors and she rolled over on her back for me 🐱 loads of rubs were immediately administered :3

The Invisible Man was very good

Got a visit from one of my fave boards users last week.

He decided to come over by bike and got hit by one of last weeks worst rains.

I asked him was it too late to turn back and he said "I was about 10 minutes into the cycle to get over here - so I was committed."

Probably not the most subtle complement I ever got - but given the state he showed up in it actually meant something. I was seriously touched. Its a 40 minute cycle at a good pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I was at Mango X Mathman on Saturday night and the following day I went to my dad's home county.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that I printed out my thesis today. Just to get it bound and then it’s all ready to hand in on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TH that I printed out my thesis today. Just to get it bound and then it’s all ready to hand in on Friday!

Well done, Kitty! That must be a relief after all the work, be sure to treat yourself.

TH that I'm going to bed, as a night owl it's a nightly struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Well done! With days to spare, too. Go you!

Fair play to you, kitty! :)

The sunshine in the mornings :) Sometimes it rains or gets overcast but its a tantalising glimpse of the summer on its way. I can already feel the evenings by the lake or the sea after a days fishing. I've got a new Kelly Kettle especially for the summer Im determined to spend mostly outdoors. After 3 years of being held back by injury & recuperating from an illness, I'm more than a bit excited.

Th I'm making a curved cat basket pod type thing for privacy for my hairy gingerbeast. The dog annoys him and he's been worrying his fur. It doesn't look much healthier than Fr. Jack's armchair.
    TH I was gifted three different colours of willow to make the cat pod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I had a small surgery today in the hospital. Every single person I met, nurses, doctors etc... were so incredibly nice. I have such respect and admiration for these people.

Since the surgery, my boyfriend hasn't let me do anything (even though I am absolutely fine). I can't complain, I'm being waited on hand and foot! Maybe I'll drag it out a little longer ;)

Only a month to go till the new James Bond movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Using the virtual try on for glasses on the Specsavers website. Having a right laugh at myself. It is great craic, especially trying on all those mad looking goggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TH that i dont have a headache for the first time since last thursday

TH Watching bird tv. Chaffinches or bullfinches with orange chests, in the Indian Magic crab apple tree I planted about 5 years ago.

The sound of a lawnmower whirring nearby, confirms my belief that spring is winning the war after winter tagged on a few battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

The sun shining for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The beautiful song of a male blackbird , I even forgave him that it was only 6am as he shouted it out this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Talking to ' junior' and he asks me " what's your favourite true story"?
    The Bible says I.
    " No . I meant TRUE story.
    I love a cynical mind in a 7 yo .:)

• Advertisement

Clever girl :D ^^^

TH just that the weather is sweet.

Advertisement