Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rabbits

• 15-08-2010 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

they are definately going to be part of my survival plan!

they are easy to take care of, they clean themselves and they can survive on grass!

they could be used as afood source and they breed a litter of approx 6 rabbits every 3 months, raise the initial batch and then your laughing.

theyre easy to feed as they can survive on grass and theyre excrement could be turned into compost to make crops!!!

rabbits single hadedly bringing us through the zombie apocolypse!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

nope theres a thing called rabbit starvation, you cant live solely on rabbits (S.A.S survival guide)
    also some seriously inbred rabbits.

catch wild ones easy with a snare trap

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Good lean protein source, but mix it up with some other game, feral cows and sheep, fish sources etc.

Don't forget some greenery as well, plant a "victory garden" and you'll be pretty well ahead of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

And they hop.

ESSENTIAL!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Miximatosis :eek:

anyway whyo bother wit rabbits, after the colapse of society tere will be more than enough beef wanderin around, snaffle yerself a Herd, then go get some sheeps and chickens, Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

a good waybread of a food[look up how to snare,it's not hard and fairly reliable] while you travel.

The furs are useful and they are handy to breed,but don't live on rabbits[or meat in general] it's not nutritious enough for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

.SONIC. wrote: »
    they are definately going to be part of my survival plan!

they are easy to take care of, they clean themselves and they can survive on grass!

they could be used as afood source and they breed a litter of approx 6 rabbits every 3 months, raise the initial batch and then your laughing.

theyre easy to feed as they can survive on grass and theyre excrement could be turned into compost to make crops!!!

rabbits single hadedly bringing us through the zombie apocolypse!

I guess you don't watch QI. Too much rabbit meat will kill you. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

That's what i was thinking Kess, Plus according to wikipedia eating just rabbit meat turns you into a zombie :S

Rabbit starvation is likely responsible for the behavior associated with the Wendigo, an element of Algonquian folklore, in which a human can become a malevolent spirit that consumes human flesh to satiate its hunger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Whoa there nelly, are you saying that the OP's cunning plan to avoid becoming a Zombie by Breeding Rabbits, could in fact, lead to the OP Becoming a Zombie :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Indeed or it could be like that historical movie Monty Pyton and the holy grail and breeding an army of killer rabbits to ward off intruders. Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I'm gonna get a big gun and be all like "BANGBANGBANG" and the zombies will be all like "URGGURGRURG"(Translation-**** THIS) and everyone one will be like "horray", with one hot chick begging me to sleep with her....

but until then I'm happy with frozen pizzas and the Bravo channel.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement