Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech and Language Therapy- is it worth the course?

• 11-12-2017 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi there!

So I am looking for an SLT to answer my burning question at the moment. I am currently studying SLT and tbh my experience thus far has not proven to be positive. I honestly don't know if I should continue the course.

I have no idea of the job prospects or how to go about finding out about jobs or how I'll eventually apply. I also would love to know if an SLT would say that this painful and poorly organised course is worth the job.

I would love to ask an SLT but obviously can't say anything like that to my practice educators!! If there's anyone on here who is an SLT and would like to help in guiding me in whether or not to stay in this course please reach out!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aoifed6

Hi there!

So I am looking for an SLT to answer my burning question at the moment. I am currently studying SLT and tbh my experience thus far has not proven to be positive. I honestly don't know if I should continue the course.

I have no idea of the job prospects or how to go about finding out about jobs or how I'll eventually apply. I also would love to know if an SLT would say that this painful and poorly organised course is worth the job.

I would love to ask an SLT but obviously can't say anything like that to my practice educators!! If there's anyone on here who is an SLT and would like to help in guiding me in whether or not to stay in this course please reach out!!

Hi ,
    Do you mind if I ask you where your studying? I’ve applied to trinity as a mature student, I’ve worked in this area as a social care worker for 15 years and I think the job is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aoifed6

Hi there!

Hi ,
    Do you mind if I ask you where your studying? I’ve applied to trinity as a mature student, I’ve worked in this area as a social care worker for 15 years and I think the job is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Hi there!

Hi, as a Deaf ISL user and former user of a speech and language therapist throughout my childhood, please continue. There is a shortage of speech and language therapists in this country. I find they do an amazing job.

Advertisement