Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knightsgate, Rush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Yeah we're to close 26th too, we went out for the follow up snag today though and they had done very little. Fairly disappointed in that, will be sending them through basically the same list again so here's hoping they get the finger out because we want in asap

That's frsutrating - any explanation why they'd done so little?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laurendon

Does anyone know how many TV points are wired in the houses and what are their locations

Laurendon wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many TV points are wired in the houses and what are their locations

Pretty sure I saw living room, kitchen and ensuite bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

Looks like moving in time has finally appeared on the horizon...it's been a looooong process.

Has anyone scoped out broadband options? not hearing great things about the choice of options for Rush in general

gawoo1012 wrote: »
    Looks like moving in time has finally appeared on the horizon...it's been a looooong process.

Has anyone scoped out broadband options? not hearing great things about the choice of options for Rush in general

We sussed a few things out but got nowhere really.

Sky and Virgin said they can service the area once it's set up by KN Networks. KN Networks said they only set things up if they're instructed by Sky or Virgin. So makes no sense really.

Estate agent said at one stage that Eir will be the provider which we are not cool with. Have heard a lot of nightmare stories about them and friends have had major issues. We'd use a dongle or hotspot or something and wait it out rather than use Eir I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

There's Eir and Virgin connection boxes at the sides of the house beside the electricity meter so it's wired for Virgin. I spoke to a few places but they've all said it's not on their system yet.

Hopefully they've got the place on system by the time we're moving in

So out of interest, has everyone completed snagging at this stage?

We were told probably the week of the 19th for the 2nd (hopefully last) check. At that stage we'd be a week from the 26th so if they want to get rid of the houses by then, the snagging would need to be near perfect.

We had our second snag as I said before but wasn't even nearly complete but they haven't said when the next final snag will be. I'm fairness it's really all minor and cosmetic so I'll be happy enough to move in if it's not done then have them finish it off afterwards but not sure if that's something that happens

We sussed a few things out but got nowhere really.

Sky and Virgin said they can service the area once it's set up by KN Networks. KN Networks said they only set things up if they're instructed by Sky or Virgin. So makes no sense really.

Estate agent said at one stage that Eir will be the provider which we are not cool with. Have heard a lot of nightmare stories about them and friends have had major issues. We'd use a dongle or hotspot or something and wait it out rather than use Eir I think.
    so have Sky said they can't provide tv/broadband to the estate ?

Laurendon wrote: »
    so have Sky said they can't provide tv/broadband to the estate ?

Sky and Virgin said the same thing, that there are lines there but they need to be connected up and then they can confirm fully if they can provide.
    But they said that technically, if the lines are there it should be possible. Overall Sky were more helpful and called me back etc.

They told me to get onto KN, KN told me Sky/Virgin need to get onto them. Reached a dead end then.

• Advertisement

We had our second snag as I said before but wasn't even nearly complete but they haven't said when the next final snag will be. I'm fairness it's really all minor and cosmetic so I'll be happy enough to move in if it's not done then have them finish it off afterwards but not sure if that's something that happens

From what I understand nothing can be handed over until there's a full sign off. Hopefully they just dropped the bal in this one case, must be frustrating for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

Would anyone be able to give some examples of problems that they found on their snag? Just want an idea of what to look out for when we do ours.

Dommi1 wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to give some examples of problems that they found on their snag? Just want an idea of what to look out for when we do ours.

For us in general it was a lot of paint issues on corners, around window and door frames. Little dents on doors, bannisters. Loose-ish door/window handles. Little concrete holes/dents and lumps on floor. Also small raised bits on the floor where pipes etc. were laid.

Your own choice of course, but when I saw the list I was glad we used a snagger as we would not have caught a fraction of the stuff.

does any one have mesuremenst of the windows ? Has anyone got any recomenations for flooring - fit and supply and also blinds ?

Anybody get any nw info or updates? We're still waiting on re-snag update.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

Anybody get any nw info or updates? We're still waiting on re-snag update.

We were supposed to be snagging this week but the comms went silent so I assume there is a further delay ;-(

Another thing - would anyone happen to have the measurements for the oven/microwave enclosure?

tkrysiak wrote: »
    We were supposed to be snagging this week but the comms went silent so I assume there is a further delay ;-(

Another thing - would anyone happen to have the measurements for the oven/microwave enclosure?

Really? That's very annoying. We're suppsoed to hear something today.

Either way closing out by the 26th looks unlikely.

Really? That's very annoying. We're suppsoed to hear something today.

Either way closing out by the 26th looks unlikely.

We were due to final snag today but was pushed out to monday as the water will be **** off today for a period of time. We are still expecting to close on the week of the 26th. Spoke with Glenveagh on Tuesday last

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shadoy

They are supposed to give an update on our snag list this afternoon.

They're still confident that we will be able to close on the 26th though assuming snag lists are signed off and they have received funds etc.

For the people that posted about closing on the 26th: What were your original dates? We were told august/sept so not a big deal but if I remember correctly the first houses were supposed to be finished in June?

• Advertisement

For the people that posted about closing on the 26th: What were your original dates? We were told august/sept so not a big deal but if I remember correctly the first houses were supposed to be finished in June?

we were told june/july initially

We always just had a rough June/July/Aug thing. Then as we got closer Aug 26th was mentioned. It was the only firm date every said.

I'm a bit wary since a prevous poster here had their re-snag and a lot wasn't complete. If we go next week and the re-snag is only partially done, then it'll be a pain having paid for snagger to check, taken time off work to attend etc.

But, if the re-snag is next week and all is done, then great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shadoy

We were initially told end of May by the estate agents... kind of had a feeling that wasn't going to be the case though

The council are there yesterday/today doing some certifying so still holding out hope for the 26th

We got set up to re-snag next week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 foleye0803

We were in for re-snag today. Very happy with progress...Finish line is in sight. Water was turned on too!

foleye0803 wrote: »
    We were in for re-snag today. Very happy with progress...Finish line is in sight. Water was turned on too!

Cool. So is that you done? or do you need to go back again?

Hoping ourselves that on Thurs we can sign off.

Looks like we're finally there, hoping to close and get keys on Friday or worst case Monday.

Haven't gone back out to resnag after the first attempt at resnagging but Glenvaugh have committed to sorting out the minor issues after the close if they aren't sorted already so I'm happy enought to finalise things.

Hopefully get the floor down next week and move in next weekend

Anyone had any luck on the broadband front?

Looks like we're finally there, hoping to close and get keys on Friday or worst case Monday.

Haven't gone back out to resnag after the first attempt at resnagging but Glenvaugh have committed to sorting out the minor issues after the close if they aren't sorted already so I'm happy enought to finalise things.

Congrats! We are snagging next week and hoping things will progress ok.
    As for broadband, if you enter the proper address on Virgin website it shows you that Virgin360 is available. I certainly hope you can actually get it up and running because there are no other viable options unless of course you are happy with subpar/overpriced 20MB connection from Sky or Eir...

Keep us updated ;-)

• Advertisement

Amazing, great news. We're in on Thursday and hopefully moving to close then.

Advertisement