Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭New Home Help

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi All, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I am really interested in buying a new home in Citywest Village, the only thing holding me back is that it is literally around the corner from Brookfield & Jobstown. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Should this hold me back on a house I really like and I think is good value for what it is? [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Would also like to hear from some people who have just bought / considering buying in Citywest Village. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I look forward to hearing some advice, thanks in advance.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

My understanding is that there will be private security patrolling there. The Business park also has private security patrolling as well nearby.

Up to you to deceide if this will be enough. In any case I would consider the installation of burglary alarm, CCTV and a good home insurance.

Thank you for your reply Merowig. Much appreciated! 

I would be really interested in hearing from someone that has their name down on one of these houses also

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CitywestMan

I've bought a 3 bed house there and I have to admit it's not quite Ranelagh but comparing it to some of the other new developments, it's a good deal and construction quality/speed looks good.

There is always some 'dodgy area' near everything in Dublin - The Parkside development in Clongriffin has Darndale closeby as well.

I've seen kids throw rocks at passerbys at Spencer Dock and Custom House quay in broad daylight - 1 out of 5 Irish kids doesn't go to school and this anti social behaviour is unavoidable.

The LUAS Red line helps and the sprawling business campus right nextdoor would mean you will always have excellent rental potential from the thousands of international professionals who seek residence close to work.

The Lidl close by should be handy too. The only things I have concerns about are the lack of playground/spaces for children and if the estate would have a boundary/fence.

Apart from that - its a decent investment especially if you work around the neighborhood or city centre where the luas offers direct connectivity.

If the proximity to Brookfield bothers you, try Rathcoole down the road.

Citywest Man, thank you very much for your reply. You are so right, I don't know if I am overthinking the area too much! It's only because I don't know anyone that lives in that area and it is a quite nerve wrecking being a first time buyer. 
    Have you questioned if there would be a boundary / fence around the estate? 
    Thank you again for your reply

• Advertisement

Citywest Man, thank you very much for your reply. You are so right, I don't know if I am overthinking the area too much! It's only because I don't know anyone that lives in that area and it is a quite nerve wrecking being a first time buyer. 

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Missed out on phase one myself and am interested in Phaes 2 myself, been told it will be end of September/October.
    Anyone know what will be on sale in Phase 2 launch. 
    Anyone that bother how long are they being told that it will be till its ready to move in, are the dates on time. ?
    I was told that there will only be the red type bushes around the perimeter of the complex, like that of the one at the main entrance.

Cormac are you from around the area or what has you interested in moving there?
    Sorry I don't know how long construction takes, but heard the same, Phase 2 release in Sept / Oct.
    That's right, I got info yesterday that it's the Red bushes surrounding, and it's just gates at the Front which are already there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

A bit sad that Dublin already has a justified demand for gated communities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

"I've seen kids throw rocks at passerbys at Spencer Dock and Custom House quay in broad daylight - 1 out of 5 Irish kids doesn't go to school and this anti social behaviour is unavoidable."

It's ok for Feral children to carry on like this but if your dog merely barks at someone aggressively there is trouble from all sides! Why aren't parents made to be responsible for their children's behaviour? A dog needs a licence but kids creating trouble are ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

So if phase 2 is being released in Sept/Oct, how long would construction take, and getting in?

The current phase was sold in April-17 and has a completion date of Feb-18 ( tentative). So I would say its safe to assume 10 months from Phase launch - so Oct 17 bookings would be ready by Aug 18

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Premier!

Hi folks,

Seem to be in a similar situation to a few people here. My wife and I considering phase two of these houses. We both work in city center so would be availing of the luas. We are looking at second hand homes around the city at the minute and they are all just so small and expensive (though many have lovely huge gardens!) and unlikely to appreciate much, it is difficult not to be tempted by a brand new house, though the commute is the pay off. Also the lack of that village atmosphere in the citywest area is a downside. Other new developments around the city are just too expensive or just in the wrong areas for us (both originally from south of the country so would like to be that side of Dublin).

I guess the one thing we don't know is what phase 2 prices will look like compared to phase 1. Often you can add on 40,000 based on previous development launches which would be a pity to say the least!

Are there show houses on view regularly does anyone know or is it just before a launch they open them?

Cant see them going up 40K, that would just be ludacris. They may go up 5K but that is just my thinking, Sept seems a long way away waiting for the launch. 
    Show houses aren't opened, its only for the launch.

Going by the trend in nearby projects ( like Cuil Duin) - the price rise between phases is approx 10k-15k per unit ( 3 bed). I don't see the prices going crazy high in Phase 2 since Rathcoole Projects & Cuild Duin subsequent phases would be competitive and keep the prices in check.

Considering you'd easily be paying Double of this anywhere in a mature area for a house same size/specs - I think its a no brainer to sign up while the HTB scheme is still available.

Ya fair points. Out of interest, had you a particular house in mind from the plans and were you able to secure it in phase one? Or did you have to settle for whatever was left? Was there any of this queuing nonsense?!

It was down to the last 3 houses by the time I got to speak to a sales rep , the 'South facing garden' ones and good corner houses were all gone within the first hour

It was down to the last 3 houses by the time I got to speak to a sales rep , the 'South facing garden' ones and good corner houses were all gone within the first hour

Citywest Man, when was it you purchased yours when the 3 houses were left? Which did you go for?

• Advertisement

The showhouses and bookings were open for 2 days in April - I booked on Day 2 of the bookings being open. From what I could see on the availability map, it was all gone ( and genuinely gone as people walked in with cheque books and were signing booking forms).

I went for a 3 bed semi.

There were still houses after the 2nd weekend of viewing !!

Am I right in saying there were charging more for south facing back gardens ?

Premier! wrote: »
    Ya fair points. Out of interest, had you a particular house in mind from the plans and were you able to secure it in phase one? Or did you have to settle for whatever was left? Was there any of this queuing nonsense?!

A

There were still houses after the 2nd weekend of viewing !!

Am I right in saying there were charging more for south facing back gardens ?

Yes, that is right, thats what I thought, that there were houses after the second viewing!!!

Yeah, if they were available subsequently - in that case I guess I was tricked into signing 'asap' - a lot of terraced properties were available subsequently due to people backing out but no 4 Beds ( my original choice) or Semi detached ones. I don't know if South facing ones were pricier as none were available when I wanted to book.

Is your semi detached, a Willow yes? Is it the same layout as the Show House or Reverse side?

What was phase 1 on the map?

Im curious to know whats gone and what isnt, if anyeone knows.

site-map.jpg

Also, in phase 1, did anyone negotiate on prices when arriving? Can you negotiate on new house prices??

@Citywest man, from what you saw, are the gardens very small?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Claire K

We went to view the first phase of citywest and compared to other new houses we've seen we really like the design of them and the layout. And they are close to the luas and the prices are reasonable. The only hesitation I would have in buying in the second phase is that we currently rent in citywest the past 2 years and there just seems to be a lot of crime in the area cars been broken into, cars being abandoned armed robberies etc. prior to that we lived in saggart for the past 8 years and there was never anything like that. The only reason we moved was because it was being sold but we couldn't afford anywhere else only citywest as rents are crazy at the moment and we wanted to save to buy. It also seems there is an abundance of young teenagers in the area that hang around in gangs near the shopping centre and McDonalds.

Therefore id be wary of the fact that citywest village is so close to brookview and jobstown , its a shame as its the only thing that putting me off I love the houses themselves and the way they've been designed but id be afraid in a few years that the area would become run-down like other areas of tallaght and we'd end up regretting it and be unable to sell it in the future.

Has anyone else been worried about the high crime rate in neighbouring estates Or am I completely overthinking it ???

Advertisement