Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ledwill Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tej29

Marti_88 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard an estimate of how long the restrictions will push back this build on the park? I'm guessing well into next year

As per an email conversation with builder support team atleast 5 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭colly10

They only stopped about 3 weeks ago and imagine they’ll be back soon so probably won’t be a massive impact

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ek2020

We recieved an email a couple of weeks ago from Glenveagh saying that they are adapting their construction plan to ensure they are concentrating on houses where contracts have been signed. They also asked for dates as to when our loan offer expires. Did many people recieve the same? I'm still expecting a delay

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

We are on The Park and we have been told October is the expected completion date. We also received contact from Glenveagh regarding our loan offer; we have signed since January.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinse3

We also got this email. Form our correspondence they are saying that there won’t be too much of a delay, we have been told there delaying releasing any more houses and just focusing on houses that have contracts signed.

• Advertisement

Yes, We also received the email...I am worried about the valuation as the banks will be doing it again before releasing the payment as the valuation has to be within 4 months of payment release . If the Valuation goes down then how will it work.

Tej29 wrote: »
    Yes, We also received the email...I am worried about the valuation as the banks will be doing it again before releasing the payment as the valuation has to be within 4 months of payment release . If the Valuation goes down then how will it work.

I was thinking the very same. The way things are going I cant see how the houses will be valued the same as they were when we signed contracts. I know there is a clause in the contracts to get out of the sale if the loan offer is withdrawn, but where would that leave us then?

We would still want to purchase the house in any event, but I dont know how complicated things would be if that happened. There are around 40 houses in this phase, so a lot of people will be in the same boat.

Would Glenveagh maybe come back to us with some re-negotiation on the price if there is a big change in the prices over the next few months? Id say from their point of view, this uncertainty will have them wanting to get this phase finished as soon as they can to avoid this problem if possible.

Ek2020 wrote: »
    I was thinking the very same. The way things are going I cant see how the houses will be valued the same as they were when we signed contracts. I know there is a clause in the contracts to get out of the sale if the loan offer is withdrawn, but where would that leave us then?

We would still want to purchase the house in any event, but I dont know how complicated things would be if that happened. There are around 40 houses in this phase, so a lot of people will be in the same boat.

Would Glenveagh maybe come back to us with some re-negotiation on the price if there is a big change in the prices over the next few months? Id say from their point of view, this uncertainty will have them wanting to get this phase finished as soon as they can to avoid this problem if possible.

We were onto the bank and they have advised that they are expecting a 15% decrease in house prices. I'm not sure how this impacts us; we are the same as you in that we still absolutely want to follow through with the sale of the price but we will want to pay current market value.

Glenveagh would never suggest re-negotiation. I'm not sure how to go about it to be honest.

We were onto the bank and they have advised that they are expecting a 15% decrease in house prices. I'm not sure how this impacts us; we are the same as you in that we still absolutely want to follow through with the sale of the price but we will want to pay current market value.

Glenveagh would never suggest re-negotiation. I'm not sure how to go about it to be honest.

Don't know what way this is going to work.
    I don't mind paying what I signed up for as i'll be staying in the house and they'll eventually recover but if the bank value the property @ 15% less, the max they'll agree to give will be well short.
    It'll be interesting to see how this works out

If the banks value the properties at a lower price, and there are enough of us affected, hopefully Glenveagh would have no other choice. Our solicitor isnt sure at the moment what will happen with possiblle re-negotiation on price and said it's all up in the air and we will have to wait and see what happens. Have been speaking to people from our bank and Sherry Fitz today and they both seem to think new build prices wont really change. I got the feeling that that opinion is based on their own interests though. Hopefully we will know more in a few weeks

• Advertisement

Ek2020 wrote: »
    Have been speaking to people from our bank and Sherry Fitz today and they both seem to think new build prices wont really change. I got the feeling that that opinion is based on their own interests though. Hopefully we will know more in a few weeks

Sherry Fitz would definitely not be a good source alright but it's hard to know what will happen. Outside of what's currently on the market, i'd say supply will drop off in a big way.
    No one really seems to know for sure at the moment, it's not really a normal recession. When everything opens back up, how many people will pick up where they left off work wise

Was Sherry Fitz in touch with anyone else about life insurance and mortgage protection? We got a phone call last week and they advised us that if either of us where to get covid-19 that we would not be able to get life insurance or mortgage protect for 9 months. Did anyone else get this phone call. What are people’s opinions on it?

Yes...we also got the call...I feel its no harm in taking life cover before the mortgage as it covers for any unforeseen.

We got the same phone call and are looking into sorting it now. He also said that they will get us the cheapest price going...

Houses 1-15 The Park are built and 1-13 have their roof on now. I think 1-11 have windows, but 1-5 definitely have windows and are externally plastered.

Houses 1-15 The Park are built and 1-13 have their roof on now. I think 1-11 have windows, but 1-5 definitely have windows and are externally plastered.

This is good news....1-15 The Park built means all exterier done and interior work to be done or something else ?

Thanks, if exterior is complete, any idea on how long the interior would normally take?

Usually they start the interior after external finish, now I only know this from family sending me really far away photos so I can't be sure. I've attached an image showing the back, right to left 1+2, 3+4, 5, 6+7, 8+9, 10+11, 12+14, 14+15.

@Colly from all the creeping I do on Instagram of other house builds, it seems to take around the 3-4 month mark, plus social distancing delays and I suppose a month of extra wiggle room... I would guess around 6 months. We are just hoping to be in for Christmas. Glenveagh have said they'll give us a guide date in 2 weeks time and we plan to press them for that, as inaccurate as it might be it would be nice to have a rough plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RedJen86

Just read an article there that the ESRI are predicting prices to fall by 10-12% over the next 18 months, but that they will rise quickly after the economy restabilises because of pent up demand...we could end up in quite a fortune position here

Usually they start the interior after external finish, now I only know this from family sending me really far away photos so I can't be sure. I've attached an image showing the back, right to left 1+2, 3+4, 5, 6+7, 8+9, 10+11, 12+14, 14+15.

@Colly from all the creeping I do on Instagram of other house builds, it seems to take around the 3-4 month mark, plus social distancing delays and I suppose a month of extra wiggle room... I would guess around 6 months. We are just hoping to be in for Christmas. Glenveagh have said they'll give us a guide date in 2 weeks time and we plan to press them for that, as inaccurate as it might be it would be nice to have a rough plan.

Thanks, fingers crossed it will be no longer. We initially put the deposit on the previous phase and we’re told we’d be in in the first quarter.
    They decided not to build that so we agreed to move to the park and were told the summer. Fairly frustrated at this stage, we were looking at places a year ago

• Advertisement

To add to this, the frames of 16-19 are now up, they're absolutely flying it

To add to this, the frames of 16-19 are now up, they're absolutely flying it

Good stuff, with them focusing solely on building what’s sold, these might fly up. Fingers crossed anyway :)

Did anybody received any update from Builder/SF as the work has been started from last 2 weeks .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamh2110

Did anybody received any update from Builder/SF as the work has been started from last 2 weeks .

Yes, we have receieved a new date for October

Niamh2110 wrote: »
    Yes, we have receieved a new date for October

Thank for the info...what was your previous date of completion ? You are in The Park or The Way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niamh2110

Thank for the info...what was your previous date of completion ? You are in The Park or The Way ?

We were previously told September for The Park

We where also in touch and told mid October for The Way so fingers crossed. We went up for a look over the weekend as we live local and there has been a lot of work done. The majority of houses on The Park are plastered and roofed. All scaffolding has been taken off the first two houses on The Park. Scaffolding has been put up for the majority of houses on The Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RedJen86

robinse3 wrote: »
    We where also in touch and told mid October for The Way so fingers crossed. We went up for a look over the weekend as we live local and there has been a lot of work done. The majority of houses on The Park are plastered and roofed. All scaffolding has been taken off the first two houses on The Park. Scaffolding has been put up for the majority of houses on The Way.

We’re The Way too. Hadn’t heard anything yet but we haven’t contacted them either. We were told October originally so if it’s still that, happy days. Thanks a million :)

RedJen86 wrote: »
    We’re The Way too. Hadn’t heard anything yet but we haven’t contacted them either. We were told October originally so if it’s still that, happy days. Thanks a million :)

We are The Park and were told today they expect we will snag in September and be in by mid-October, but that The Way will be later than that. Worth giving Jennifer a call, she is happy to speak to people.

• Advertisement

We were told today also that they are hoping to complete our house in October and that they would have a better update next month. We bought on The Way.

Advertisement