Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Cian H

Most of these should be easy enough for ya.

1. This one has the vocal - 'listen its getting closer' (male) and then a female singing 'tell me baby im not dreaming, i feel so real' and it has a sound in it that sounds like a frog.

2. This one has a voice sampled and repeated quite quickly in a lot of the tune, it sounds a bit like 'hold me, hold me...', it also has someone singing 'wooohooohooohooo' every now and again and it has a woman singing/shouting 'work your body' and as soon as she says that a piano comes in.

3. This one has a vocal 'Higher Higher Higher' repeated a few times and has another vocal (female i think) 'let the music, let the music take you higher' & 'gonna move to the music' and she sings 'ooooooooohhhhhh' every now and again.

4. cant really describe this tune, its by cosmic baby, just cant remember the name so just give me some of their song titles and ill recognise it.

Just wanna know are these spelt right? Coz i wanna download them and i need the right spelling:

Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm

Punchanella - santrancisco (i know thats wrong)

Nicolai - ready to flow

SLacker - lonely traveller

Rachel auburn - machine man

(im presuming the last two are right, but they could have missed spelt them on purpose e.g music/musik or something like that)

Thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Cian H

Rachel auburn - machine man
    not a clue about the rest but that one brings back some sweet memories, 16-17 years old & giving it socks:D

the tune i'm looking for was played on the last episode of banzai, i'm pretty sure it was a mix of felix da housecat - magic fly (but he uses that sound on a load of his remixes)
    anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

4. cant really describe this tune, its by cosmic baby, just cant remember the name so just give me some of their song titles and ill recognise it.

It's probably Fantasia but they also had loops of infinity.

Ill try and figure out the rest soon enuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by ondafly
    Cheers mate, twas me !

anyhoo heres another one - sound clip on this site when it loads, any ideas people ?

http://www.b3ta.com/board/profile.php?id=498

Aphex twin - Window licker

SLacker - lonely traveller

oh yeah, that should be 'slacker - scared (the lonely traveller)'

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, i got slacker scared & it was fantasia by cosmic baby.

Cant ****ing get machine man at all :(

Anyone know the name of the tune in the guinness ad where the fella is surfing and theres massive horses in the waves. Theres some1 saying 'he waits; thats what he does...'

thanx

Anyone know the name of the tune in the guinness ad where the fella is surfing and theres massive horses in the waves. Theres some1 saying 'he waits; thats what he does...'

thanx
    leftfield - phat planet... class tune:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I like the dave clarke remix, the tune has a good bass

I had downloaded both of them last week, i thought that was just in the ad from about 2 years ago, where the water tank collapses, i knew the tune in the surfing ad was good too didnt realise it was the saem choon

Did dj shadow ever have a tune in a guinness add?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Lenny
    I like the dave clarke remix, the tune has a good bass
    the only version of the dave clarke mix i managed to find was seriously ****ty quality, sounded like it was encoded via an empty can of beans:(
    might d/l it again this weekend if i can find a 160+ version.
    definitely one of my fave leftfield tunes, brings back some sweet homelands 01 memories whenever i hear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sketch

yeah phat planet is a wicked tune and so is window licker.
    Have yas heard mulder's urban takeover remix of fatboy slim's rockafeller skank? dont ask me what reminded me of that, its a good tune though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Sketch

Alright? i was just thinkin,
    Everyone remembers that tune 'Iosphere' yeah?
    who's the artist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

@ Cian

Yeah DJ Shadow's "Stem (long Stem)" was the theme for the ol' Gayness ad where the water tank collapses. Decent teaune.

RC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Tune is constantly in my head

I guess its a cheesy tune. Dance, female vocals and she says

"Appologise for all the time...." and
    "...but that was yesterday"

Had the tune but now I don't :(

Am, also anyone know the bootleg Michael Jackson with billie jean and josh wink with higher state of consciousness mixed it. Classic....

Any help would put my still head at ease during my exam week.

[EDIT: while I'm at it, that add for some womens stuff, where the papers becomes un scrunched and u c a face, cosmetics add, I'd say that tune would be good mixed, so anyone know the name of that tune?]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

not sure if this is the right thread for this.

Any of you guys know Dj Dara? Drum 'n Bass Dj,
    to jog memories some of his tracks : (Slip and slide)Suicide, Heartbeat, and AJ1200 with MC Navigator.

Anyway, he used to work/hang out in forbidden planet in limerick, (when it was under the gap) around in 93/94 and they used to sell mix tapes of his. I had two of them
    Technology Works and Digital Distress and there was at least one more

now, tapes being tapes, they're long gone.
    Does anyone have them? I'll pay a reasonable sum for a decent copy or i can trade other obscure tracks from 91-94?

Originally posted by echomadman
    not sure if this is the right thread for this.
    i'd say you're better off starting a new thread really...
    Have yas heard mulder's urban takeover remix of fatboy slim's rockafeller skank? dont ask me what reminded me of that, its a good tune though..
    class tune, i got it by accident when i was d/l a load of mickey finn/aphrodite's tunage a couple of years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

still want to know :(
    "Appologise for all the time...." and
    "...but that was yesterday"
    beat in it is class, I heard it again 2day in lifesytle!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Whats the name of the choon on the Golf on Sky Sports?

alright, this tune was in the second hour of dave clarkes set in the redbox that was on 2fm a few weeks back...
    it's complete and utter knob cheese, damn catchy nonetheless.
    sample...
    (right click & save as)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Not letting me save whats so ever... gimi the min of it in the 2nd hour of his set

lol, i hadn't gotten around to uploading the sample, i wasn't expecting such a speedy reply.
    it starts a little bit before 35 mins in.
    "give me light, give me action.
    at the touch of the button.
    flying through hyperspace.
    in a computer interface"
    i'm surprised he got away with playing something that cheesy tbh:D

I know the tun you're on about been looking for the name meself.
    if you upload the sample I will find it, quite a catchy tune sounds cheesy but its not really.. I like the cutting action near the end of the tune

trans-X - living on video (ll edit)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Hey

listen who is the dj and whats the song called its only a new tune - bodijoe or something like that!! any ideas!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by tman
    it's complete and utter knob cheese
    Christ you weren't joking!

;-phobos-)

hehe

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

OK, VERY little info on this one:

I heard this track last October in two disco's in Berne, Switzerland, and again coming out of someones parked car in Dublin in January this year. I asked them what it was and they said it was "L'amour Tojours" by Gigi D'Agostino. I got that track, and its not that anyway...

All I can say about it is I don't think there are any words and the a repeated keyboard or synth line that is best written as:

duh-duhduhDEduh-duhduhDEduh-duhduhnanaduhnanaduhnana

if thats not enough, I'll try playing that line on my MIDI equipment and attach it...

Any help in finding this track would be much appreceated

• Advertisement

I was just about to ask you to rip a bit out of the tune and attack it, but remember you don't know it :p
    yea, its quite vague, how about trying to make it on a midi?

Advertisement