Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-06-2019, 19:52   #106
Irish_rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra gravy View Post
Watched the trailer for season 2 and couldn't remember a thing so started season 1 again this morning. Had forgotten how good it is.
It's one of the very best programmes I've watched. Must watch season 1 again
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-06-2019, 01:07   #107
Also Starring LeVar Burton

Finished Season 2 in one sitting this evening, and all I'll say is... Wow!
Thanks from:
23-06-2019, 01:13   #108
Zillah

I'm in a bit of a bind...I don't remember Season 1 well enough to have any idea what is going on, but I really am not in the mood for watching the whole first season again. I watched the Netflix recap and it did not help very much!
(2) thanks from:
23-06-2019, 01:33   #109
postsnthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillah
I'm in a bit of a bind...I don't remember Season 1 well enough to have any idea what is going on, but I really am not in the mood for watching the whole first season again. I watched the Netflix recap and it did not help very much!

I'm exactly the same ! That recap has me more confused.
23-06-2019, 09:35   #110
cdgalwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillah View Post
As someone once said "..every decision for something, is a decision against something else"
(Hint- a character in Dark.)

Soundest advice would be to wait til you're in a better mood to rewatch season 1. Or you could just chance it. Your decision.
Advertisement
23-06-2019, 20:04   #111
Unearthly

Well that was excellent. Such a hard show to write I'd imagine with all the different time zones and making sure things add up.

Spoiler: multi verse next season just to add to the confusion :pac:
23-06-2019, 21:24   #112
Also Starring LeVar Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unearthly View Post
Well that was excellent. Such a hard show to write I'd imagine with all the different time zones and making sure things add up.
It's amazing how complex it is and it absolutely demands your attention. If they stick the landing with the final season next year, it could arguably be the greatest show of all-time (pun intended )

I don't want to say much about the season just yet, as it's so fresh and I need a chance to digest it more (or even re-watch), but just a note on one of the castings Spoiler: they did such a phenomenal job with the elderly Ulrich - I literally thought it was the 2019 Ulrich actor with prosthetic makeup because the eyes and the nose are so identical, but it is actually another actor entirely.
(3) thanks from:
24-06-2019, 09:08   #113
cdgalwegian

Just finished watching season 1 again. I have to lie down coz my head hurts.
I had to have the wiki page open as I was watching the episodes; I found it really hard to remember who was who, especially when people were referring to others. That's not a criticism- it's just a measure if how insanely complicated this fantastic show is.

I've finished the online Darkology honours degree, and I'm sad to say I only got a 1.2. I'm not as clever as I thought.

Ok. I'm ready for season 2. I'll see ye on the other side- some time in the near future, or maybe the past....
24-06-2019, 13:04   #114
Dial Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillah View Post
I rewatched Season 1 a few months ago and still had to go back and read the ep-by-ep synopsis on Wikipedia before I started Season 2. Give that a read, try S2E1 and if you still haven't a rashers what's happening, go back and watch the last two or three episodes of S1 again.
Advertisement
24-06-2019, 15:47   #115
extra gravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgalwegian View Post
Just finished watching season 1 again. I have to lie down coz my head hurts.
I had to have the wiki page open as I was watching the episodes; I found it really hard to remember who was who, especially when people were referring to others. That's not a criticism- it's just a measure if how insanely complicated this fantastic show is.

I've finished the online Darkology honours degree, and I'm sad to say I only got a 1.2. I'm not as clever as I thought.

Ok. I'm ready for season 2. I'll see ye on the other side- some time in the near future, or maybe the past....
I rewatched most of season 1 whilst hungover yesterday, I think I'm going to have the read the wiki now too!
24-06-2019, 20:23   #116
How Soon Is Now

Send a message via Yahoo to How Soon Is Now Send a message via Skype™ to How Soon Is Now
Really really good show very underrated.

Finished the second season last night and ya had the same problem as others trying to remember certain bits from the first season but a lot of it came to me as things progressed.

Its also well worth sticking with the subs i dunno how half the people online more then likely in America.... are watching it dubbed ffs!

Wont comment on what happened on season two and how it ended up but **** didn't see it coming that's all ill say
24-06-2019, 22:34   #117
cdgalwegian

Using some (crackle, crackle) discarded batteries, I've managed to fashion a miniature black hole, through which (crackle) I hope to have contacted ye from the other side - stop - definitely re-watch series 1 - stop - no spoilers, but intro music (crackle) same; GOODBYE, by Apparat. Haunting, with such appropriate and cool lines (crackle) as "for either never, or ever, goodbye". - stop - . I love this show- stop.
24-06-2019, 23:35   #118
extra gravy

Half way through season 2 now, I'm a bit lost! Spoiler: Just after watching older Jonas talking to Charlotte in the bunker. Can anyone explain why he doesn't seem to know that he's Adam? Or maybe he does and he's not letting on?
25-06-2019, 10:02   #119
Cordell

I was really disappointed by the ending...
Spoiler: The carefully build the concept of unbreakable time loops that can only be broken by that elusive loophole, then poof, multiverse, the lazy concept for light and easy time travel shows.
Thanks from:
25-06-2019, 23:31   #120
Dial Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra gravy
Half way through season 2 now, I'm a bit lost!
I've just finished episode 6 and even with checking the wiki after each episode it's pretty safe to say I haven't a fcuking rasher's what's going on. But man, that episode hit me right in the feels.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion