Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jessica Jones [Netflix]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Carrie Anne Moss to play Jeri Hogarth who is a gender bend of the character Jeryn Hogarth. http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/10/9494493/carrie-anne-moss-joins-jessica-jones-in-gender-bent-role

First reviews starting to come out from NYCC.
    While a full review is coming down the line, I will say Jessica Jones starts out with a strong premiere episode that firmly marks the series as the most mature Marvel Cinematic Universe project to date. Yes, Daredevil took the MCU into much darker, more violent places, but Jessica Jones not only matches that, it goes further.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/10/11/nycc-2015-jessica-jones-premieres-and-proves-to-be-the-most-mature-mcu-project-yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Trailer has dropped, looks good to me and probably a shade darker than Daredevil.

That looks really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Going to be hard to focus on the plot when Krysten Ritter is on-screen all the time. She's ridiculously hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Looks great. Matches the tone of the comics well, as well as fitting the aesthetic set by the Daredevil series.

I'm really looking forward to this I must say.

https://twitter.com/JessicaJones/status/659654993335595008

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Friday isnt it? Cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Friday isnt it? Cant wait
    It is. I wonder if the writers are going to make out that Jessica is an inhuman or if there's some other explanation for her powers.

flazio wrote: »
    It is. I wonder if the writers are going to make out that Jessica is an inhuman or if there's some other explanation for her powers.

I don't see a reason they'd make her Inhuman, when she's not. If they change anything about her origin, I'd imagine it'll be that
    she was splashed in the same accident as Matt Murdock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

Is it me or does look to be ripped wholesale from Dan Simmons Carrion Comfort ?

I don't know what that is....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

Its a book - its like a comic without the pictures

Wolff wrote: »
    Its a book - its like a comic without the pictures

What's the point in that?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What time will this be available to view tomorrow?

Either 5am or 8am depending on if it's dropped on the East Coast or West Coast of America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Either 5am or 8am depending on if it's dropped on the East Coast or West Coast of America.

12.01 Pacific so 8am (so says world time buddy).

13 eps dump aswell.

Hopefully that trailer I watched is just the first ep and not the whole series or theirs damn near no point in watching this.

Stupid trailers.:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So as is the norm with online shows, by the time I've logged in and come back here tomorrow morning, or by the end of the day otherwise, some people will have already watched the entire run in one sitting, likely adding their thoughts in the process. The world of TV today is a strange fellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well, here's a proposal. How about we open 4 threads. One for episodes 1-3, one for 4-6, one for 7-9 and one for 8- finalé? That way you can discuss up to a point without threat of getting spoilt for further on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Just use spoilers and nothing will be ruined on anyone else...don't think 4 new threads are needed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just use spoilers and nothing will be ruined on anyone else...don't think 4 new threads are needed

Unlike other broadcast shows where at least there's a week-to-week mapping between episodes and discussion (so if you haven't watched episode 6 that aired this week, it's safe to say the thread is out of bounds 'til then), if everything's spoiler-texted for online shows then it makes it harder to discuss it as people watch, given there's more risk the grey text spoils a later point in the series. Seems to result in less chat about the shows too; binge watching doesn't feel like it endears itself to discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bazatron

I thought Ritter would struggle with some of the more serious broody dialogue and it's the case. I like her but not sure she was the right choice for this. Rosario Dawson would have been perfect if she wasn't already in the Marvel uni.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Bazatron wrote: »
    I thought Ritter would struggle with some of the more serious broody dialogue and it's the case. I like her but not sure she was the right choice for this. Rosario Dawson would have been perfect if she wasn't already in the Marvel uni.

4 eps in and I really like it. My wife thinks it's a lot better than daredevil, they're complete different types of show so far

Bazatron wrote: »

I disagree. I previously didn't give Ritter much time but I think she's great in this. It would be redundant to praise Tennant cos he's so obviously great, so I'll move on. For me, Mike Coulter is the surprise. He's fantastic in this (5 eps in) and puts my fears of the upcoming Luke Cage show to bed. Great show so far. Lots of stuff borrowed from the comics but not much that impacts the main story arc, meaning it's free of slaving to the source material. Win win!

Ritter is fantastic I have to say.

I said in AoS thread that Marvel have been pretty spot on in there casting across the whole MCU and once again I think they nailed it here.

4 episodes in and can't wait till tomorrow to have a lazy Sunday bingeing the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think Ritter is the weak point tbh. Everyone else is great. Prefer Daredevil as a whole (more my type of show really) but this is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Ridley

Odd that, say,
    breaking Kilgrave's jaw
    wasn't discussed as an option.

I was waiting for
    Trish to get called a hellcat at some point
    . Surprised it didn't happen.
    For me, Mike Coulter is the surprise. He's fantastic in this (5 eps in) and puts my fears of the upcoming Luke Cage show to bed.

Gonna be interesting to see what it can offer since his role in this is a lot bigger than what I would have expected.

• Advertisement

^^I don't know how far in you are so I can't read your spoilered bits...

Agreed about Luke Cage. I thought he was gonna have a tiny walk-on part but it looks like we'll have an established character to work with. I assume they already have the season planned though!

Advertisement