Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The No RTE Chatshows Summer Thread 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,628 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Driving home from Slane last Saturday night, flicking between stations I heard Radio One playing good country music, can we not have more of that and less of the karaoke crap from Carter, Denver and the rest of those chancers.

Pity the poor people heading to ‘Drownload’ this weekend... :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-leicestershire-48627574

• Registered Users Posts: 19,577 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pity the poor people heading to ‘Drownload’ this weekend... :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-leicestershire-48627574

Jeeeaysus. That's miserable.

Makes my unreasonable bitching last week seem entirely unreasonable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Weather was crap enough at Slane, just a bit of light drizzle compared to Download.

The Full Monty on RTE 2, brilliant film.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

C&W fest coming up in the village here in a few weeks. They did it last year and it was a massive success. It brings people around and money gets spent . Fair play to them but not my thing. My son has his cowboy hat bought already.

http://www.benbulbencountrymusicfestival.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Noel Gallagher doing a decent set at the Isle of Wight tonight (Live on Sky Arts & Sky One now)

• Advertisement

‘The Water Diviner’ starring Russell Crowe starting on RTE Two right now.

The film’s only claim to fame is that it was the very film Russell was promoting on the LLS when he told the audience to clap in time :D

There's a 53 minute Late Late Show Christmas Comedy Special thing from 1994, uploaded today by KillianM2 on Youtube

Brendan O'Carroll
    Tom O'Connor
    Kevin McAleer
    D'unbelievables
    Ray Barra
    Niall Tobin
    The Ministers wife
    Noel V Ginnity
    Frank Ford
    Stockton's Wing & Mary Cashin
    Brush Sheils

I don't know why Stockton's Wing are on a comedy special
    No Jason Byrne or Des Bishop

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

He also posted Ireland's homecoming from the 1994 World Cup today, the bits I've seen are pure car crash, best to not embed the video :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Eh Is the Tommy Tiernan show not a chat show? That's still on every Saturday night. So maybe your no chat show tread is a bit premature.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

‘The Best Of The Late Late Show’ starts tonight.

Is it worth RTE putting together a ten-minute show?

Thank you, I’m here all week! :cool:

• Advertisement

In 1994 RTE's Summer Chatshow replacement thing was Gortnaclune 94, a weird Sitcom/Variety Show which was based around a makey uppy festival in a makey uppy place called Gortnaclune. Presented by Pat O'Mahony from Head 2 Toe

In this clip Joe Duffy is dressed up as Aladdin looking for puppets. Or something.

Pat O'Mahony is so proud of it he put clips of it on Youtube

Gortnaclune did not return in 95

Can I just say, if I haven't before, that RTE & TG4 are doing an absolutely sterling job on the chick's World Cup.

Showing every game is excellent, for many, many reasons.

Yeah fair play, can't get my head around people whinging about it being shoved in their faces, and yet say nothing about that Love Island bollox.

Yeah fair play, can't get my head around people whinging about it being shoved in their faces, and yet say nothing about that Love Island bollox.

I don't know where this "shoved in their faces" bullshìt came from. Certainly not reality.

It's amongst the least credible arguments I've ever heard.

I don't think anyone is deluded enough to think it's on the same level as the men's game, it's definitely better than watching middle aged women roaring at each other on Eastenders or whatever the alternatives are.

Is there an Aussie player with the name of 'Foord' or did someone make a mistake when putting the name on the back of the jersey.

Is there an Aussie player with the name of 'Foord' or did someone make a mistake when putting the name on the back of the jersey.

No it’s right, Caitlin Foord.

I don't think anyone is deluded enough to think it's on the same level as the men's game, it's definitely better than watching middle aged women roaring at each other on Eastenders or whatever the alternatives are.

Back..... Of..... The..... Net.

Alanna Kennedy sent off!

DecimalWeepyAdeliepenguin-size_restricted.gif

Don’t think I’ve seen ‘Down And Out In Beverley Hills’ since it first came out :eek:

Not as good as ‘Ruthless People’ :D

Alanna Kennedy sent off!

DecimalWeepyAdeliepenguin-size_restricted.gif

Ha ha ha ha.

Brilliant.

• Advertisement

Just as well Wales never qualified given their choice of footy kit...

welsh2.jpg

Started watching this match from the 80th minute on and enjoyed it, all that was missing was a birra Brian Kerr.

Just seen one of the Australian players is called Polkinghorne, what a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Thank God for that.

Congratulations Norway :)

More 4 till 00.10. It was alright in the 80s.

Been on loads of times but I've never seen it. Good laugh.

WM, I was entertained by some of your lot last week. Went down to the local alehouse and they had an open mic night on. Usually a core few lads and lassies with electric bass turned down low, 2 accoustic guitars and a mandolin. Anyone extra is a bonus. Four people arrived in the other night with fiddle flute and banjo anr it evolved into a 12 person bluegrass session. I was chatting with one of the women outside for a smoke and she told me they were from Wales. I didn't catch the placename. They were part of a contingent over to Rosses Point for the Sea Shanty Festival.

sligojoek wrote: »
    WM, I was entertained by some of your lot last week. Went down to the local alehouse and they had an open mic night on. Usually a core few lads and lassies with electric bass turned down low, 2 accoustic guitars and a mandolin. Anyone extra is a bonus. Four people arrived in the other night with fiddle flute and banjo anr it evolved into a 12 person bluegrass session. I was chatting with one of the women outside for a smoke and she told me they were from Wales. I didn't catch the placename. They were part of a contingent over to Rosses Point for the Sea Shanty Festival.

Sounds brilliant.

I'd love to have gone down to that festival. but I was stuck working on my kitchen over the weekend. Ironically I was in RP 4 times over 2 days dropping off and picking up someone. A 2-3 hr pub crawl between the two pubs and a lift home would have been a lovely Sunday afternoon. Maybe next year.

• Advertisement

Swedish player called Blackstenius, some brilliant names at the Women's World Cup.

Advertisement