Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-04-2019, 16:51   #106
tommythecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post
Where can you watch the Doc ?
It’s just on YouTube. “Rainy in Glenageary”.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-05-2019, 13:26   #107
Kingp35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-10 View Post
I was in secondary school at the time in the area and her father was a teacher of mine that year. Was a really shocking time.
I went to the same school as her father too. Sound man. Still say hello to him when I see him around Dun Laoghaire. It was a shocking time and very disappointing that the case has yet to be solved.
Thanks from:
08-05-2019, 20:01   #108
chicorytip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat
I watched this doc and I must have missed something in it. What is at the end of the road she goes to at the end. Who lived there?

There was one particular house in the final shot. The implication made by the film makers is that this was the home address of the likely killer at the time and, perhaps, he still lives there. There was also an oblique reference to what may have been or still is his place of employment i.e. "qualms of conscience in the Department of Justice". The individual concerned was considered a suspect and interviewed at the time. He was a drug user with previous convictions for assaults against women using knives. The programme suggests - based on an interview with an unnamed senior detective who worked on the case - that this man's movements on the night of Raoinaid's murder and the alibis he provided to Gardai were not investigated thoroughly and checked properly. He may also have been the same man, wearing bloodsoaked trousers, who took a taxi from Dun Laoighre to the Granville Road area of Blackrock shortly after the time the killing was likely to have occurred. So, make of all that what you will. To me, it just adds further to the complete sense of mystery surrounding the entire case. Twenty years have elapsed with not even a hint of a real breakthrough in the investigation.
10-05-2019, 22:52   #109
8-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicorytip View Post
There was one particular house in the final shot. The implication made by the film makers is that this was the home address of the likely killer at the time and, perhaps, he still lives there. There was also an oblique reference to what may have been or still is his place of employment i.e. "qualms of conscience in the Department of Justice". The individual concerned was considered a suspect and interviewed at the time. He was a drug user with previous convictions for assaults against women using knives. The programme suggests - based on an interview with an unnamed senior detective who worked on the case - that this man's movements on the night of Raoinaid's murder and the alibis he provided to Gardai were not investigated thoroughly and checked properly. He may also have been the same man, wearing bloodsoaked trousers, who took a taxi from Dun Laoighre to the Granville Road area of Blackrock shortly after the time the killing was likely to have occurred. So, make of all that what you will. To me, it just adds further to the complete sense of mystery surrounding the entire case. Twenty years have elapsed with not even a hint of a real breakthrough in the investigation.
There's 2 houses in the final shot. The filmmaker says that the anonymous tip brought them to a road that came up earlier in their investigation. They don't say what but remember they mention that after speaking to the allegedly aggressive female friend that they try to find out more details about her but don't find anything significant...other than confirming what her family address was at the time.

I take the implication that one of those was her family house and the taxi passenger was looking to go there that night.

Also, I notice today that one of the houses in the final shot is up for sale on Daft, and the one beside it recently sold. Not sure which it's supposed to be and this is just my reading of the documentary, just found it interesting.

It's possible that there were 2 people involved covering for each other like the retired detective theorised
Thanks from:
10-05-2019, 22:55   #110
Mantis Toboggan

Didn't the guy in the taxi say he was trying to get home before his girlfriend?

Documentary was OK, they could have done with a few interviews and reconstructions.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-05-2019, 23:00   #111
8-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
Didn't the guy in the taxi say he was trying to get home before his girlfriend?

Documentary was OK, they could have done with a few interviews and reconstructions.
Yes he did...
(2) thanks from:
17-05-2019, 11:15   #112
Boom_Bap
Landfill

I've had to delete a few posts, getting into detail on an Irish case which is not permitted on the forum as per the charter.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion