Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simpler times!

• 31-01-2018 11:35pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as the "Five years from now" thread gets bumped every now and again, with people assessing their progress in different ways, it's only fitting that we also look back fondly at how nice things could sometimes be a while back (even when we were miserable and stuff).

Back when memes were fun and infectious instead of done to death within a week on Instagram. When YouTube celebrities were nice to deal with instead of doing stupid things in Japan or going full-on anti-Semitic. When Rick-rolling was the worst thing you could do to other folks on the Internet.

Ah...

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Also this. I wonder where they all are now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I showed that video to my little brother last year, he didn't know anything except Charlie the Unicorn...how?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

YouTube seems to have had multiple generations of personalities and vloggers (and now, apparently, "influencers") since I stopped paying attention to it properly. I almost exclusively use it for music and the occasional exercise/training video. The popular stuff's all loud voices and jump-cuts now. I saw a few books in Easons recently, colouring books with the faces of famous YouTubers, and I'd literally never heard of any of them. I used to be with it, etc... :pac:

Advertisement